Fury of Odin Download (version 0.7) and information! Comments are welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Niiiice mod you have here.  :cool:

Now that the Khergits are no more, I find peace boring. Are the factions as provokable to start a war as in native?

The Mercenary said:
You're all wrong about the name for an Arbalestier. Oh, by the way, it's arbalestier.

It's just a bit of text, you don't need to spell lol if it's on it's own with a capital letter, or in full capital's.

Ambalon said:
Do you realize that post is one year old and Merc probably doesn't even remember posting it?
Merc is rarely active anyways, and never visits this board anymore. I remember when it was just me, her and Pali that visited this place regularly... With Tib eventually thrown in. Then Pali got banned, Merc ditched, and Gen'ral and Ambalon came along. Now General's gone, Tib is banned (note: not a bad thing :razz:) and Ambalon... Well, with Fall of Denial gone, he's pretty much the last ***** I have on these fora.  :sad:

I don't get whats the major difference between this and RoY? Is it only that it takes place in caldaria or is there more of a difference?

Xoatl_169 said:
I don't get whats the major difference between this and RoY? Is it only that it takes place in caldaria or is there more of a difference?
RoY is more of a total conversion, being that absolutely all factions are redone, as well as the map. I personally would recommend RoY over Fury of Odin, but nyeh. They're both kinda bad at the moment, but RoY will be fixed up nice and purdy for Warband.

Ruthven said:
Xoatl_169 said:
RoY is more of a total conversion, being that absolutely all factions are redone, as well as the map. I personally would recommend RoY over Fury of Odin, but nyeh. They're both kinda bad at the moment, but RoY will be fixed up nice and purdy for Warband.

Thats good to hear, i download that one cause the no horse and no crossbow thing really got me. Needs a little improvement though, like tides, faction patrols like in NE would be cool, and i noticed no mention of being able to be a king either also people are able to walk on the water in sea battles. Still really cool besides the weird tree thing that makes it hard to see letters. But you probably knew all that, I like all the different kinds of armor and units, kinda odd they are colorful but still pretty cool.

Why in Thor's name do you start with your inventory filled with wierd and totally OP stuff? Like the Masterwork Great Zweihander.
And why are there firearms?  :shock:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
ronin44 said:
Have this mod naval battles?
I buy a ship but i dont see any foe on sea that i fight with him.

Please, Ronin, use grammar.
So now, using the grammatical skills you should have honed so well in school, write that again.

God, what an incredibly petulant and patronising thing to say. Yes, I hate bad grammar too - but the guy was asking a simple question in a respectful tone, not spraying out "lol" and teh" just for the sake of it. Even after learning the guys first language is not English (which I'd say is pretty obvious from his post), you bluster about how its the forums fault for not having his language in the list, rather than just apologising for the misunderstanding, which would have made you look like a lot less of a ****. BTW, how many languages do YOU speak, with perfect grammar?

Nasferatu said:
why are you replieing to something over a year old? lol
People are still going to jail for being Nazis during the second world war, I think replying to a slightly less ancient post on a forum isn't exactly an unreasonable thing to do, especially considering that the one who posted it is still active.

Fisk said:
Why in Thor's name do you start with your inventory filled with wierd and totally OP stuff? Like the Masterwork Great Zweihander.
And why are there firearms?  :shock:
Why in Thor's name didn't you just ignore the "BEARCLAW!" option?

Ruthven said:
Nasferatu said:
People are still going to jail for being Nazis during the second world war, I think replying to a slightly less ancient post on a forum isn't exactly an unreasonable thing to do, especially considering that the one who posted it is still active.

Now I just imagined a super senile old man at court thinking hes at a pharmacy

"Now i shall direct your attention to this letter signed by the defendant dating to an incident in 1942"

"Tomato soup gives me gas that reminds me of the old jewlery store my grandmotehr worked at"

"..."

Ruthven said:
Nasferatu said:

My opinions are invalid

I've been visiting these forums for about 2 yrs now, and thanks to this thread i now am a proud, huge, bulging, loaded, and ready to explode member of these great forums and threads. I will now release onto you my mindjuice...
Just 2 questions-
1. How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, ifa woodchuck could-chuck wood?
2. Is there any new faces in this mod? I really want the missing/scar eye dude option.

BTW- Thanks for what seems to be a great MOD Ruth (haven't D-loaded it yet), and dont seem so depressed! I think it will be great!!!!!!111

Just D-loaded and was playing RoY (awesome btw and is prefered over Fury of Odin for true the Viking). Im just having one issue that is hard to get past. Its got a very choppy feel to it on the worldmap. Every 2 seconds there is a small 'hiccup'. I've not seen this in any other mod or in the vanilla. So im wondering if this is just a unlucky anomaly im seeing or if this is a known prob that just needs/has a fix.

Back
Top Bottom