Game children with negative experience - game over

Users who are viewing this thread

So this is where the family tree ends. My children are around 21 with huge negative experience points. Which seems to be not changing at all. My character will probably pass away soon and what will happen then? I guess it's game over or time for new play-through?

Which seems to be not changing at all.
Children have no initial attribute points, this is why their experience multiplier is zero. You can install my mod "Heritage", which will give children some attribute points so that they can get experience. When their attributes are set, you can remove the mod if you prefer to play without mods. Or you can install the "Character export/import" mod and fix the attributes manually.

Children have no initial attribute points, this is why their experience multiplier is zero. You can install my mod "Heritage", which will give children some attribute points so that they can get experience. When their attributes are set, you can remove the mod if you prefer to play without mods. Or you can install the "Character export/import" mod and fix the attributes manually.
I think there is nothing more to explore in the vanilla game so I am going to explore the mods. Are these all on nexus?

It seems I've got too brave with mods. I've got many things fixed by mods but started to experience crashes.
Does anyone have any idea if this could be caused by mods? And which mod?

Yeah, I just realized the same. Going to remove some unnecessary ones, step by step.
Edit: however I think the problem will be with the diplomacy reworked. Maybe it's in conflict with Community patch.

Yeah, I just realized the same. Going to remove some unnecessary ones, step by step.
Edit: however I think the problem will be with the diplomacy reworked. Maybe it's in conflict with Community patch.
use diplomacy fixes instead, I have been using it with the current beta branch and experienced no bugs/crashes

diplomacy reworked does not work on 1.4.x versions
This was the issue. I removed this mod and it seems to be stable.
However my original issue with children stats is acting strangely. It seems the mod doesn't like if it is used in later games. One of my 7 children got actually some inherited skills. It seems the skills are applied at some point of age (hero age maybe??).
The problem is that my oldest son had already 21 when I installed the mod. I will try to modify the age with the detailed character creation mod...

Edit: just discovered there is a "fix broken child" option in the mod config. So it's ok now.

Last edited:
So this is where the family tree ends. My children are around 21 with huge negative experience points.

What did you expect? You were never around, always off fighting wars and slaying looters. I would imaging that would be a negative experience for any child.

?

Back
Top Bottom