Game breaking faction/kingdom snowballing balance problem

Users who are viewing this thread

e1.05 Patch Notes:
* Snowball effect developments: clans now no longer want to defect to kingdoms which captured their settlements earlier in a campaign. AI defection calculation now cares about relations much more and new ways to lose relations have been added. If a party besieges a settlement, the army leader will lose relation with the settlement owner. Also, after a successful siege, there is a secondary relation loss between both the settlement owner and the aggressor’s faction leader.

About to run a e1.05 test. I'll see if much has changed.
Let us know how it comes along! I actually HATE the relation change tho...

e1.05 Patch Notes:
* Snowball effect developments: clans now no longer want to defect to kingdoms which captured their settlements earlier in a campaign. AI defection calculation now cares about relations much more and new ways to lose relations have been added. If a party besieges a settlement, the army leader will lose relation with the settlement owner. Also, after a successful siege, there is a secondary relation loss between both the settlement owner and the aggressor’s faction leader.

About to run a e1.05 test. I'll see if much has changed.

Think it needs a few more major changes for it to really take the effect we want, but do keep us posted if you notice anything.

I agree to a point but I still think having 1 or 2 factions being gutted within the first 80 days isn't ideal, especially if a kingdom getting destroyed is one the player wants to align with, depending on what difficulty you play on getting to even be a mercenary in 80 days is tough, let alone doing so and your faction is gone.

I completely agree. We at least need a chance to play with our favourite factions. I'm with Battania at the moment, and watching the two competitors for the Snowball King title both stepping on my little kingdom's throats. :grin:

It doesn't help that the Battanians do inane things like riding their 900 person army right past the 800 troop enemy army besieging a major town, so that the Battanians can go lay siege to a minor castle with 150 troops guarding it.:\ But I probably shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sieges are unplayable, currently, unless I stand waaaaay back from the army.

With the patch version 1.0.5e I have started a new test campaign to see how good the balancing is now. No faction was completely wiped out over the year 1100, which is quite advantageous. There was always at least one city of the faction left, which gives the player the freedom to support them to rebuild.
However, all the factions in the middle of the map at the end of the game have only one city left. This is probably simply because they are in the middle of the map.

Year 1084
1084.png

Year 1090
1090.png

Year 1095
1095.png

Year 1100
1100.png

Thank you for your test and thanks to the devs for this updade !
Even if the balance is still not there, seeing the evolution after 3 days is very encouraging.

Thank you for your test and thanks to the devs for this updade !
Even if the balance is still not there, seeing the evolution after 3 days is very encouraging.

Exactly my thought, didnt think it would happen this fast. Seeing this, might only need a handful of more fixes regarding this and it will be somewhat sorted!

Im seeing messages about factions making peace with others. Ive never seen that before, it seems that things are on the right track.

Not to mention, there are large groups of sea raiders plumbed up together, almost as strong as 300 men.

I think this is because on certain parts of the map raiders/bandits can go nearly completely unchecked. Kingdoms at peace seem to keep their bandits under control while Kingdoms at war go down fast as not only do the enemy Kingdom armies steadily capture territory but the regional bandits become an unchecked menace constantly capturing the Kingdom's Lords and not ever allowing them to rebuild their armies.

I have found a few areas of the map that consistently get bandit/raider parties into the 100s past day 200 and the hideouts... well, I don't even want to talk about how difficult it can be to capture a hideout with 100 sea raiders. It took me over an in-game month between only 1 attack per day and healing/chasing raider parties away that are moving to restock the hideout (start the process all over again).

Seems like it's finally coming to a point. Please keep us updated guys. Some of us are to scared to get committed again before this steamrolling issue is mostly sorted. :grin:

Year 1086: Sturgia and Western Empire close to be totally wiped out. Vlandia and Battania seems to be the most powerful factions. It is a pity that two factions are destroyed in such a short time.

Seems to need more fixes and tuning...Good job anyway.

@SpecialT
Awesome. Thanks for doing that.
I didn't quite get that far. By 1088, day 376 this is how my save looked: (zero player interaction. No idea why i'm at war)
VPkZ841.jpg

It seems this update may have changed something. I will continue to test.
I'm liking all this teamwork. This really is what early access is for.

seem like they've definitely made some progress but i still think more needs to be done. I genuinely believe the campaign AI needs some working on, armies need to be nerfed, and as much as I liked the feature when it was announced, I don't think AI lords should recruit the same way we do. They should also add manhunters or village militias that patrol around to help quell the bandit issue a little.

seem like they've definitely made some progress but i still think more needs to be done. I genuinely believe the campaign AI needs some working on, armies need to be nerfed, and as much as I liked the feature when it was announced, I don't think AI lords should recruit the same way we do. They should also add manhunters or village militias that patrol around to help quell the bandit issue a little.
Yeah I might be with you. Unless they can somehow make it work in a way that allows the lords to recruit in a similar speed to how they did so in warband.

Back
Top Bottom