Need More Info Game crashes every 15 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9.38256
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: The game is crashing (freezing the entire computer requiring hard reboot) consistently. I've not timed to see if it is a recurring thing exactly, but it seems to be every 15 or so minutes and more likely when in cities and particularly when entering the trading screen. At this point the game is completely unplayable for me.

I've followed the guides online, verified the integrity of game files, tried to update drivers, ensured the game is excluded from antivirus, and done a complete re-install of the game but nothing has solved the problem so far.

How to Reproduce: Unknown - the game has been unstable in the past but I've been able to play 95 hours so far, after a period of not playing I've come back and recurring crashes started happening.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.2756
CPU: Intel i9-10900K 3.7GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: TUF GAMING B640M-PLUS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

To help you further and continue our investigation oF the reported issue, we need the crash report identifier. You should see a pop-up window when the game is crashed. Please follow the instructions there to complete the upload and get the crash report identifier. It will be copied to your clipboard automatically. You can find more info about the crash report identifier here. Have you tried the workarounds for common crashes detailed here? Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I'm afraid I can't get a crash report identifier as it's not just the game that's crashing by the whole PC, either freezing & needing a hard reboot or blue-screening. Are there any game crash logs dumped as standard?

I've tried the suggestions on the linked post, the only thing that needed updating was the .NET framework but that hasn't solved it unfortunately. I've also done a clean install to no avail.

Looking at the minidumps and crashdumps from the PC, it doesn't look like there's a singular cause. I've had mild success lasting longer than 15 minutes which is good at least (~30 mins). One potential influence might be armourcrate from ASUS which I think was just making my system unstable in general but in the other 2 crashes from today that I've got files for, it seems to be directX and .NET, so I'm not sure if it's perhaps some game instability too.

Back
Top Bottom