Future mod support

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Ladies and gentlemen,

I have been playing M&B for awhile now and was excited when it was coming out on the XB1. Anyways will the console version support mods in the future? Like on PC? I know Fall out started to support the modding community, I was just wondering if they will do the same for M&B. Oh add me Flipnation 8OH8 XB1. Thank you!!

Please release the Viking expansion as DLC on console. That would be awesome. I'm not really into the setting for the napoleon expansion, but I am sure people who are would love to see that one too.

I am sure most of the people who bought Warband will be interrested in the DLC. When I chat with players ingame, the general opinion is "What a brilliant game". Give us more please :smile:

I dont care too much about mod support but I would like to see viking conquest ported to the consoles. At the moment the only reason I havent bought it on console is that I havent heard any confirmation that the DLC will be coming as well.

Well, some released DLCs like Viking Conquest would be fun.
But also Mods or whole packs like Floris Mod Pack would be amazing.

I would probably be fine with paying for mods if I wanted to play the game on console as well. But the reality is that mods on consoles are still a fairly new thing and there isn't a lot of room for them to grow yet. I think Bethesda created their own portal for mods, the reason for this is that whatever goes into consoles need to be checked. Who knows, people might just brick your console with a mod and neither Sony nor Microsoft would want to take responsibility for that. So checking the files beforehand is necessary. There is also a limit on file sizes. I think Xbox has a 2gb limit on all downloaded mods. There is also the issue that external applications used used to develop a mod do not work on consoles.

I doubt we'll see mods for Warband on consoles but it might be possible to port the existing DLCs. Selling mods would probably be really hard to do because they're not the property of TW and a deal would need to be made between them and the modmaker. Creating a portal for the mods might require some investment that a company like TW might not be able to handle. But DLCs should be relatively easier to handle.

Disclaimer: I am simply a volunteer moderator and have no relation to Taleworlds other than moderating their forums, so these are just my opinions.

King Richard said:
WarriorDad said:
would LOVE to see/purchase Brytenwalda.
leonrhodes1993 said:
I would also gladly pay extra for mods
Why would anyone pay for mods that are FREE
That would just destroy the console version of Warband
More than it already is
Other than the battle sizes, the console version is really good. Of course, with larger battle sizes and mods/dlcs, it could be a lot better

Goker said:
I would probably be fine with paying for mods if I wanted to play the game on console as well. But the reality is that mods on consoles are still a fairly new thing and there isn't a lot of room for them to grow yet. I think Bethesda created their own portal for mods, the reason for this is that whatever goes into consoles need to be checked. Who knows, people might just brick your console with a mod and neither Sony nor Microsoft would want to take responsibility for that. So checking the files beforehand is necessary. There is also a limit on file sizes. I think Xbox has a 2gb limit on all downloaded mods. There is also the issue that external applications used used to develop a mod do not work on consoles.

I doubt we'll see mods for Warband on consoles but it might be possible to port the existing DLCs. Selling mods would probably be really hard to do because they're not the property of TW and a deal would need to be made between them and the modmaker. Creating a portal for the mods might require some investment that a company like TW might not be able to handle. But DLCs should be relatively easier to handle.

Disclaimer: I am simply a volunteer moderator and have no relation to Taleworlds other than moderating their forums, so these are just my opinions.

Making a mod using external programs to work on xbox still works... the devs could easily just tell the people who is making the mod how to do it. Not much harder then that...

I don't know how it would work to be honest, and we might end up with Xbone getting the mods and PS4 not getting them. Sony is a bit of a jerk when it comes to their proprietary tech, which is why Fallout 4 and Skyrim Remastered likely aren't going to ever get mod support.

Microsoft is alright with mod support, but only if the mods that are supported meet their CoC as well as their T&Cs. So Taleworlds would have to spend quite a bit of time and money combing through the submitted mods to make sure that they comply before uploading them for us to enjoy. For Bethesda this requires an entire team of people specifically for the task.

I'm not sure if Taleworlds has the staff and infrastructure to pull it off. I'd be thrilled if I'm wrong, but I won't be getting my hopes up for mod support until we get official word otherwise.

Just played it on PS4, feels better IMO on TV than on my laptop (even with graphical mods!

But if I could have Gekokujo as a DLC that would be just awesome.

PS4 itself is a locked system so it won't allow for mods (I think) so the only option would be DLC.
Although PES 17 has an option (limited, but still) to edit game data by uploading fan made packages (not really mods, just textures / images / kits etc).

There is so much quality content created by players (and constantly kept updated), it would be a waste not to implement this to consoles.
May even make the creators some profits, I certainly  wouldn't mind paying a small amount for a quality mod / DLC.

I imagine they will eventually bring some of the bigger mods to console, and hopefully, they'll be free. Who knows when that'll be though.

As much as i love Mount and Blade the mods are what make it shine. No mods= vanilla  :lol:. Multiplayer might be interesting, but you cant feel the full scope of the game without the mods. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom