Resolved Game crashes after a while freezing the PC part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Referencing my original thread about crashing (found here). The same situation but THIS TIME I managed to make it actually create the crash files even though I wasn't able to upload them using the specific uploader, which is why I can't provide a Dump identifier.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver version 461.72 (02/25/2021)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Anniversary
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

So this time, after the graphics card crash (or at least it appears to be that), even though my screen was all grey and I couldn't see anything, I figured there'd be a box asking for confirmation to compile the crash file that I previously hadn't been able to produce, so I decided to just hit enter and 'Y' and 'O' and it worked. Once I had force restarted my PC by holding down the power button I checked the 'C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord' folder and finally saw the 'crashes' folder and there are files inside. Where should I upload these? Is it ok if I just upload everything inside the 'crashes' folder to upload.taleworlds.com?

Summary: Referencing my original thread about crashing (found here). The same situation but THIS TIME I managed to make it actually create the crash files even though I wasn't able to upload them using the specific uploader, which is why I can't provide a Dump identifier.

Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver version 461.72 (02/25/2021)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASRock B85 Anniversary
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

So this time, after the graphics card crash (or at least it appears to be that), even though my screen was all grey and I couldn't see anything, I figured there'd be a box asking for confirmation to compile the crash file that I previously hadn't been able to produce, so I decided to just hit enter and 'Y' and 'O' and it worked. Once I had force restarted my PC by holding down the power button I checked the 'C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord' folder and finally saw the 'crashes' folder and there are files inside. Where should I upload these? Is it ok if I just upload everything inside the 'crashes' folder to upload.taleworlds.com?
You don't need to do everything in the crashes folder. Zip the newest folder in the crashes folder and upload it to upload.taleworlds.com.
Make sure to put your username and a link to this thread in the box.

UPDATE: I ended up doing a clean reinstall of my graphics drivers and that helped for two days, didn't encounter any crashes no matter how long I was playing but today about 5 minutes ago I again encountered the same crash although instead of a gray screen it was olive green. I did the blind accept of creating the crash dump again and this time there were quite a few more files inside the newest crash folder (I believe one of the files is the save file too so I think that'll be helpful). I compressed them all into a .rar file and uploaded it to upload.taleworlds.com and attached my username and a link to this thread.

UPDATE: Ok, so I decided to upgrade my old PSU from 500 to a 600W but unfortunately this didn't resolve the issue. A couple of days after this my GPU just flat out died so I guess we might know what the problem was. So, I ended up getting a new GPU (not a simple matter these days with the global shortage of semiconductors and what not, let me tell ya) and so far it looks like that has solved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom