Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all,

I'm on day 1600 of a main quest campaign and I have been elected king of Vlandia after Derthert passed of old age. I like it and all, but not only is it expensive to maintain my parties, troops, etc, I feel like I'm running out of things to do. I never was all that interested in conquering the entire continent, if that doesn't sound strange, so other than just trading punches with Battania and the Western Empire, I lock myself in the Smithy and make/collect really nice crafted weapons.

What I sometimes do with save games is Save As at pivotal moments of decision making in order to have several playthroughs that vary slightly like "What If"? A few examples of this save:

- Elected King of Vlandia versus Abstaining or abdicating rulership.
- (Before Derthert died) Leaving Vlandia and starting a rebellion as the "Swadians" in the northern part of Vlandia.
- Starting/supporting an Imperial faction with the dragon banner as opposed to a Vlandian cultured late game.

I was thinking of a playthrough where I leave Vlandia with my clan members and essentially go rogue to siege a random city out by the borders of Sturgia/Khuzait/N. Empire and carve a multicultural realm out, awarding my long standing companions with titles and a house.

Anyways, a few questions for the community for those who feel they've reached the near limit of enjoyable things in their campaign:

1) What kind of new, fun, or interesting things have you been trying in your late game to spice it up?
2) If you start a new game, what sort of unique or different play styles or approaches have you been trying?

PS: I use mods as well, so open to mods that add or change mechanics for spice or flavor.

tldr: Bored as king, what other fun things do you guys do with your campaign?

There are no other things to do.
All you can do in the late game is battle after battle after battle against an endless horde of AI zombies.

I was afraid people would say that; I think there are some creative players out there though. A few playthroughs I've begun or will attempt, but still want to hear other peoples ideas!

- Aserai businessman & bandit. Owns loads of workshops and caravans in the desert, but attacks or extorts caravans of other factions that he comes into contact with

- (Current side playthrough) Sturgian mercenary captain that has mostly high tier infantry troops, such as Varyag Veterans and Sea Raiders. Mercs himself out to the empire acting as a sort of Varangian Guard.

I was afraid people would say that; I think there are some creative players out there though. A few playthroughs I've begun or will attempt, but still want to hear other peoples ideas!

- Aserai businessman & bandit. Owns loads of workshops and caravans in the desert, but attacks or extorts caravans of other factions that he comes into contact with

- (Current side playthrough) Sturgian mercenary captain that has mostly high tier infantry troops, such as Varyag Veterans and Sea Raiders. Mercs himself out to the empire acting as a sort of Varangian Guard.
Your playthrough ideas seem already nice to try out.
I have enjoyed playing as a big Sturgian character, leading infantry troops only. Even more fun with pike brace.
@Reiksmarshal also shared a nice melee build here.

Some other ideas:

Aserai merchant. Main attributes are social and intelligence and almost no fighting skills (except riding maybe). Main target should be the last trade perk and become the richest (and most powerful) person in the realm.

Reunifite the Empire. Try to conquer all the fiefs tagged with an empire culture. You could use the Eagle Rising mod for even more immersion.

Khuzait rogue. Main attribute is cunning + riding and bow skills. Focus on gang leaders quests. Become a mercenary, raid villages, caravans etc... You can try my mod if you want (check my signature) and expand a little bit more the rogue experience.

You can try my mod if you want (check my signature) and expand a little bit more the rogue experience.

I don't see your mod or signature. Let me know if you fix it.

I like those suggestions as well. I just downloaded My Little Warband in order to create unique troops. I'm thinking of a Norse-Imperial hybrid; nordic equipment but uniform in nature and the use of sword, shield, and throwing spears to build off my my Sturgians time and experience serving the empire.

There's no different things in mid/late game. Things are only continuing because you are being lazy and not making progress.
Only the beginning of the game is different and only a little bit.
First you get some money somehow, it doesn't matter how and how isn't changing the game, it's the same ****, you're playing slower when you think "oh wow I'm a trader, I gonna make money trading, THEN build a army" it's the same **** it doesn't matter, that's just spending more time being slow (but some people know how to do this fast...).
Join a faction>leave a faction > make a faction, join a faction > become ruler, Join a faction >leave a faction > stay a solo clan
Solo> Take a town make a faction, Solo> Take a town, take 10 more don't make a faction, Solo > take only rebel towns
Solo> Kill everyone get all the fiefs at once THE END
Or some combination of these event, all end in the same situation eventually.

There's no different stuff, only worse and worse stuff and slower stuff, this goes for factions, troops, character builds, all of it.
There's good units and crappy units and the only difference is crappy units die more and take longer to finish battles, that's it, no gameplay change, just additional suck,
There's good places to start a faction and there's "Piper on the BBC couch" places, only difference is how soon you get multiple war declarations. Either way you end up in the same situation eventually.
There's some particular perks you can get that have helpful effects, or you can miss them, there's no special builds, just crappy builds and builds that know what perks are actually good. There's no "my special style" it's just incompetency or not.

I don't see your mod or signature. Let me know if you fix it.
Sorry I meant on my profile.
I like those suggestions as well. I just downloaded My Little Warband in order to create unique troops. I'm thinking of a Norse-Imperial hybrid; nordic equipment but uniform in nature and the use of sword, shield, and throwing spears to build off my my Sturgians time and experience serving the empire.
Sounds good too.
You may start as a simple soldier (using the mod Serve as Soldier).

It's like England in 1600AD saying "I've been fighting wars and conquering for years and years, now what do I do?"

The same again?

Where is India in the Bannerlord world?

I did a couple of playthroughs with an Aserai merchant character who basically does not interfere into kingdom politics at all, just making money and grinding Trade until I can buy fiefs. Then I buy them from the other kingdoms, one by one, until I take over the entire map. Obviously, the more you have, the faster you can afford the next one, but there's also some room for strategy here - fiefs that have just been besieged, or better yet looted, or generally frontline ones with villages that are constantly raided, can be relatively cheap. And, since I'm not involved in any wars, they recover pretty fast.

The amusing part about it is that you can be a single clan - not a kingdom, even - and yet fully control the map. Not only that, but AI kingdoms don't declare war on you if you're not a kingdom yourself, so you don't ever have to fight one; only skeleton garrisons are necessary to boost Security, and all the money this saves can be invested into the fiefs and caravans (which are also a lot more profitable when they're not molested by enemy lords). Similarly, all the XP clan members earn can be invested into Trade, Steward, Charm, Smithing etc, without even bothering with any combat-related attributes and skills, since the most dangerous enemies you'll be facing are bandits and deserters.

In the other playthrough, I only bought out the Aserai fiefs, and declared my own kingdom in its place. Then got all the Aserai clans except for the ruling one to join mine, using their own former fiefs as enticement. So, effectively taking over the Aserai kingdom from within as an oligarch of sorts. Of course, at that point, other kingdoms start declaring war at you etc - but it all takes long enough that you have kids all grown up by then. And for those kids, you can dump all their XP into combat- and army-related skills, and they also get the best weapons and armor money can buy from the get go, and crafted uber-items where applicable. Thus, your kingdom eventually gets a new ruler that can effectively expand it by the sword, and a bunch of martial nobles for that ruler to form the core of their army. From there it's straight-up conquest.

There are no other things to do.
All you can do in the late game is battle after battle after battle against an endless horde of AI zombies.
Yep ?
honestly I await taleworlds launch, hoping they fixed most of the bugs and missing feature… and then i will find a good total conversion mod and hope i have fun.

For now i restart again and again as i only enjoy building op the char and when i have a kingdom and it all just turns to endless war i hit reset.. tries new mods(troops convertion, calradia kingdoms, eagle rising, only buying fief vs. only conquer etc.,, but that just me

I did a couple of playthroughs with an Aserai merchant character who basically does not interfere into kingdom politics at all, just making money and grinding Trade until I can buy fiefs. Then I buy them from the other kingdoms, one by one, until I take over the entire map. Obviously, the more you have, the faster you can afford the next one, but there's also some room for strategy here - fiefs that have just been besieged, or better yet looted, or generally frontline ones with villages that are constantly raided, can be relatively cheap. And, since I'm not involved in any wars, they recover pretty fast.

The amusing part about it is that you can be a single clan - not a kingdom, even - and yet fully control the map. Not only that, but AI kingdoms don't declare war on you if you're not a kingdom yourself, so you don't ever have to fight one; only skeleton garrisons are necessary to boost Security, and all the money this saves can be invested into the fiefs and caravans (which are also a lot more profitable when they're not molested by enemy lords). Similarly, all the XP clan members earn can be invested into Trade, Steward, Charm, Smithing etc, without even bothering with any combat-related attributes and skills, since the most dangerous enemies you'll be facing are bandits and deserters.

In the other playthrough, I only bought out the Aserai fiefs, and declared my own kingdom in its place. Then got all the Aserai clans except for the ruling one to join mine, using their own former fiefs as enticement. So, effectively taking over the Aserai kingdom from within as an oligarch of sorts. Of course, at that point, other kingdoms start declaring war at you etc - but it all takes long enough that you have kids all grown up by then. And for those kids, you can dump all their XP into combat- and army-related skills, and they also get the best weapons and armor money can buy from the get go, and crafted uber-items where applicable. Thus, your kingdom eventually gets a new ruler that can effectively expand it by the sword, and a bunch of martial nobles for that ruler to form the core of their army. From there it's straight-up conquest.
Seems nice to try out! (y)

Back
Top Bottom