Game crashes: Better or Worse since Official Launch?

Do you find the game has been more or less stable since official launch?

• More stable

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Less stable

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • The same

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,
I've been plagued with frequent crashes since the official launch. In my recent post in the support forum, I was told it was the Mods. Then went through the usual steps to isolate the culprit with no success. Fresh install, no Mods and the game crashed again with any version from 1.7.1 to 1.0.2.

My PC is a decent gaming platform with i5-11600K, 64 Gb RAM, 1000 W PSU, Samsung 980 Pro and an Asus ROG Strix z590-E Gaming Wifi.
Most of my crashes did not result in a Crash report (BetterException or ButterLib), just the generic "The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary...etc". Some of the crashes did not provide any generic reports and the game shut down and CTD's and a few times BSOD's! All this happened with or without Mods.

Every time TW released an update, many Modders were on top of it and released updated versions of their Mods often within a few days of the TW update. People who don't really have a major monetary incentive, only a passion for this game. It's sad to see game developpers with a major monetary incentive not really giving a rat's @$$ about major issues that the players who paid money for the game have been reporting/complaining about go "ignored".

For me it's the same. Since release I had two ctds, one caused by a mod, one I could not allocate. With the about 20 mods which form my normal load now the game is very stable. One of the most stable games I ever played.

I couldnt really say, since i use 70+ mods since 2020, but as far as I see, it seems as stable as it was right before release, and i only got the odd crash with some particular mods and updates. Im still at 1.0.1, though

Fresh install, no Mods and the game crashed again with any version from 1.7.1 to 1.0.2.
Irrelevant to me. Because if I play this, there will be mods, I don't play vanilla game.

If the vanilla game would include those features I need from mods (that's what I would prefer), then how stable the vanilla game is, would be a relevant question for me.

Now game crashes continuosly (maybe cost of mods, maybe not), it's a freaking pain.

i'm playing 1.0.2 with basics mods (diplomacy, kaoses tweaks) and game crashed only when i get new clan to my kingdom (6'th or 7'th) - after barter screen when move, so i save it before move and play after restarting a game as ussual

Definitely less crashes then EA release; if it's not the mods (most likely culprit), it's your save file. As older saves from earlier versions can mess it up, even if they were 'compatible' in the more recent updates.
Crashes still happen but very rare, not as bad as it was where nearly every battle/siege/town exit/etc.. had a high% to crash before.

Based on what we can see, the amount of crashes has been significantly reduced by the various post-release patches - across all platforms. At this point the most significant improvements will likely come from further memory optimizations (at least for older systems). Of course, new updates (especially with more widespread content changes) may yield new stability challenges as well - so this assessment is going off of 1.0.3.

There are fewer server crashes because there are fewer servers being used lol. Can't crash if you can't even access the lobby xD

There are fewer server crashes because there are fewer servers being used lol. Can't crash if you can't even access the lobby xD
The above is corrected for sessions & session length, ccu, etc. but tbf I am more familiar with the SP side.

Generally, we focus on the crashes that have the highest (native) counts.

Back
Top Bottom