Funny historic art

Users who are viewing this thread

:mrgreen:

vYspZb9.jpg

I noticed you but it took some time to write an answer (in the General History Questions thread)  :wink:

The answer includes some bashing of Traian's Column which is used as evidence for the picture you posted - which btw most certainly depicts metal segmentata we have evidence for and not leather segmentata which wouldn't even work if we would have any (! (!!!!!)) evidence for it.  :razz:

But I love to repeat myself just as I did in the other thread: You can't just come up with some crazy idea (not you, matmohair1, but mankind itself  :roll:) and then search for evidence for said idea and ignore everything else. Not every piece of leather found was part of some leather armour and not every strange looking peace of armour on a relief was made of leather. Science doesn't work that way.

:roll: because what your claiming isn't science to begin with?!

archaeology isn't a lab DNA test, we cant discover all the clues in existence
due to reuse and degradation, therefore its best to make the most of what
we already have - its an ongoing process

As far as I know (not a native speaker) archeology as well as history can be considered as part of social sciences (and others). But that's not my point. I could as well have written that academical knowledge isn't created that way.

Aside from that: Sometimes it's difficult to get good results in these fields of research. But this means that you have to to be extra careful in claiming certain things and be well aware of the methodology you use. On the other hand it means that you have to be willing to call bull**** on sloppy research.

I would propose to let this post alone and continue in the Lorica thread :wink:

Beny said:
Seriously where does this **** come from? Was this considered accurate or something? Maybe a grand metaphor?
According to a historical magazine article I read it was often a case of the writers (mostly monks) being bored.

Especially if they were writing copies.

Christ ascending into Heaven:

ja4jYQZ.png

There is nothing suspicious about this image.
Move along now.

Back
Top Bottom