Game breaking faction/kingdom snowballing balance problem

Users who are viewing this thread

this is all related to siege defence.

if catapults worked on the walls, instead of overshooting everything in existence. What should focus on the battering ram giving the defence an actual solid chance of resisting a siege that doesn't have trebuchets. Also that cities and castles cannot manage food stores properly so sieges cant last a month regardless and you cant keep a garrison because of the food issues.

^^^This is another huge reason. AI are terrible at defending in sieges from my experience. Realistically storming a fortifies city/castle should be insanely costly and attackers should take major casualties vs the defenders.

^^^This is another huge reason. AI are terrible at defending in sieges from my experience. Realistically storming a fortifies city/castle should be insanely costly and attackers should take major casualties vs the defenders.
Everything that is happening in the game right now is due to the ai unable to garrison troops and defend itself. That goes for the players too. Id use garrisons to store elite troops and train up the rest but now that I cant I have to travel around with my elites unable to keep recruiting. Which the ai lords would also benefit from being able to store garrisons it would be a reserve of troops.

Snowballing would be unable to occur if they lost 400-500 troops to a siege due to costly ladder assaults because of the battering ram breaking in the fight.

Loving the game so far, but after conquering two castles and a city and starting a kingdom against the Empire, I've noticed that the Northern Empire already controls have the map, the Sturgians have been wiped out of existence and everyone just seems to be waiting for the Northern Empire to take them over. I'm struggling to recruit footmen and they've got armies 900 men strong attacking towns with 50 garrison troops.

It's been great so far, hope this issue gets resolved quickly.

I've played 3 games with the Aserai
There's your problem, you played Aserai. They are by far the easiest to stomp faction. I've had southern kingdom defeat them when they had a strength of ~300 and Aserai had ~5000.

I thought this was about kingdoms destroying kingdoms not destroying a bunch of Live Action RolePlayers that somehow got roped into a war. In all seriousness Aserai faction is awful

EDIT:
I believe this is because you cant recruit their best units as they are locked? Or at least you cant recruit the unit that upgrades into their good calv.

Last edited:
+1 I pushed a negative review to Steam too, as many have said - crashes, graphical issues even bad performance I can handle, but save-breaking issues? Thats a big no-no. So please, fix this or you will lose majority of your playerbase. I for one - am not comming back or changing the reviews untill I can play the supposed "sandbox" game with no story for longer than two days.

This is a very big issue, at the moment probably the worst issue after the save games have been fixed. Factions need to be properly balanced, my game is over by day 370, the Southern Empire is eating up everything on the map.

PLEASE FIX THIS
I had the exact same issue, and I'm starting to see it everywhere. It completely breaks the game. I cant even continue playing at this point knowing that one faction is going to take over everything after 20 some hours of game play. I really want to write this game a great review on steam/recommend it to everyone I know, I think it deserves it, but this is genuinely the only thing that's holding me back.

I believe a huge issue contributing to this snowball is that the vessel's take their fiefs when they defect. You can see once a kingdom is weakened everyone just defects and forces the faction to their main fief and then are promptly wiped out. The faction that has taken over has a fighting force of 23,000 men. There's no coming back from that.

With the new patch 1.0.4 it is a bit better. Even though around the year 1090-1095 all factions were wiped out again until there were only 2 superpowers left

Year 1090
Year1900.png

Year 1095
Yeahr-1095.png

He started new game and just waited in nearest town for couple of years. Looks better. World in 1090 is ok. Weekend will show how it reacts with player. But it will eventually get better each week :smile:

I'm starting a new game to see if that helps, did you? If that is, how'd you get that far since the patch was released?
Ja, ich habe ein neues Spiel gestartet und die Dev-Konsole benutzt, um die Geschwindigkeit zu erhöhen.

ENG: Yes, I started a new game and used the dev console to increase the speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom