In Progress GAME BREAKING BUG!

Users who are viewing this thread

jakeyboy25

Recruit
This bug is a little long winded so stick with me I'll have to explain every detail of how it happened. I'm about 10 hours into the game and I was doing a "Find my daughter and bring her home" mission - she's fallen in love with a brigand and I went to a settlement and found her. When I arrived at the settlement I thought it would be cool to get a random townsman to show me where she is, he started walking towards her but he was too slow for me so i rode to where I thought she might be and she was there, during the conversation with her and the brigand I was given a persuasion attempt which was a success, however I required a second persuasion success to convince her to leave with me, here's where the bug begins. while attempting the second persuasion, the random townsman arrived and interrupted the conversation with the girl doing his regular "Here she is", I clicked okay and tried to continue my conversation with the girl, but i couldn't click anything now. I tried exiting the area and coming back, still could not click anything in the conversation UI - I noticed now that every time I tried to talk to her either the conversation UI would be blank, or a single persuasion attempt would be shown above the words even when the conversation had returned to the beginning. I tried to load an auto save, still the same issue. What has made it game breaking now is that every conversation in the game - including bandits, towns people etc all have the persuasion attempt bug when i try talking to them and I am unable to click anything. I tried creating a new character hoping it may have been a save file issue, and have noticed it has followed over into my new game as well, and I am unable to progress past the tutorial conversation. I think I am forced to re-install the game at this point.

Hopefully this can help the devs and deter anyone from making the same mistake.

Edit: I figured out how to fix the issue, I went into the game files and deleted the GUI folder - then verified the integrity of the cache to re-download the files, and my original save seems to be working now. So if you've had this same problem give that a go.

Hey, I am glad you found a workaround that solved your issue. I want you to know we are working hard to fix these issues as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom