MP Game change recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

CLASSES

There should be no classes at all,

not even the original archer cavalry or infantry classes of warband

every person should have access to every weapon,armor, or mount in the game (or faction related)

every person should have the exact same speed and health

archers and cavalry are given lower run speeds making them poor in melee combat,

I believe archers were made slower to prevent archers from running away from infantry and firing arrows at them,
instead of making archers permanently slower to prevent kiting, you can make archers slower only while they carry arrows, this is realistic because having a quiver on your back would make it awkward to run without the arrows falling out. When an archer then drops his quiver he should then run the same speed as infantry. ( as long as his total armor/equipment weight is the same) Having archers run the same speed as infantry(without quivers etc) would enable archers to be able to better engage in melee encouraging players to be able to use range weapons without giving up the ability to fight properly on foot.

I also believe cavalry should not be permanently slower.

Calvary should run the same speed as everyone else when they dismount so they can fight effectively on foot(as long as their equipment weight is equal to everyone else)

Players who are outnumbered on foot can only survive by their speed, having cavalry and archers be permanently slower despite their weight makes a player who is outnumbered unable to use a bow or mount because they would give up that essential speed on foot.

This makes players who are outnumbered not choose cavalry or archer class and therefore lead to players being unable to defend themselves against numerous enemies who choose archer and cavalry.

Having a universal speed allows an outnumbered player to shoot a bow or use a horse without being slower on foot making combat against multiple opponents hard.

ARMOR

i believe that heavy armor should be realistic and make you invulnerable to arrows.

I believe having arrows able to penetrate everything is worse for the game.

With realistic arrow penetration battles (when they give battle mode back) would be more interesting rather then the inflated number of archers playing the game now

KICKING

I think that you should not be able to be kicked if you are moving backwards from your opponent

please revert to warband's kicking mechanic it was better

kicking should be a defense move not an offense move that a player cannot defend against by moving backwards

ETC

Please disable the height adjustment for characters, its is frustrating to play against players who win a duel just because they chose the highest option character height and can kick and swing further,

please include the option to disable everything for players who like to play without any distractions, no hp bar no yellow displays of how much damage you did etc

horses should flinch like players do when they receive damage, therefore if a horse receives a lot of damage then the rider should be stunned as well when the horse flinches ( or at least the strike should miss)

please let players be able to chamber couched lances by up hitting like in warband single player, I find that a player should always be able to survive a situation if your skilled enough and that you shouldnt just die from a couched lance from a cavalry just because you do not have a shield

include a battle mode(i know your working on it), perhaps using a decreasing map size would be better then the current skirmish flag capturing system

please think about making the next mount and blade game set in Japan, Japanese warfare doesnt use shields which are boring in combat

Last edited:
i believe that heavy armor should be realistic and make you invulnerable to arrows.
JOINT HURTBOXES and ARMOR HURTBOXES: an armor system that provide a way to balance factions warfare and make more deep the combat system(suggestions)

This thread (written by me) considers what you said but makes it EVEN MORE REALISTIC, also balancing it.
The list of my threads is below the comment, in case you are interested in the other topics .. and I cover almost all of them.

Thank you for replying im sure that we just have to wait until we get custom servers to make all these changes real, taleworlds is doing the best they can to satisfy the majority of people and that is very hard,

lets just wish them luck and hope that they give us custom servers sooner instead of trying to perfect their modes and gameplays that might be dead the second custom servers are out

Back
Top Bottom