Resolved [Game Crash] When suppressing amount of money with backspace during barter

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.4.250792
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hi,

After a siege battle the game crash when I barter with anyone of the party leader within my army. If when I barter I propose an amount of money then suppress the amount using backspace hotkey the game crash if I have already put something to obtain (e.g. horses) or if I have not already asked something when I select an item to obtain.

I uploaded the save on this link with the name "Crash when barter.sav" :

Thanks to the team, keep go on !

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: GeForce 460.89
CPU: Intel core i7
RAM: DDR3 32Go
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD HGST HTS 721010A9E630

Hi! Can you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? Also, I cannot reach the save file you have sent. Could you please upload your save file again to upload.taleworlds.com? Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it better. Thanks in advance!

I got the save file, thanks! For the crash dump, could you please try to reproduce the crash and post the ID here? After that, a pop-up should appear to send us the necessary files. Clicking yes on that, the crash uploader will show up, and after clicking "Send Dump", an ID is generated that you can take a screenshot of it.

You're welcome, I can reproduce the crash as many as I want but the pop-up don't appear : screen freeze and nothing more. I've looked for dump or crash file in my folders but I found nothing. I've already used the crash uploader once so I know it but here it's looks like if the crash is not detected.

In order to help I have recorded two crashs in the following videos where it happens at 18 seconds :

Let me know if you need anything else.

My pleasure. For information this bug is not related only to after a siege battle but also to other barter situations : I seen it during barter for vassalization too. ?

You're welcome, I can reproduce the crash as many as I want but the pop-up don't appear : screen freeze and nothing more. I've looked for dump or crash file in my folders but I found nothing. I've already used the crash uploader once so I know it but here it's looks like if the crash is not detected.
Are you still experiencing this problem in the current build? If so, could you please upload a video of the crash to upload.taleworlds.com?
I don't think it's a crash. I think it gets stuck at an infinite loop probably caused by event handlers of the amount control and the slider below it. It locks the current frame.
I created a simple winform app to test it. Simply added an infinite loop to a button click event. After clicking gui freezes, app status goes "not responding" and cpu usage spikes.
@Oedip Yo can test it too. Start bannerlord in windowed mode. Open task manager set the "Always on top" in the settings (or preferences, mine is in Turkish language ). Try doing that stuff. Check the app in the task manager. It should cause a spike in the CPU usage and app goes "not responding" after a while (in a couple seconds).

As the required information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as resolved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom