FULL-Version+SUBMOD 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.4 New!

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is a link for the Patch 1.3 for 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.0 Version. Put the files from the Textures and Resource folder from the Patch into your Texture and Resource folder at your 1257 Repolished Version 1.0 Module folder.
(you need the full version from above)
-It does fix all Borders, Horses and Shaders, the game looks to good now. :smile:

https://mega.nz/#!wsU3yBAQ!l_x-082jasMnUXpZxCK_Zuccfl-Lj1_p7HD_eDz8Mac

NOTE:I had to upload the Patch again so it is now called 1.3  -It has the new shaders in it and i corrected the Resource Folder name  :oops: :grin: for easy copy and paste, the game looks even better now!  :party: :fruity:

Hello,

I'd like to increase the number of reinforcement waves. I tried using TweakMB, but it seems that it doesn't work anymore cause setting the value to 100 had no effect.

Do you know which lines to edit? I need this for both field battles and sieges, cause it's infuriating when you defeat 1.6k guys in one go and then the game decides to split the rest (35(!) troops) so that all enemy lords are below 10% hp and you have no chance to capture. On top of that you don't get XP for the fight, only for the kills. That's complete nonsense and needs to be gone from my game asap :smile:

Thanks

Hi again, I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the original 1257AD or this specific sub mod since I've only every played this sub mod, but I've found that there's a specific type of Caparisoned Destier that seems to be see through.

Here's a pic:
tSh0eCE.jpg

It's the one that Guillaume de Chateauneuf (Grandmaster of the Knights Hospitaller) uses. Some Knights Hospitaller lance units also use this "ghost" horse.

Here is a link for the Patch 1.4 for 1257AD 1.13AP Repolished 1.0 Version. Put the files from the Textures and Resource folder from the Patch into your Texture and Resource folder at your 1257 Repolished Version 1.0 Module folder.
(you need the full version from above, page.1)

-It does fix even more all Borders, Horses and Shaders
-NEW Ground Texture for the Desert and Paths.
-Knights Hospitaller Ghost horses are fixed, too!  :party:

https://mega.nz/#!Rh9gGaob!beoL9Z7xFk8UFJy5eHJKtGyk9PPVnLy3_7WijEXAexA

Thx everyone for the feedback, i will try ma best to check here from time to time and fix or add stuff, how and when i can.
So enjoy the new Patch upload, there is hopefully more to come. :wink:

@DeSoto

Here you can find the battlesizer.exe it is a nice tool. Wich you can best control after install with the arrow keys for perfect adjustment. Go to the following link.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

Thanks for the link HooTmAn, but I'm already using that tool and afaik all it does is increase general battle size. It does not affect reinforcement waves (or at least only indirectly by making the waves larger), but the number of waves remain unchanged.

I can't complete a single large battle in one go as it is, even battles against only 300 guys are broken up into at least 2 sub-battles. That's really annoying, cause I have to redo the troop positioning all over again each time.

Can the 1.4 patch be applied to an ongoing game without breaking the saves?

Yes it is save game compatible with AD Repolished 1.0 so on.

Here at this page you can find how to edit reinforcements waves for yourself at the text files https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=46290.0

That's a really really old collection of links and and I can't even find the mentioned "2147483678 2 144115188075856126" in either Native or 1257AD mission_templates.txt anymore.
Quote from the second to last post in that thread: "Many of the listed tweaks throughout this thread are outdated and no longer applicable. I've had a lot of "fun" figuring out what line is where when the one provided no longer exists. Even more so when the header isn't provided, making any attempt to determine what the new code is impossible without the module system."

There must be something more recent regarding this, no idea why there isn't a stickied thread about changing the most important parameters of the mod. Instead we have several roleplaying threads pinned to the top :neutral: Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on those, but they are nowhere near as important as gameplay/modding related threads.

Btw, do you think that some of your graphical changes might have a negative impact on stability? I get pretty frequent crashes (mostly runtime/exception errors, which points towards ram shortage), especially after larger battles. I'm playing with Battle Sizer, but hardly had any problems with the regular angry peasants edition. I pretty much have to save/reload after every 3-4 battles or so, otherwise a crash is very likely. It almost seems like a memory leak, the game adds new data without discarding the old one. I might even crash trying to enter one of my manors after a mid-sized battle, that's completely new behaviour for me, never had that happen with prior versions.
EDIT: I changed around some options to see whether they make any difference and "Load textures on demand" did the trick - no more crashes so far. Which is a bit weird, cause this option gave me problems before. So give it a try if you have the same problems like I did.

