Gaining Right to Rule

Users who are viewing this thread

klous99

Recruit
Hey, I remember playing in a previous version and I'd be able to travel around towns and give speechs left and right. In a few months I was able to get quite the high RtR score. After returning to the mod, It seems as if every attempt I make to give a speech falls on deaf ears. I have a high Bardic reputation, and a preety high renown (606) What other factors contribute to gaining RtR from speeches? (So far I've tried around fifteen-seventeen times and only once did I gain RtR, and that was only one point).

except what you mentioned, entertainment skill possibly? tho that has a connection with bardic reputation so you probably already got high in that

Hm, my entertainment skill is at 4, not sure if this is a bug or part of the game. Anyone else have this happen to them?

You gain RTR from speeches and several other things. Not musical performances.
I wouldn't waste your time unless you get an enhanced lute or have persuasion of 6.

If you play the reworked mod, your RTR syncs with your reputation to some degree.
The mod also makes persuasion skill more capable of rolling a positive result from speeches.

I usually get right to rule from treaties and factions dying off, i dont usually bother with the speeches but i am a master bard for that sweet sweet music money

RTR isn't the only way to kinghood. It's just one of 3? factors in Lords' defection decisions.
If you do many errands for peasants (bandit village raids) you gain RTR as well.

Converting 1 stray Lord to your side gives you a big RTR jump.
Like you said, the easiest way is to chase down wandering Lords immediately after a faction loses all its bases. You usually have 3-7 days before the Lords join other factions.

I tweaked many of the factors in BWReworked to make it a bit easier to accumulate across 5 months of steady campaigning.

Back
Top Bottom