Future version features...

Users who are viewing this thread

FerdiadITA

Squire
Here's a list of features that I thought to add for the v4.0,but as always I'd like to hear some other opinion.

New scenes.
Monasteries raids.
The Great Summer Army.
Religion.
Chance to declare war to the factions.
Chance to capture enemy lords.
Recreate some of the old parties(deserters,scouts,war parties..)
New parties.

Share your opinion...

Warning1:renamed cities,horse meshes bug,and others small issues will be fixed or implemented in the coming soon patch(V3.2).

Warning2:if you have some suggestions that doesn't regard in any way those features,please post them in the feedback and suggestions thread.

Well if you can cram all that into a v. 4.0 release, I would be more than happy  :smile:

Especially introducing "some of the old parties (deserters,scouts,war parties..),
would be a fine improvement to gameplay.

great stuff! really loking forward to that!

just one thing (i'll post it here cause i think its related to "parties", yet feel free to delete/move it if its OT) i don't know if i would change is the huge amount of prisoners tha bandit groups carry..

i like the fact that in this mod there are a lot of bandits around.. but probablys since they are everywhere they tend to attack every caravan and become bigger and bigger and bigger.. and you see like groups of 10 bandits with 30 prisoners!!

this makes building an army easy.. since even if you lose a lot of peeps you can just attack the next bandit group and get some trained units for free and from different factions!

i dunno.. maybe if things changed out it would become a tragedy to lose mens and stuff.. but maybe there should be a limit to prisoners based on group size: like 1 prisoner every 5 men.

cremo said:
... even if you lose a lot of peeps you can just attack the next bandit group and get some trained units for free and from different factions!
I agree with you on this.
10-20 bandits with 20-40 prisoners is quite common.
It takes less than a day to build a new army by attacking these (slow) bandits.
It makes the training of recruits pointless.

you should(if possible) make the player able to have formations, i.e. the danish skjaldborg/saxon shield wall, which was the primary military tactic of the period, as blatently thieved from the romans as it was :razz:

I'll work on the bandits prisoners,so.

As for the shield wall,I'm waiting a bit before working on new formations,but it's definitely something I would like to implement.

*poke*
Dark Age: Viking Raiders is really good mod, Ferdiad  :wink:
I'm being bored w. most of others mod which are the same riding down enemies after enemies,found out new way of combat in this mod, hope you can polish this mod furthere  :wink:

Declaring war, and more enemy parties (neutral, hostile, or kingdom parties, just anything extra to fight with) would be great. The occasional super tough party being spawned would be nice.

Ability to switch factions would be nice as well. And a feature that allows you to find an Heir to a destroyed faction in which you can swear your allegiance, and fight to regain territory for would be quite excellent.

Gregarion Roseby said:
Declaring war, and more enemy parties (neutral, hostile, or kingdom parties, just anything extra to fight with) would be great. The occasional super tough party being spawned would be nice.

Ability to switch factions would be nice as well. And a feature that allows you to find an Heir to a destroyed faction in which you can swear your allegiance, and fight to regain territory for would be quite excellent.

*Cough*
Sadly, the mod is dead.

Working on the Norman mod(but mostly unrelated readings),let me discovered truly a lot about the dark age period,and I acknowledged a whole different history from what I thought it was.
So,now that there's a new version out(downloading right now to see what's new),well,let's just say that this mod need to be ported.
Just have a bit of patience.

Back
Top Bottom