Game balance

Users who are viewing this thread

It makes sense but this man approves your modified files to mess with my mod, I assume complete responsibility.

Of course that is should you decide to upload, if not it's totally ok, thanks for replying!

Ambrush said:
It makes sense but this man approves your modified files to mess with my mod, I assume complete responsibility.

Of course that is should you decide to upload, if not it's totally ok, thanks for replying!

Doc is working on pushing out a hotfix for the main issues that have been discovered so far like the British musket problem, the first quest, and the weird shaders when it's storming.

Gewehr98 said:
Ambrush said:

Doc is working on pushing out a hotfix for the main issues that have been discovered so far like the British musket problem, the first quest, and the weird shaders when it's storming.
Hope he covers the inaccuracy issues aswell, main thing breaking my ability to test.

Thanks.

For a gameplay perspective I wonder how you feel about the differences between elite, subpar and normal troops. I feel the difference is generally too small. I'd prefer to be scared when I faced the pride of enemy armies.

Also the differences in terms of clothing and armor seems almost nonexistent.

I have had no problem taking down enemy cavalry. My men don't break. I time my volley right and take a good bit of them out. If I am fighting a mostly cavalry unit I just go into square formation and I have no problem fighting.

I think prize fighting shirt should have 0 armour. Right now you have to hit the head to do any damage, which is really hard with the warband unarmed fighting mechanics.

Now I know I was the one who suggested it in the first place, but Docm seems to have taken the suggestions I made for sword stats a bit to the extreme of what I was intending.

So we have heavy cavalry sabers with 70 speed, light cav sabers with 75, and officer swords with around 90, while the only swords with around 100 speed are dueling epees. We also have a useless heavy cav straight sword which does amazing stab damage, but almost no swing damage when it very clearly looks like a proper cut and thrust blade.

Things need to level out a bit.

Current Sword/Lance Stats:
Sabre Briquet An IX: 15c 100s 75r
An XI Light Sabre: 25c 85s 107r
1796 Light Sabre: 30c 75s 95r
1796 Heavy Sabre: 35c 70s 95r
French Officer Epee: 20c/25p 100s 90r
Light Officer Sabre: 35c 90s 90r
Officer's Scimitar: 35c 85s 80r
Mamlouk Scimitar: 30c 90s 90r
Baker SwordBayo: 10c/18p 100s 40r
Brit Officer Epee: 20c/25p 100s 90r
An XI Heavy Sabre: 15c/35p 80s 112r
Brit Sergeant Epee: 17c/21p 90s 90r
Imp FootGren Off Sabre: 40c 90s 100r
Dueling Epeen: 10c/15p 110s 90r
Rus 1796 Inf Degen: 15c 100s 75r
Aus 1765/77 Sabre: 15c 100s 75r
1798 Patt claymore: 20c/25p 85s 90r
Brit 1803 FlnkOff Sbr: 38c 90s 98r

All Lances: 21p 55s 180r
What I think you should change them to:
Sabre Briquet An IX: 25c 105s 75r
An XI Light Sabre: 30c 90s 107r
1796 Light Sabre: 30c 95s 95r
1796 Heavy Sabre: 35c 90s 95r
French Officer Epee: 25c/30p 100s 90r
Light Officer Sabre: 35c 90s 90r
Officer's Scimitar: 35c 95s 80r
Mamlouk Scimitar: 30c 95s 90r
Baker SwordBayo: 23c/28p 105s 40r
Brit Officer Epee: 28c/33p 95s 90r
An XI Heavy Sabre: 35c/20p 85s 112r
Brit Sergeant Epee: 23c/27p 100s 90r
Imp FootGren Off Sabre: 40c 85s 100r
Dueling Epee: 15c/20p 110s 90r
Rus 1796 Inf Degen: 25c 105s 75r
Aus 1765/77 Sabre: 25c 105s 75r
1798 Patt claymore: 40c/20p 85s 90r
Brit 1803 FlnkOff Sbr: 35c 90s 98r

All Lances: 26p 80s 180r

okay, I think what is desperately needed here for the scary cavalry problem is polearm bracing ala 1257 ad. Although there are no shields to trigger it like in 1257, I think if the resting animation for polearms were changed it would do the trick. That way when you give the order to your troops to use melee weapons you'd actually see them brace bayonets, and square formation would be that much more useful.

