Resolved Game broken after steam forcefully applied latest E 1.4.0 hotfix to manual Beta 1.4.1 version

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I can get into main menu. If I start a campaign or load a game the game crashes with this error message:

3anOWeY.jpg

Used Beta 1.4.1, worked fine except memory leak issue. Then Steam applied latest Alpha hotfix (again?) automatically. Since then can't start a campaign or load a game. Broken for me. Beta conscription was locked in steam. only ending steam the hard way and re-opening it made unsuscribing to Beta 1.4.1 possible. Didn't solve the issue. Want to disable auto updates and revert to Beta 1.4.1 but impossible. Steam doesn't allow disabling auto updates.

Edit: New Campaign possible. My save game though is broken after going from E 1.4.0 to Beta 1.4.1 and then steam applying Hotfix for E 1.4.0 automatically again. How can I turn off updates for a time (until memory leak issue fixed) and revert to beta 1.4.1 without steam forcing updates to return to my game?

Last edited:
Hello, if you right-click to the game in your Steam Library and pick properties, you can see the updates tab on the properties screen. You can set the download options from there. I will inform the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.

I have similar issue. Playing on 1.4.1 ( no issues). Today steam applied patch for 1.4 but somehow it made saves for 1.4.1 not working.
Crash when loading save that worked fine hour ago.

Hello, if you right-click to the game in your Steam Library and pick properties, you can see the updates tab on the properties screen. You can set the download options from there. I will inform the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.

Hi, It is german but I cannot disable auto updates, subscribing to beta or not: Steam only offers 3 kinds of auto update but not manual updating. Subscribing to beta 1.4.1 and then steam auto apllying the hotfix update screwed my savegames, now unloadable.

(Before, going from E 1.4.0 to Beta 1.4.1 worked savegames-wise.

nF3RjHX.jpg

I have similar issue. Playing on 1.4.1 ( no issues). Today steam applied patch for 1.4 but somehow it made saves for 1.4.1 not working.
Crash when loading save that worked fine hour ago.

Yes these kinds of error messages I got too. Can't rollback now savegame unplayable :sad:

Hi,

my bad, the issue is most likely Mod-related and thus not a problem from the developers side. So this is not an issue! Look here:

If you use bannerlord tweaks mod, disable all castle and town related tweaks. Also in the mod options the one option about lent troops affecting morale. Then you can play your old save again, just loaded mine :smile: You can also disable bannerlord tweaks as a whole, then it works of course too. The newest hotfix changed the way hearths are calculated + morale so the mod must be updated, not the game.

Back
Top Bottom