Game crash in large battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Everyone,
So right to the point, my problem is that when I'm in the middle of any large battles, the game always crash without any reason, may it be siege battle or field battle it doesn't matter, in some point without any explanation it crash, and only during long battle, not with smaller bandits parties.
Now my computer should not have such problems cause it overpass largely the raccomanded sistem requirements (i7 10750h, RTX 3070 Laptop 130W, 32Gb Ram, SSD), so i don't think it's a problem related to graphics, but anyway I will tell you that I played it with High-Very High settings if it may be usefull, (and I have tried even lowering the graphics to medium but the same problem happened). The battle size is obviosly 1000 man, if that may be the problem too (anyway I'm searching a solution that will let me play with this battle size cause I love to see 1000 man crushing one over the other).
I have some mods enabled, all update for the latest version 1.6.2-1.6.1, that´s my mod list in the actual lod order:
-Harmony
-ButterLib
-UiExtenderEx
-Mod Configuration Menu V4
-All Vanilla Module
-Kasoes Tweaks
-Realistic Battle AI (1.6.1 version)
-Realistic Batte Combat (1.6.1 version)
-Adonay's Troop Changer
-Blood **** And Iron (all modules related to the troops overhaul)
-Character Reload

The game version I play is e1.6.1.280285

Help me pls find a solution.

Have you tried to disable mods and see if you still crash? It may be related to the Realistic Battle mod, because as far as I know that is the only mod of those you have that should affect battles.

I noticed It happened when I go into melee fight, always when i go into melee fight, the computer doesn't have problem at all loading all 1000 soldiers into battle and moving them, it has a costant good frame rate, but when in a go in melee for some reason (espacially in point with a lot of soldier it freeze and immiedatly the crash report shows up, but it tells me nothing always, it tells me only intercepted an exception!.

No Modules involved

The Exception is this if this of some help

Exception information
Type: System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Source: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade
CallStack:
  1. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Formation.CalculateFormationClass()
  2. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Formation.AddUnit(Agent unit)
  3. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Agent.set_Formation(Formation value)
  4. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.SpawnAgent(AgentBuildData agentBuildData, Boolean spawnFromAgentVisuals, Int32 formationTroopCount)
  5. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.SpawnTroop(IAgentOriginBase troopOrigin, Boolean isPlayerSide, Boolean hasFormation, Boolean spawnWithHorse, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint, Int32 formationTroopCount, Int32 formationTroopIndex, Boolean isAlarmed, Boolean wieldInitialWeapons, Boolean forceDismounted, String specialActionSet, Nullable`1 initFrame)
  6. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.MissionSide.SpawnTroops(Int32 number, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint)
  7. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.BattleSizeSpawnTick()
  8. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.OnTick(Single dt, Single realDt, Boolean updateCamera)
  9. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.TickMission(Single realDt)
  10. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.OnTick(Single realDt)
  11. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
  12. at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
  13. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
  14. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick(Single dt)
  15. at TaleWorlds.DotNet.Managed.ApplicationTick_Patch1(Single dt)

If you need the assemblies or harmony patches i will upload them too

Anyway thanks for helping me

let me explain better not always in melee, cause i can kill some enemies move troops charge with the cavalry and do the other stuff, but at some point, randomly, only when i'm fighting in melee it frezee and crash with the crash report, i'm not understanding how or why, cause in the same battle one minute before I charged in with the cavalry and killed some enemies and nothing happened, all good, but after a bit, after changing troop position and etc., doing the same identical thing, (charging and killing enemies), frezee the game and it crash, i'm not explaining how.

Sorry if I'm not really understandable, english is not my first language, i'm trying my best to let you understand my problem.

Tried without any mod, same problem (always when i was going in melee) I don´t know what is causing it really, any advice?

You can't really report this as a bug, since you have a modded playthrough, otherwise I would have suggested you to do that. Your next step should be to lower the battle size. If that doesn't work, try to start a new fresh game entirely without mods and see if it has the same problem. You can use cheats to advance that game to a position where you were before, so that you can engage in large battles directly.

