Game breaking faction/kingdom snowballing balance problem

Users who are viewing this thread

It looks like a great deal of other players are experiencing this as well. I and many others believe it to be the greatest most glaring problem with the game right now.

Around the year 1085-1090 in game, any given kingdom seems to become unimaginably powerful almost completely nullifying nearly 20 to 23 hours of gameplay seeing as the kingdom in question is completely unstoppable.

It seems that the moment an AI kingdom/faction conquers and controls one or more of another kingdoms lands they become exponentially powerful, stronger than any other kingdom.

This problem happened to me on both 2 saves. Even if I fight against them, their armies are growing a lot and never stopped.

disrupts all game :sad:

I agree, it's a critical level issue as I've lost any drive to play right now, knowing that the game will be over by year 1090 (around 500 days):

The above was just a test campaign waiting in a town to see if the issue always happens (it does). My first two proper campaigns were ruined by factions that I wanted to join having been eliminated by day 100.

I think one of the issues is that once a lord is beaten he has a very hard time to recover since (atleast from what I have seen) he starts out alone again with no people in his army. Making him easy target for the smallest bandit groups. My chat log is just being spammed with lords being captured by sea raiders/looters.

Not to mention, there are large groups of sea raiders plumbed up together, almost as strong as 300 men.

+1
This is what completely ruins the game for me. There isn't any point in playing when you will have to be thrown into a meat grinder 400 days into the campaign. It doesn't help when every faction is a warmonger, constantly at war with 2-3+ factions.

I've noticed this as well, in my very first game battania destroyed the entire western empire than started taking over sturgia within about 2 years. I think that the things that need to happen with AI lords sort of like warband are as follows:

lords need to remain in towns and castles recruiting troops until they have at least half their capacity then move out to recruit from villages.

when a faction takes a city or town the army responsible should disassemble and factions should get a "army recently formed" cool down that prevents them from army spamming and taking over 3 fiefs in a span of a week.

it seems some lords get stuck sitting around with 0 denars so they can't do anything. Maybe give the lords a base daily income based on some sort of assumption that they own caravans and workshops.

Make it so that a certain clan tier must be achieved before army calling is allowed. maybe only clans of tier 4 and up or something similar.

Last edited:
Yeah, totally a STOP for anyone to play this. I would love to see some acknowledgment from developers and maybe some statement about this. Because nothing what happens with the game doesnt matter when its like trial version. Also it would ease my attitude to check if anything new particulary about this issue happend. I already deleted all save games. No point. Just let us know developers. please.

There are a lot of similar topics, many are being duplicated. Perhaps there should be a list of everything under one topic? Everyone can post underneath it and will be edited into the main topic? I'm willing to make one and keep it updated. Also looking into other topics to add those that are less familiar.

Yeah I'm going to hold off starting a new game until this is fixed, was loving it until the empire ate everyone.

It's really sad to start a game knowing you are going to serve Khuzaits and help them conquer the world, and see them almost wiped out even before you can join them... First-hand experience here :sad:

Back
Top Bottom