Future of NA server - unbanning players

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all see, NA server is going down. Many weeks ago, we had 50-60 players, now max. is 30-35. Admins banned many players, but I think they could understand their lesson. If they didn't, it isn't big problem to ban them again. I know players who are playing on EU only because they are banned from NA server.

Admins should just try to unban some players, I think it's way to bring them back. We can't keep them banned only because they didn't know game or language good enough to read and fine understand rules, or to play as well as others. NA haven't got enough players to select them and ban worse ones. We should try to learn them how to play, maybe tell about rules, explain something.

You should give them second chance to play.

I completely agree with Gerard.
Many of them would have learnt the rules, if they did continue playing the mod after they were banned.
And some of the bans are really old. I understand if the people who go banned like in the last week weren't unbanned.

But the sad thing is lots of people banned awhile ago stopped trying to get unbanned and gave up on the mod entirely, but I think before you unbannd you should make a list of those minor charges and long lasting bans post it and if players get a certian amount a vouches then he should be unbanned

Unbanning people is a double edged sword. Remember that perma banning is a last resort and it only used when people display an extreme inability to follow the rules.

If we unban all the rule breakers, there's a very high chance that they'd just come back and break the rules again. Maybe because they decided that they have the EU server to go to if they get banned.

Yea, i understand that.
But you would already have their names, chances are, since most of them dont roleplay they dont change their names, so if anyone complains about them, you know from past experiences to just not give them the benefit of the doubt.
Because 100 people are banned, im sure atleast 10 or 20 have learnt their lesson.

Thats my thoughts too but I know three players that are and have been good RPers since before NA was event set up that were banned when the server was coming into its own and they got into a pissing match with admins and got banned for it

Ok, guys, if you can find me a list of people who you think should be unbanned (please provide a link to their unban request or copy/paste it), I'll do my best to look into it and try to get Dom/Wind/Someone else with server client access to unban them. Please post it in the unban request thread, though. I'll go through and look myself.

This way is better than just unbanning all 100+ people.

Some amount of Unbanning can't hurt and if they display the same behavior then we'll ban them again.

and since it would be their second perma ban you would needd to make it evil like bring them out to one of those small sand islands and leave him their and shoot at his feet and then beat him up with a stick then ban him  :twisted:

Gerard_de_reinee said:
I know players who are playing on EU only because they are banned from NA server.

Worth noting is also that there is a permanent randomfest going on on EU_IVe.

however, i agree with you that a global unban would help the server, and i would say that about 25% of the permabanned players never deserved the permaban in the first place. I know that i have banned about 2 players permanently after getting just too disgusted at their rulebreaks, without warning them, and i would be surprised if i find any admin that have not made the same mistake.

Eragon91 said:

It's not bad if you actually give it a chance. 'randomfest' implies that there's constant killing randomly. There's not.

Everyone has biased opinions about competing servers. It's great to take a step back and look at everything objectively.

I wouldn't say random feast but constant wars and a rule on that sever is anyone armed near a fight weather in the factions at war or not are free to kill, but the wars on that sever get out of hand and lots of bistandards die, and I hate going on and seeing multiple admins war mongering, joining a faction and the first thing they say is "I needz a waroz!!!!" and keep asking the faction leader till be finally caves in

Well we are doing a rules review on wednesday so alot of thing may be changed ill bring that to the table also pm with anything else you want to maybe change.

gaham

Eragon91 said:
Gerard_de_reinee said:
I know players who are playing on EU only because they are banned from NA server.

...I smell a biased opinion with a hint of stupidty, with a dash of mad.

It's also worth noting i'm an NA player and I like EU better. I'm not even banned ♥

I'd much rather have a random fest than a random random.
10/10 EU Server confirmed for master troll. Would rage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom