Funny clothing bug

Users who are viewing this thread

TuranianGhazi

Sergeant
I'm not sure if you guys noticed it, but the other day I found a bug with clothing.

Normal, putting on a dress, just to mess with the game and see what the end result will be lol:
wtf3.jpg

Ahem ... the result:
wtf2.jpg

Apparently, my character has undergone modern sex change operation and is now a woman ...

It doesn't work for the girl though, all armors correspond to same shape, just dresses i guess
Gave me a good chuckle

It's been like this since the original M&B and early beta, that it's still like that, I usually consider a "easter egg" xD

Hehe yeah it is, nothing more kick ass than charging into battle with a big 2 handed sword and a wedding dress... as a male char.

Computer character do not "dress". Instead model of one part of dress is replaced with other model. Unless there are two models for each costume, one with male shape and second with female shape, character will end up changing shape with dress.

Yeah, I'm immensly glad they never fixed this... 's just one of those things that makes M&B... memorable :razz:

1Stalker1 said:
Are those real?

Uhm.. logically yes, why should we lie? I've tested it myself and chuckled a little when I found it out (gave Ymira some good armor and her dress was in my inventory, so before I discarded it, I decided to try it on and ... the result was funny.)

I like to attend the lords' fancy parties in a dress. They never seem to notice, or at least they're too polite to mention it - it would seem Calradia is more progressive than most modern countries, in that sense. :razz:

But yeah, this has been a funny little quirk ever since.. ever, really.

Lord: "Who are you?"
Cake: "My name is Cake, I came in peace for an important question that bothered my citizens for the the last 5 years."
Lord: "Well then, go ahead."
Cake: "Are those real?"

TuranianGhazi said:
Yeah, it's gotta be an "Easter Egg" of sorts, it's quite funny

Easter Egg is something the devs put in the game on purpose. The men-in-dresses thing is not an Easter Egg, because it's simply an glitch created by the armor-putting mechanism the devs didn't bother to fix.

In Original there was no difference in armor meshes between males and females. In Warband, however, there is. Sure, it's not chainmail bikini - after all M&B does try to be as realistic as possible - but you can still see a feminine figure. It's more noticeable on clothes and pad-based armors - plate armors and the likes are still one-figure-fits-all, for obvious reasons.

Now, the dresses are a different story. They have the same mesh for both males and females, so males will have a feminine figure if they wear them. From that we can learn that the devs didn't bother to put a gender limit on them(would require some extra programing, as that would be the first item to have gender limit) or make a joke male mesh(Fable anyone?)

someboddy said:
TuranianGhazi said:
Yeah, it's gotta be an "Easter Egg" of sorts, it's quite funny

Easter Egg is something the devs put in the game on purpose. The men-in-dresses thing is not an Easter Egg, because it's simply an glitch created by the armor-putting mechanism the devs didn't bother to fix.

In Original there was no difference in armor meshes between males and females. In Warband, however, there is. Sure, it's not chainmail bikini - after all M&B does try to be as realistic as possible - but you can still see a feminine figure. It's more noticeable on clothes and pad-based armors - plate armors and the likes are still one-figure-fits-all, for obvious reasons.

Now, the dresses are a different story. They have the same mesh for both males and females, so males will have a feminine figure if they wear them. From that we can learn that the devs didn't bother to put a gender limit on them(would require some extra programing, as that would be the first item to have gender limit) or make a joke male mesh(Fable anyone?)

There actually was a slight difference between male and female in the original for most of the armors; not much, but still noticeable. One of the things that initially drew me to M&B was that, although you could tell from the armor that, yes, that was a woman under there, it didn't go the route of so many games (I'm looking at you, WoW) and make the armor look like a completely different and sketchier piece of equipment.

Ricox said:
1Stalker1 said:
Are those real?

Uhm.. logically yes, why should we lie? I've tested it myself and chuckled a little when I found it out (gave Ymira some good armor and her dress was in my inventory, so before I discarded it, I decided to try it on and ... the result was funny.)

Exactly lol ... that's Ymira's dress I ummm "tried" on lol

Back
Top Bottom