You can't really report this as a bug, since you have a modded playthrough, otherwise I would have suggested you to do that. Your next step should be to lower the battle size. If that doesn't work, try to start a new fresh game entirely without mods and see if it has the same problem. You can use cheats to advance that game to a position where you were before, so that you can engage in large battles directly.
To try the battle thing I have disabled all the mod I made a custom battle of 1000 man size, becuase i have this problem only in battle, so it wasn't in my modded playthrought, only a custom battle, and it completely frezee without even showing the crash report.
The battle started, and all went good, i sent in the cavalry, positioned the infantry order them different formation to see if it some formation problem, all went good again not even frickeling from the monitor, so I continue only giving order moving infantry and archers around and skirmish the enemy, infantry in front in shield wall formation, archers behind in loose e cavalry on the right ready to charge in, the enemy that had already lost almost half of his men went in to charge to my archers so i order full charge at infantry and cavalry and went in my self in the middle of the battle... 3 second after I went in the game frezeed when I was delivering a full swing with my two handed axe, one second before it hit the enemy.
And that's all always this way... in some way with the mod disabled it go worst, with the mod I was capable at last to kill someone in the fight before crash, with all of them disabled I couldn't even get close to the melee.
I don't think it's related to the mod...

Have you tried to validate game files through steam? I don't know how to help you more than that.

Edit: If you can start a non-modded playthrough and crash, then you can submit it as a bug report.

Have you tried to validate game files through steam? I don't know how to help you more than that.

Edit: If you can start a non-modded playthrough and crash, then you can submit it as a bug report.
It must be a bug no other solution, I have even lowered the battle size to 400 same crash, should i try to unistall and reinstall it again? And I repeat is only a thing that happened on large battle between two large armies, if I go with my army (around 800 men) against smaller party like bandits and something like that all go well no problem at all, but if I have to battle an army and go in battle against them that happen always no matter what.

I found another thing and i was wandering if it maybe the one causing the issue I have installed another mod, from realistic battle, spear perfomance, maybe is this that is causing problem? 'Cause you have to change two file in the native folder related to the battle managed_core_parameters.xml and combat_parameters.xml

Does it CTD or freeze and send the CPU to 100%?
With the mod it crash and send me to the desktop where immediatly show up the crash report window, without the mod it simply frezee but the cpu work is 0, even if the ram continue to work, (checked with task manager, and dragon center, the game wasn't using any cpu). With battle reduced and mod enabled same. Now I´m trying to see what happen with the restoration of those two files managed_core_parameters.xml and combat_parameters.xml.

With the mod it crash and send me to the desktop where immediatly show up the crash report window, without the mod it simply frezee but the cpu work is 0, even if the ram continue to work, (checked with task manager, and dragon center, the game wasn't using any cpu). With battle reduced and mod enabled same. Now I´m trying to see what happen with the restoration of those two files managed_core_parameters.xml and combat_parameters.xml.
The CTD could be a bug in the base game rather than RBM. They do exist. Example from the latest hotfix:
Fixed a crash that occurred when multiple missiles collided with the same shield at the same time, with the first one breaking the shield.

The freeze sounds like when it randomly spikes the CPU to 100%, freezing the game. This happens on my PC during large battles despite it being more powerful than what is recommended. I find the only way to stop that freezing is to set the number of corpses to none or no higher than medium.

So the solution may be to set corpse to none? Ok thanks I Will try it immediatly I will let you know, even if it a bit unrealistic I don't care, what I want is to play the game don't care of some dead bodies.
I didn't know there are still so much bugs, well I hope they found them all anf fix them. Anyway it´s a bit weird that it cause more problem to more powerfull pc than over low end pc ahahah ??

The CTD could be a bug in the base game rather than RBM. They do exist. Example from the latest hotfix:

The freeze sounds like when it randomly spikes the CPU to 100%, freezing the game. This happens on my PC during large battles despite it being more powerful than what is recommended. I find the only way to stop that freezing is to set the number of corpses to none or no higher than medium.
Ok for the moment it's working I made a fresh installation started the game set the corpse to none and I played till the end of the battle without any kind of problem and I even gone in melee killed some enemy and it works perfectly, thanks a lot for the moment it seems that the problem with battle as been solved, I will have a long session in the campaign and let's see what will happen, for the moment is good to know that at last I made to the end in a Battle of 1000 man and that's already a success for me ??.

Thank you a lot really u are a genius I wold never ever think that the problems could be the number of the corpse in the field.

Don't Close this topic I will let you know if it is a defenitive solution and I'm going to try this out with mod too.

Back
Top Bottom