In Progress Game crash when pressing "done" after battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I've had this crash 4 times now and done things inbetween, changed my army, etc.

After a battle, even one generated by a quest, after I've chosen my loot and press "done", the game freezes and then crashes.

Haven't been able to finish a battle since the crash started happening.

Same, whenever I press done in the trade window or inventory screen the game freezes and crashes.

I started a new game and it went away but started up again.

Possible reason: I noticed that in each of my games I started the crashes begin when you reach clan tier 1. Not sure if thats the reason, just something I noticed.

Same, whenever I press done in the trade window or inventory screen the game freezes and crashes.

I started a new game and it went away but started up again.

Possible reason: I noticed that in each of my games I started the crashes begin when you reach clan tier 1. Not sure if thats the reason, just something I noticed.

Not here, got it aswell but way after getting clan tier 1.

Solution : So apparently it happens if you have the quest “get x number of weapons”. Let it run out and you should be good.

Last edited:
Thank you Platinum, very cool!
So i'm in the same boat as you guys, i'm crashing with that issue and i have the quest. NOW. The problem is i need to wait around for 19 days for the quest to run out, and i dont have 19 days worth of food, AND i can't buy food because i'll crash! So what do i do, lose the savegame i've already used 15 hours on, lose all my men and morale, or is there some way to abandon quests?

So i'm in the same boat as you guys, i'm crashing with that issue and i have the quest. NOW. The problem is i need to wait around for 19 days for the quest to run out, and i dont have 19 days worth of food, AND i can't buy food because i'll crash! So what do i do, lose the savegame i've already used 15 hours on, lose all my men and morale, or is there some way to abandon quests?
Not sure, you can try to talk to the quest giver and cancel the quest. However, I do remember in Warband they would just tell you to try to complete it anyways and there was no option to cancel.

Reddit post Someone here says it is due to the "gang leader needs weapons" quest. I at least have that quest and the glitch started happening after accepting this quest. Im just gonna have to wait in a castle until quest timer runs out.

Same type of crash I was having, I have the quest gang leader needs weapons and will update the form after the quest time runs off to see if it fixes it. Edit: This fixed the problem for me thanks such a organized form.

Last edited:
Thank you, PlatinumPoptart, I do have that quest ongoing at the moment, I'll see if I can let it run out.

Try to edit your original postfrom UNSOLVED to SOLVED for now. Also, edit the post and put the solution in because more people keep posting in this thread without seeing the solution, please.

Hi, thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience. I've informed the developers about this issue and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Same since new Patch 1.07...

Edit:
The game does not crash when I fight alone. But when I fight with my army (my clan members) it crashes.

Edit:
The same happens if I attack and win an opponent alone (not as an army) with my other party or if I help a party

Last edited:
Hi, I see this issue is in progress in several threads... I've been following it for a while as I have it too.
Except I never took on the Gang leader needs weapons quest. And on one of the first versions of the game (1 something), I managed to go very far without any problems. Now I'm on v 1.2.1 (rolled back from update to 1.3 because of mods that didn't work and I didn't want to lose my save)
=> For me it occured shortly after I started crafting lots of weapons, which I did not do at all the first time I played. So since the weapons quest also seems to trigger this, I figure it mght have something to do with some specific / custom inventory items... Although, at some point I just played for a short time without fighting, and the problem disappeared for a couple of days, while still having crafted items in my inventory. So I'm not convinced crafted items is the trigger.

Does anyone have any updates on their side please ? Does v1 3 fixes this ?

Back
Top Bottom