Edit: on another note, the fact that France has good relations with all of her satellites has on a few occasions meant that once Britain and Austria peace out to deal with other things France is left in complete peace and my company of light cavalry raiders has nothing to do :sad: Along those same lines I've found napoleon and his army to be wayyy too passive. Napoleon does nothing but run up and down from hanover to rome through the alps and France made peace with britain and austria without ever having taken a town from them.

I gave every horse 40hp and tested it out. It's a huge difference. In a custom battle, 50 infantry vs 25 cavalry, we annihilated the cavalry. This was with musket accuracy increased by 10 points, so a lot of horses died before they even reached the line.

Again with the prize fighting  :wink:

Disable the kick animation when in the ring? Right now, you can just kick the poor bastard into the corner and keep kicking him into the groin repeatedly until he collapses in agony, and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it.

RanGer_SLO said:
Again with the prize fighting  :wink:

Disable the kick animation when in the ring? Right now, you can just kick the poor bastard into the corner and keep kicking him into the groin repeatedly until he collapses in agony, and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it.
Heh, kicking was the first thing I tested in the arena. I find it much more satisfying now to up hook punch aiming for the head to do damage... K.O.

Wfas had a good musketry system, you didn't have to babysit your musketeers because they could reload whilst reforming.
Also if I point blank French hussars with my British line infantry and I visibly see them getting shot it doesn't always kill them.
Cavalry seems to slay my troops more when the rider's horse has been shot and they get up like nothing happened, and they essentially have a swordsman in amongst my troops that they can't deal with.
This is a warband problem but wouldn't horses rear up if you made a line of bayonets? It makes sense for cuirassiers to smash through but not light cav.

Constant strikes to the head = KO. Best place to aim :grin:

Hopefully though the kicking thing can be sorted out so the fight steward so to speak, keeps his word :razz:

In regards to wfas. If I remember correctly you could run and reload at the same time or ai could which is totally not something that I would like to see in a historical setting such as this. Reloading a musket while running, I'd like to see that in the heat of battle, would take slightly longer I'd imagine if practical at all.

Horse wise I suppose they would but not much can be done when warband limits things...quite a bit of things :p

General K said:
Constant strikes to the head = KO. Best place to aim :grin:

Hopefully though the kicking thing can be sorted out so the fight steward so to speak, keeps his word :razz:

In regards to wfas. If I remember correctly you could run and reload at the same time or ai could which is totally not something that I would like to see in a historical setting such as this. Reloading a musket while running, I'd like to see that in the heat of battle, would take slightly longer I'd imagine if practical at all.

Horse wise I suppose they would but not much can be done when warband limits things...quite a bit of things :p
Not running, of course. But walking at a slow pace wouldn´t be utterly impossible and would benefit gameplay by a large margin. I wonder if such a thing is possible.

More of a "quality of life" suggestion:

NW has reloading in stages, so if you get interrupted, you can resume without too much of a penalty. There are three: priming the pan, pouring the cartridge down and ramming it, and cocking the hammer. Currently in L'Aigle, if you get bumped by a horse just a second before you pull the flint to full-cock, you have to fetch a whole new cartridge from your pouch and start over, and it's a real ****.

I think most armour have too high armour rating. The commons shirts have around 20, which is quite a lot actually. A thin shirt would offer no protection against a musket or a sword, and barely any protection against a small knife, and even then only against cutting damage.

In fact, fabric is the last thing you want the musket ball to go through before it hits your body, because the fabric could get stuck in the wound, infecting it and making you septic.

EDIT: Also cannons are way to accurate. They can decimate my troops at spawn from the other half of the map.

I agree with that, I just purchased a 95th Rifleman Officer dress suit with 40+ body armour. That's the equivalent of half-armour swordsmen in wfas. But I quite like the melee, unless you got a really good slash in, a sword wouldn't cut through a coat. Russian swords for example in the Crimean war were notoriously dull and often glanced off British greatcoats and vice versa. But I honestly wouldn't care if musket balls were given an insane amount of damage, even if you're shot in the arm that's enough to knock you senseless during a battle.

Back
Top Bottom