In Progress Game Cannot find mod dlls on Microsoft store version

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: On the Microsoft version of Bannerlord, all third party mods to my knowledge are not loaded correctly, and comes up with a bunch of errors while the game is loading the title screen. The game proceeds normally to the title screen after skipping the errors, but functions as native upon loading up a save.
How to Reproduce: Install, activate a third party mod and run bannerlord on the microsoft store version
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
Summary: On the Microsoft version of Bannerlord, all third party mods to my knowledge are not loaded correctly, and comes up with a bunch of errors while the game is loading the title screen. The game proceeds normally to the title screen after skipping the errors, but functions as native upon loading up a save.
How to Reproduce: Install, activate a third party mod and run bannerlord on the microsoft store version
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
I have the same problem in xbox support they did not say anything worthwhile

I have same problem, look what i did. All modules have folder in \bin\ that called Win64_Shipping_Client so all .DLL are based there. I just renamed in into Gaming.Desktop.x64_Shipping_Client and that what it looks like now.

But i still have a problem, some mods like ButterLib dont work that way, for now i revealed that it works with Harmony and mods that not depends on MCM and ButterLib.
Full link to .DLL now look like these.

C:\XboxGames\Mount & Blade II- Bannerlord\Content\Modules\Bannerlord.Harmony\bin\Gaming.Desktop.x64_Shipping_Client

So i've got a question, can't we just rename core game folder from Gaming.Desktop.x64_Shipping_Client to Win64_Shipping_Client to have link to core files like these C:\XboxGames\Mount & Blade II- Bannerlord\Content\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client and solve all problems?

UPD: I'm very disappointed with this things right now, because for some reasons i cant buy anything in Steam so to support ur team i didnt just downloaded game from torrent but found a way to buy licensed copy, and that what i have for that.

Last edited:
I have encountered the same problem. I am unable to use any mods or a mod manager with the Windows Store version of Bannerlord 2. The specifc problem is that after launching a string of cannot find DLL error messages appear.

Update

I found an article on Reddit titled "Can you mod the Xbox Game Pass version?" (I'm not allowed to post links here so you could google it)

It said as mentioned above you can rename the folder in the each module folder and you will be able to run some mods. This does work.

The issue I'm having is another different issue: The mods I wanted to use require ButterLib and the ButterLib team is currently saying that they probably can't support the Xbox Gamepass version.

I'm disappointed as the mod community for Bannerlord seems to be very active and doing really interesting things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom