Need More Info game crashes 100% everytime after daily gold change making the game unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

n0rz

Recruit
Summary: the game crashes everytime after a daily gold change, just freezes and crashes everytime,
How to Reproduce
: Wandering around map or even just waiting until the daily gold change comes.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.0.6
Computer Specs
:
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-P
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB HDD

EDIT : Still happening with 1.0.9, starting to think that the developers don't even acknowledge this problem yet.
a response from community support would be thankful at least.

FINAL EDIT: Crash has been fixed in the new update(1.1.0) for the steam branch people.

Last edited:
I have had this issue on two separate saves. The first was from launch, and was brought through to patch 1.0.3 before I gave up and started a new game. The new save, by Spring 5, 1086, consistently crashes upon Daily Gold Change, regardless of what I do.

I have made the launcher and .exe admin, made steam run as admin, I have verified game files, uninstalled, updated windows, updated drivers, and all sorts of commands for System File Check and Check Disk and all sorts of stuff to try to get it to work, to no success.

I gave up entirely and reinstalled WINDOWS, fresh, no apps or files saved, brand new. I installed updates, drivers, and other prerequisites for Bannerlord and my systems' proper functioning, and freshly installed bannerlord, 1.0.5, and loaded my latest save from the steam cloud. It continues to crash, even post 1.0.6 patch.

Normally, I'd try a second save but I already did that so I'm not going to progress a further 12-18 hours to encounter this crashing again on a new save and have to wait again for a patch.

I haven't seen any acknowledgement of this crash either, so we may be out of luck for a while.

Edited for Spelling and to add specs for comparison if helpful:

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700k CPU @ 5.1GHz
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: ASUS Z370-E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB Samsung NVME m.2 SSD, + 4TB Seagate SSHD + 500GB Intel SATA SSD +1TB Western Digital HDD

Same problem here. Mid-game crash on campaign map when daily revenue is received. I tried three saves and all have the same problem.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700k
RAM: 16GB

It's reassuring to hear that other people are having the same problem that has been troubling me since launch; hopefully this results in a swift patching process.

I updated to 1.0.7, partook in a tournament, waited until spring 5, 1086, game crashed after western empire fell and daily gold change occurred.

1.0.8 still did not fix it for me, do the developers know about this issue at all?

I posted a duplicate thread on this, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-when-paying-salary-to-troops.410745/, but I figured it is better to post here:

Summary: On my campaign-save, there is a consistent crash when paying salaries. I hear the "rumbling coins" sound, see the salary that I paid to my troops and at that instant it freezes for 10seconds or so, and then crashes. It's no longer possible to progress because the crash occurs without exception.
How to Reproduce: Load my campaing-save. Stay in the campaign map for about one in-game day. Bannerlord will then freeze and finally crash.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Version: e1.0.8
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
CPU: Intel Core i5 6500
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI B150M NIGHT ELF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

The save file has been uploaded with the TWCrashUploader as crashes\2020-04-09_12.38.18\save_003.sav

I have linked to this thread in the Crash Description section of the TWCrashUploader report. I linked to my original thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-when-paying-salary-to-troops.410745/ in the crash report.

Safe mode does not help.

The date is Summer 9, 1087.

Just before the crash occurs I have the following quests active:
* Landlord needs access to the Mijayit commons (0 day)
* Bandit Base Near Qednar (5 days)
* Train troops for Lazif of Deir Hawa (19 days)
* Assemble the Dragon Banner
* Find another piece of the banner for Istiana
* Find another piece of the banner for Arzagos

I can provide more information should it be necessary, I'm happy to help :smile:

I only have one quest to defeat one of the empires, i have never accepted a non-story quest on this save, so it isn't side-quest related
That's good to know, I thought it could be due to my quest Landlord needs access to the Mijayit commons running out of time, but it's not that then..

Do you guys have any caravans? I have two. Anyone experiencing this crash without having a caravan?

I have no caravans
In fact, I tested it where I sold all my workshops, removed all prisoners, party members and companions, left my kingdom, and bought and sold until I had NO income or expenses, and NO gold in reserve.
I did NOT create any caravan in this particular save because I was focusing on workshops first, and planning to install party members in other ways.

My first save did make use of caravans, but it isn't an issue related to caravans based on my testing. Honestly, I'm not even certain it is because of income or gold change, it just occurs when daily gold change occurs, in my experience.

I have had this issue too. In both my saves i get about 40 hours in and it crashes on the daily gold change. One in the year 1093 and the other 1092. this is a massive pain because I've sunk 80+ hours into this game and cant even play it anymore while stuck in self isolation. i did think it was due to the loot i was carrying (30k worth of inventory space out of 70k ) or having 5mil gold or 300 troops but reading other posts on this thread clearly shows it just the game that's broken. I'm glad to see others with this issue through, its good to know i'm not alone. The only quest I have active is the conspiracy quests, which I don't understand why they're active as in my saves all 3 empires have fallen. I really hope this gets patched soon as i have been reporting it since patch 1.0.4.

Same thing here. I narrowed mine down to the Conspiracy Quest. Looking through Old Quests, it looks like it activates every 20ish days. Last time it activated for me was 18 days ago and once two days pass, mine crashes right when you hear the gold sound. Also, if I activate the quest from the console, my game immediately crashes. Not sure how to get passed it, since it's not currently an active quest but crashes when it becomes active.

Still happening with 1.0.10, its already been almost 2 weeks that i cannot play the game at all, this issue isn't even in the "known crashes" section.

any acknowledgement from Community Support???

Yeah still crashes on Daily Gold Change and the fact that it's not in the "known crashes" section is insane even though so many have reported it. Mine seemed to start happened after I bought a Caravan. I don't know if it's just a coincidence

Seems to be unrelated to caravans, my save crashes on daily gold change and I have never had a caravan or accepted a non-story quest

Edit: Spelling

Some crashes that are (possibly) the same crash as this thread are marked as In Progress, so I have my hopes up. But I agree that this should be listed in the set of known bugs - that would reduce forum duplicate pollution and also make us more happy since we then know for sure that devs are in the very least aware of the issue (which I still believe they are, see my post above where I link to two threads)

Back
Top Bottom