Resolved Game crash when switching to companion in inventory or trade menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-06-21_15.39.20_83bcbef4bc02c0de1d5b449772638314

kd8106

Recruit
Summary:
I'm crashing when I try to switch to a companion in either my inventory or the trade menu. Pressing either the back, or forward arrow to view (any) companion's equipment is what is triggering the crash. While I use mods, I haven't added or removed any new ones, and this problem is a new one for me. I've always been able to view my companion's equipment without any issue until now. I play on e1.5.9.

For context, I just finished joining a ~1000v1000 battle as a merc, and looted a bunch of stuff. I was able to switch between companions and edit their loadout in the loot menu. I was also able to switch between companions in the first town I stopped in to sell stuff while also updating their equipment. After that, I am not able to view my companions loadouts before crashing anymore.

I tried going back to an earlier save, and I was able to switch between companions in the inventory menu ONCE, but after that, it crashes again when I switch from my character to a companion in the inventory. Now when I reload the save, it crashes on the first attempt.

Please help! I've put quite some time into this campaign. I really don't want to have to start over as I'm liking my progression and how things are playing out.
Anyone have any ideas?

This user appears to be having the exact same issue I am having. I use the same mod too.

Thanks in advance.

How to Reproduce: Go into either inventory or trade menu, and attempt to switch from Player Character to any companion. Both backwards and forwards crashes.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I use the Bannerlord Cheats mod which can be used through the mod menu under options. The only "cheat" or "edit" I use is to raise my party's companion limit to +4 of the original value. No other cheats.
Scene Name (if related): Not sure what this means?
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 466.77
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: ASUSTek FA506IV
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Summary:
I'm crashing when I try to switch to a companion in either my inventory or the trade menu. Pressing either the back, or forward arrow to view (any) companion's equipment is what is triggering the crash. While I use mods, I haven't added or removed any new ones, and this problem is a new one for me. I've always been able to view my companion's equipment without any issue until now. I play on e1.5.9.

For context, I just finished joining a ~1000v1000 battle as a merc, and looted a bunch of stuff. I was able to switch between companions and edit their loadout in the loot menu. I was also able to switch between companions in the first town I stopped in to sell stuff while also updating their equipment. After that, I am not able to view my companions loadouts before crashing anymore.

I tried going back to an earlier save, and I was able to switch between companions in the inventory menu ONCE, but after that, it crashes again when I switch from my character to a companion in the inventory. Now when I reload the save, it crashes on the first attempt.

Please help! I've put quite some time into this campaign. I really don't want to have to start over as I'm liking my progression and how things are playing out.
Anyone have any ideas?

This user appears to be having the exact same issue I am having. I use the same mod too.

Thanks in advance.

How to Reproduce: Go into either inventory or trade menu, and attempt to switch from Player Character to any companion. Both backwards and forwards crashes.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I use the Bannerlord Cheats mod which can be used through the mod menu under options. The only "cheat" or "edit" I use is to raise my party's companion limit to +4 of the original value. No other cheats.
Scene Name (if related): Not sure what this means?
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 466.77
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: ASUSTek FA506IV
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD
You'll probably have better chance of getting an answer if you post it here. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/535?tab=bugs

You'll probably have better chance of getting an answer if you post it here. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/535?tab=bugs
Thanks. I haven't bothered to take a proper look into that mod's discussion. It does look likely it's this mod that's causing my crashes. I'll try what I can, when I can, then update the thread so the devs hopefully don't waste time.

I don't have any crash logs in that mod's folder however, so there is still a chance it's something else, but judging from what other people have posted, it probably is.

A follow up question to find a solution for my crashes. If anyone knows how to edit a companions equipment outside of the inventory/trade/loot menus, please let me know how!

EDIT - It was most definitely the LootEveryone mod. I couldn't find a way to remove equipment off my companion without going into the inventory/trade screen so I just reloaded my save. Sorry about the post :roll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom