Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2020-12-28_08.10.38_a8e16e16ebfb0562260823c2bbbaf8e7
I have bought the game but I cannot seem to play it. The game crashes during the loading screen when I click play and it says " The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?". I have tried updating drivers and OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and all other possible solutions but nothing has worked. I have not downloaded any mods as this is my first time playing this game.

Error reference: 2020-12-28_08.10.38_a8e16e16ebfb0562260823c2bbbaf8e7

Summary: Cannot play the game as it crashes on launch.
How to Reproduce: Click play.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 460.89 (GeForce)
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Hard drive Model: ST1000DM010-2EP102 SSD Model: WDC WDS250G2B0B (I use the hard drive)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought the game but I cannot seem to play it. The game crashes during the loading screen when I click play and it says " The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?". I have tried updating drivers and OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and all other possible solutions but nothing has worked. I have not downloaded any mods as this is my first time playing this game.

Error reference: 2020-12-28_08.10.38_a8e16e16ebfb0562260823c2bbbaf8e7
Try deleting the entire contents of the Mount Blade 2: Bannerlord folder in my documents. But be aware of the fact that you'll get the settings messed up and the previously saved games will be deleted. Also, just in case, after this manipulation, check the cache of your game via steam. If the game prompts you to start in safe mode, click "yes".

Tried changing to beta 1.5.6. Still no luck.

Summary: Cannot play the game as it crashes on launch.
How to Reproduce: Click play.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 460.89 (GeForce)
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Hard drive Model: ST1000DM010-2EP102 SSD Model: WDC WDS250G2B0B (I use the hard drive)

Hi! Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. I will update this thread when I hear back from them. In the meantime, you may want to take a look at the steps here about possible crash and launching problems. Thanks!

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

Back
Top Bottom