Game breaking faction/kingdom snowballing balance problem

Users who are viewing this thread

still feels khuzaits are op compared to the rest of the factions in campaign.
Again, it is not set on one specific faction all the time. It depends on a multitude of things, but in the end it come downs too RNG. This issue has somewhat gotten better since this thread was started. Still not fully fixed though.
But I commend you for trying to keep this thread alive.

It looks like a great deal of other players are experiencing this as well. I and many others believe it to be the greatest most glaring problem with the game right now.

Around the year 1085-1090 in game, any given kingdom seems to become unimaginably powerful almost completely nullifying nearly 20 to 23 hours of gameplay seeing as the kingdom in question is completely unstoppable.

It seems that the moment an AI kingdom/faction conquers and controls one or more of another kingdoms lands they become exponentially powerful, stronger than any other kingdom.

Hm, im on day around 2500, so after the year 1100 with my own kingdom from the beginning,
I dont have this problem. Sure, the sturgians are gone, but vladian, west empire, khuzait, aserai they are changing the hole time there power.
For example.
Around day 1000 the vladians were the most powerful in my game. they had around a third of the map.
Around 500 days later, the aserai were the most powerful and vladian had around 5 thiefs left.
Again around 500 days later, khuzait were the most powerful, and aserai was beaten hard, so they were only back like beginning in south and vladians had again around 20 fiefs.
Now i would say, i am the most powerful, but south empire beat a lot of aserai and khuzait. I would say the three are even in my game, but vladians are nearly gone again, like around after 1000 days...

So i cant say its like so many here wrote. In my game the power changes the hole time...

Again, it is not set on one specific faction all the time. It depends on a multitude of things, but in the end it come downs too RNG. This issue has somewhat gotten better since this thread was started. Still not fully fixed though.
But I commend you for trying to keep this thread alive.
Its rng if its a bit of land, not 4 towns + many castles. Keep in mind this is a pretty fresh save as well from 2 days ago(day ~180). I noticed khuzaits being "op" in previous saves as well as some other factions, but those other factions dont seem op now(battania). Outside of the Khuzaits only the southern empire seems maybe tad bit too strong(would have to test them more to be sure).

Multiple times i saw a faction(khuzait mostly, but other factions as well) to take a town then sue for peace before the losing faction even retaliated..seems quite unrealistic from the losing side. Unless they face utter defeat or were super weak, which wasn't the case. So factions that took the town basically got away with dealing a cheap shot then avoiding their vulnerable state when they could easily lose the town with a peace treaty. Quite unrealistic and game breaking.

Hm, im on day around 2500, so after the year 1100 with my own kingdom from the beginning,
I dont have this problem. Sure, the sturgians are gone, but vladian, west empire, khuzait, aserai they are changing the hole time there power.
For example.
Around day 1000 the vladians were the most powerful in my game. they had around a third of the map.
Around 500 days later, the aserai were the most powerful and vladian had around 5 thiefs left.
Again around 500 days later, khuzait were the most powerful, and aserai was beaten hard, so they were only back like beginning in south and vladians had again around 20 fiefs.
Now i would say, i am the most powerful, but south empire beat a lot of aserai and khuzait. I would say the three are even in my game, but vladians are nearly gone again, like around after 1000 days...

So i cant say its like so many here wrote. In my game the power changes the hole time...
This is good news then.

I posted on April the 2nd at a very early version, and many updates have since come.

I might start a new game up again :smile:

Back
Top Bottom