Resolved game crashes e1.4.3 (on version 1.4.2 everything works)

Users who are viewing this thread

Have you installed a mod called Fixed Launcher? If so please remove it and try again. There are some reports from the forums that some players have experienced the same shader issue and it got resolved after they removed that modification.
But, we are aware of the Shader issue and currently, our engine team is investigating this issue on our end as well.
I've never istalled a single mod. I've played the game since EA released, more than 300 hours with only few random crash. After 1.4.3 and refactoring, it just crash after char creation, or after contrast or brightness settings selected if I choose to launch the game in safe mode

Can users in this thread confirm, is everyone seeing this error before the game crashes?

Not the error i am getting. When the game crashes, there is no specific error displayed. (talking about the crash after exposure setting or after character creation)

I am having the same crash right after character selection / before entering campaign. It happened the day after the patch so did not worry too much, but 10 days later it still crashes. I can't upload the log files on the link provided (upload.taleworlds.com) it says "upload aborted" the moment i hit the button.

I had some mods on 1.4.2, it worked well. Desactivated the mods before lauching the 1.4.3.

Version: e1.4.3
Installed community changes: none
computer specifications:
GPU: HD 7950
Processor: i5 4570
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte H87-HD3
Storage Device (HDD / SSD): hdd

Did the "delete launcher.xml", did not work.

Last edited:
Just as others, I don't get the shader error, only a crash after character creation (and visual calibration after I tried reinstalling the entire game and removed the settings file as well).
Wish we could just somehow upvote someone elses post to agree, cause we're just spamming the topic with similar massages to confirm at this point.

And for people experiencing this issue, can they try again after deleting their "C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\LauncherData.xml" file and report back if the issue still persists or not?
Deleted the launcherdata, ran the game. crashed 2020-08-13_14.44.22_7974d4d63f4da267cb74d3589d44de0c, 2020-08-13_15.22.54_7974d4d63f4da267cb74d3586d44de0c
summary: Game crashes when its ran or if new game is started, custom battle, saved opened
How to Reproduce
: upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and open game
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, * logical Pro
RAM: 32.0 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): wdc wd1002faex-00z3a0

LaucherData File before I delete it
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<UserData xmlns:mad:sd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:mad:si="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<GameType>Singleplayer</GameType>
<SingleplayerData>
<ModDatas>
<UserModData>
<Id>Native</Id>
<IsSelected>true</IsSelected>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>SandBoxCore</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>CustomBattle</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>Sandbox</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>StoryMode</Id>
</UserModData>
</ModDatas>
</SingleplayerData>
<MultiplayerData>
<ModDatas>
<UserModData>
<Id>Native</Id>
</UserModData>
</ModDatas>
</MultiplayerData>
</UserData>

New LauncherData

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<UserData xmlns:mad:sd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:mad:si="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<GameType>Singleplayer</GameType>
<SingleplayerData>
<ModDatas>
<UserModData>
<Id>Native</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>SandBoxCore</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>CustomBattle</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>Sandbox</Id>
</UserModData>
<UserModData>
<Id>StoryMode</Id>
</UserModData>
</ModDatas>
</SingleplayerData>
<MultiplayerData>
<ModDatas />
</MultiplayerData>
</UserData>

Last edited:
Guess I should post in here.
GPU: Nvidia GTX Gefore 1080
CPU: i7-6700K CPU 4GHz (8 CPUs)
RAM: 16gb
Edit: I've never used any mods and I've tried multiple clean installations. I even saw someone suggesting running it as admin: this didn't help either.
1.4.2 still works splendidly. However 1.4.3 just crashes when I try to start a new game. I can get through character creation but as soon as i pick my difficulties and enter the loading screen it crashes.

Same crash as most of the people here, and the 20 other threads about the new campaign/save game crash. Tried all the fixes mentioned with no luck. Not seeing the shader error. Just a hard crash after character creation if starting a new game or trying to access the saved games screen.

GPU: 1080ti
Processor: 7600k
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: MSI Z270
Storage Device (HDD / SSD): ssd

Version: e1.4.3
Installed community changes: none
computer specifications:
GPU: xfx 280x
Processor: i5 4690k
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard: z97 pro gamer
Storage Device (HDD / SSD): ssd

still getting crash after today's hotfix

Can users in this thread confirm, is everyone seeing this error before the game crashes?

I am not seeing that error.
This is all that pops up when the game crashes
xFGujTl.png

After that it goes to the standard windows crash popup. I've slightly edited it to show the entire problem details section.
9858c2j.png

Today's hotfix fixed it! I am no longer getting a crash after character creation. The game properly loaded the tutorial, and the campaign map. Nice!

HALLELUJAH, IT WORKS!
My thanks to the Engine team and the rest of the TaleWorlds folks as well.
It's a great day for me and a very bad day to be a looter.

It is a very bad day :sad:

But Bannerlord works now! Had to reinstall but the issues that I was having like others in the thread is resolved now with a fresh install after the hotfix. Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom