Resolved game crashes e1.4.3 (on version 1.4.2 everything works)

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Game crashes when its ran or if new game is started, custom battle, saved opened
How to Reproduce
: upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and open game
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.4.3
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, * logical Pro
RAM: 32.0 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): wdc wd1002faex-00z3a0

@Injdk your solution worked. had to start the game in safe mode to get it to work, but it worked. thank you

I have the same problem. At first I thought it was because I transfered the entire game from my win 10 laptop to my win 7 pc via ethernet, I have been struggling trying to fix this to no avail. I am glad this is atleast not because of the aforementioned transfer and is because of the beta patch. I just hope the next hotfix for this wont be another 8 gbs because this pc has really bad internet.

edit: using intel btw

Last edited:
I would like to share my experience with this "bug" and the steps I took to fix it, and hopefully it might help some of you to get back in the game.

A couple month ago I "broke" the game by accidentally making all the .sav files to opened by Notepad. Immediately after this I wasn't able to start a new game or click on saved games option in the menu as the game would crash. I've tried everything: unassigned default program(Notepad) to open .sav files in Windows; restored Windows to last checkpoint; verified files via Steam; uninstalled and reinstalled both Steam and BannerLord. Yet, the game still would not work. After that, I copied my saved games in this folder "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord " and stored them in a safe place and deleted all the contents in the above mentioned folder. By default I had Steam Cloud Synchronization ON for this game and I noticed that it would restore all the deleted files right away including my saved games folder. So, I disabled Steam Cloud for Bannerlord

, again deleted all the content in the above mentioned folder, and I was able to start a new game and to make a new save. Then I returned my saved games back in the folder and everything was working flawlessly after that. I can't promise that this is a 100% solution, but disabling Steam Cloud definitely worked for me.

Hopefully this will help someone. GL

Summary: Game crashes when its ran or if new game is started, custom battle, saved opened
How to Reproduce
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, * logical Pro
RAM: 32.0 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): wdc wd1002faex-00z3a0

@Injdk your solution worked. had to start the game in safe mode to get it to work, but it worked. thank you

Everyone who has had this issue has an Intel processor. I haven't had this issue and have AMD. Has anyone with an AMD processor had the issue?

Everyone who has had this issue has an Intel processor. I haven't had this issue and have AMD. Has anyone with an AMD processor had the issue?
Interesting! I failed to see this, I have checked the other thread on this and also there are all CPUs from Intel. This is first link I see among all the cases..

same problem as everyone in this topic
crash on these conditions:
custom Battle, entering Campaign after Character creation, and attempting to change the Exposure setting from the Options menu.

Summary: Game crashes when its ran or if new game is started, custom battle, saved opened, opening exposure setings in options
How to Reproduce
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 4GHz,
RAM: 16.0 GB DDR 3 2400MHz
Motherboard: MSI gaming 5 z97
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Kingston Hyperx 480gb Ssd Sata 3

Disabling Steam Cloud did not work for me
Deleting Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder in my documents did not work ( it crashes even sooner as exposure settings are picked at start)
Verify Integrity of Game Files on steam did not work also
Reinstalling did not work

edit:
in crash report geting a LOT of errors like :
invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)
invalid particle system under entity(sparks)
invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_0) up to invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_17)

Last edited:
Well i hope it have top priority cause this is really a bug they can't let go to the stable branch. It's not something only a couple of people do have but it's really a wide spread issue ...
I really hope they work hard on this one cause this is the kind of bug that typically can make a version rollback ...

2 weeks and no info on the problem. Looks like it won't be fixed this week.

Feels great having a game you can't play.

yeah... i have no motivation to play 1.4.2 since the most important change for me is the experience system rework in 1.4.3
It is so DULL on 1.4.2 and looks so awesome on 1.4.3 since u wont hit brick wall with skills on lvl 14-16 (and exp sharing to all troops is cool too )
so the game is on HOLD at the moment

I made some changes for reasons unrelated to bannerlord 1.4.3 not launching and now is not crashing anymore on character creation/exposure view/saves with previous saves. Custom battle crash upon loading the battlefield:

new specs:
GPU: AMD RX580
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (same as before)

old specs:
GPU: AMD R9 270x, upgraded to RX580 (both had crash issues)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

edit: custom battle now goes through the UI and everything but crashes while loading the battle.

Last edited:
I made some changes for reasons unrelated to bannerlord 1.4.3 not launching and now is not crashing anymore on character creation/exposure view/saves with previous saves. Custom battle crash upon loading the battlefield:

new specs:
GPU: AMD RX580
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD (same as before)

old specs:
GPU: AMD R9 270x, upgraded to RX580 (both had crash issues)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

edit: custom battle now goes through the UI and everything but crashes while loading the battle.

So in order to play at patch 1.4.3 atm u did change the CPU / Motherboard ( looking at the specs jumping from DDR3 to DDR4 ) / OS ( from win 7 to win 10 ) daaaaamn
Well some guys reported upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 did fix the issue ( sadly i don't remember if the guy posted on forums / reddit or on steam )
Makes me wonder if reinstalling Windows 7 would fix it but.... i don't want to spend whole day setting it to the way i got it now, after reinstall
I would appreciate some update on this issue from the devs

I'm merely speculating here but by seeing the many errors in the logs might be something related to dx12, these errors are mostly particles loaded from gpu. When i upgraded from r9 270x to rx580 i had the same issues as before, after OS change to win10 with the same rx580 it works.

Maybe the refactoring moved a parts of the code to dx12 instead of dx10/11 as before? I ask because 1.4.2 worked perfectly before and doesn't have code refactoring as far as i know.

My game started working once i disabled all the mods and verified the files. Even my modded save games(without the mods enabled) are working now.

Back
Top Bottom