Need More Info Game crashes every time i load into a scene e.g load into a battle, a village castle or town

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Every time i load into any scene, a battle, training area, town village or castle, take a walk around then my game will begin to load, freeze and then crash, I've tried scavenged the internet and cant seem to find any fix, i wont get a crash log pop up or anything it just goes to the load screen, then the music stops and the game crashes to desk top, I've already tried verifying cache etc non of which seems to work.

This problems only seems to be since i updated to windows 10, I've installed all of the associated drivers etc and yet the problems persists making the game unplayable
How to Reproduce: Simply when i load into any scene
Have you used cheats and if so which: None but happens with and without
Scene Name (if related): All ...
Media (Screenshots & Video): I cant as the game crashes
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 960
GPU Driver Version: Associated drivers from NVIDIA
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: Unknown
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): I've tried with the game being installed on both my 2TB HDD as well as my 500GB SSD

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Can you please try a clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Hey, So I've tried everything imaginable, I've done a clean install of the game and removed all the files related including any hidden files etc, I've updated all drivers on my PC, everything is up to date including my Windows version, game version etc. I have no mods installed and the game is a 100% clean fresh install. My PC specs meet the minimum requirements / Exceed the minimum requirements for the game.

The game itself will load as normal through to the menu, once in the menu i can begin a new campaign, it plays the into as normal, allows me to make my character and load into the initial scene in the training ground. while in this scene i'm able to interact with the scene as normal, do all of the practice fights, talk to the characters within the scene with no issue. Once i exit the scene i'm able to roam around the game world as normal.

however, once i attempt to enter into a battle with a party on the map (Looters etc), Walk around the streets of any town village or castle then my game will enter the loading screen, the audio will cut out and then i will crash to desk top with no crash log or anything its as if my PC just shuts the game down. The same happens if i attempt to join any multiplayer maps or game modes as the scene just causes my game to exit to desktop with no crash log.

I've attempted every fix i can possibly think of as stated above and am hoping to perhaps get some answers from this thread as the game is quite literally unplayable to me now with this issue only becoming so since i made this thread last year and has left me really confused. Clean install of my whole PC hasn't seemed to have sorted the issue so i'm at a loss.

Bannerlord appears to be the only game this happens with, i have no issues with any other games aside from this one and cant seem to fix it. Im really hoping someone will be able to relate to my issue and perhaps have a fix as i'm all out of ideas. (And no i dont have a crash log to provide as my game doesn't seems to give me one after this happens...)

Thank you in advance for any advice / Fixes you could provide

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom