Resolved Game claims I've declared war on another kingdom. They attacked me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: A message popped up saying my independent Imperial Kingdom have declared war on Vlandia. I assume as the leader of my Kingdom only I can instigate new wars. I have never once attacked Vlandia. I got a message my companion's party was attacked by them immediately after. Possibly the game just messed saying I attacked them and declared war on them while it was the other way around?
How to Reproduce: Unsure, possibly have independent kingdom and be attacked by non-imperial kingdom.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Possibly main story line stop conspiracy?
Version: 1.2.0 beta
Installed community-made modifications: none

Two thoughts regarding this:

1) apparently independent kingdoms aren't fully supported/implemented yet, so this might be fixed at a later point when they dedicate resources to make it happen

2) this also happened in my independent kingdom campaign (before I knew it wasn't fully supported yet) but I also assumed this is related to the conspiracy quest to give you a sense of urgency to complete it

either way the only way to resolve this right now is to barter for peace with an enemy lord as the peace appeal option isn't implemented yet in the diplomacy menu

Correct. Since diplomacy isn't fully implemented, the AI decides when you declare war with whom. It can also determine to make peace I've heard, but have not encountered that instance.

This is what I found happened to me with this. I had companions in parties that ran around looting and attacking enemies. After becoming my own kingdom, I noticed a faction declared war on me out of the blue. I was able to reload a few games and do some testing - it was one of my companions that was causing this. They had gotten captured and were in a castle after release. When I put them back in my party, a short time later war was declared. When I reloaded and dismissed them after getting them back I avoided war.

That was the only time I've had random acts of war declared on me.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom