Resolved Game always hangs (but doesn't crash) for 15-20+ minutes when enemy starts fleeing after big army (1500+) fights

Users who are viewing this thread

The game hangs for a very long time, but doesn't crash, and eventually comes back and then hangs again. I can hear my notebook fans slow down during the hang, which might indicate CPU/GPU aren't being used. I got used to it so I just ALT+TAB and go do something else until the enemy has completely fled, since until then it keeps hanging for a couple of minutes, coming back for a couple of seconds and then hanging for a couple of minutes again. The whole process usually lasts half an hour or maybe a bit more. I can tell the enemy has fled completely because my notebook fans go back to speed, so I ALT+TAB back in and resume normal play.

When it happens, there are always 3-4 units that stay in the map (and attack back if I get near them - they don't actually flee). It might have something to do with the algorithm trying to find an escape route for them but failing to (thus hanging the game for so long, then "giving up").

I have this problem with pathfind in e1.3.1, but I thought they had fixed it in 1.4, since it is a big problem and they are aware of it for some time now.

Hello, we are aware of the performance issue and working hard to resolve them as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting it in.

This problem should be fixed with the released patches since you have reported this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

No. I'm not experiencing that issue anymore.
I tip my hat to TaleWorlds handling of bug reports.
My thanks to the whole team!

Back
Top Bottom