Have you made any changes to the way town cultures work in this patch? I'm asking because I've been playing as the Mamluks and after gaining favor through service to the Sultan he granted me a fief captured from the Crusader States. The village (Jaffa) itself had levies from the Mamluks, but when I built a manor and upgraded it to a castle the levies were only Western European troops. Also, after conquering Palestine and the Levant, the cities formerly owned by the Crusader States still produced Western European equipment, and the Mamluk nobility began raising Western European troops.

Basically, is city culture in this mod unchangeable or does it change based on the faction owning the city?

I understand if making these kinds of changes may not be ideal for every theater of the game, so if you know how to make changes to the scripts or something so that I could just make this change for my game on my own (I have virtually no knowledge of coding but know how to copy and paste lines in particular locations) I would greatly appreciate any help.

There are a few features i hope can make it into another update

- expand the map into caucasia (Armenia,Georgia,Azerbaijan)

- political map, that little report widget that is featured in native. really would like to see who controls what from the reports screen, it's just a useful little tool.

- quality of life change: in the kidnapped girl quest, make her automatically join your group once you've ransomed her or killed her captors

Those are my personal suggestions but perhaps you may think otherwise. Anyway, I'm addicted to this mod and cant stop playing it, it's so good! love you <3

Expanding the map to an even bigger size might not be a good idea. It already feels like it is more than the engine can handle at times. Remember that you would also need to add a sizeable number of new settlements to fill the space with. Then you need new lords and factions and all that will drag performance down and make it probably unplayable for some people.

If anything he should try to make the attacking force use ranged weapons in sieges again, I'm still perplexed that I'm the only one who keeps bringing this up. Is nobody else bothered by that? It turns sieges into a laughing matter and makes you basically invincible.

does it push the engine? my game's been working fine. P.S. I'm using gaming computer so i'm a bit ignorant of how the game performs normally

@NaikJoy
sry, no. i work on an other Mod right now. So next update some where in da future.

@Naama123
Actually it shouldn't push the performance, there isn't really anything that would have an impact. I play this Mod with battle size 220.
About the other stuff you asked for:
-no
-no
-hmm, maybe

@swaguelclemens
-Sry, i don't want or have time to change that and it is a "native 1257 AD" bug, thing. sry

@DeSoto
Hmm, can't you actually change the waves at the Mod options in game? Otherwise i have np but i am not sure if i changed it for me one day.^^
It is always gud to have load textures on demand, set to on.

Have a good winter time everyone!  :mrgreen: :fruity: :party:

oh, I know another thing. change the names of the lords of Holy Roman Empire. The names are so long and similar.

Heinrich III, SchutzeScher der bla bla

could you make it so their names don't include the places they have power over.

HooTmAn said:
@swaguelclemens
-Sry, i don't want or have time to change that and it is a "native 1257 AD" bug, thing. sry

Then do you know of any way to just edit a settlement's culture in the save files or something? I tried a few things but I ended up just ruining a save file (luckily not the main one I was playing on.)

love your mod, the vast land and awesome graphics/artwork in battle and all...

I do have two issues (if you will) I could use help with:

1) I am trying to combine your mod with this one I am also in love with another mod that replaces female face and hair (by Adeline and Waswar). It sorta works - female face and hair come out just fine, which is obviously the most important thing for me  :lol: but the hair color is stuck in bleached greyish. some of the male faces are whited out, and some others have some clipping with headgear. I can live with this but would be nice if I could get this fixed.

2) More often than than not, I get a CTD upon selecting "charge into battle". I have tried most of the regularly suggested crash prevention tips and none of it came through. I don't have this problem with any of my other mods (modules) I have tried thusfar. I am still early into my first campaign, and it is a bit frustrating to see how I just barely manage to defeat a fully armed knight in the first round of my tourney, only to CTD regardless of the outcome. I wonder if this is somehow related to 1)

Other than that, a truly great mod with a ton of new stuff added to the vanilla version!

EDIT: I fixed this by using Virake's Male and Female Face Replacer Compilation. No more CTDs after the first round of tourneys!

HooTmAn said:
sry for the late reply. The armies from the Manor do not join you into the battle, this is a 1257AD thing. They never did join me in a siege battle, too.
They are there, only to Protect and Serve! ^^

Pretty sure I have them join me in battle.  I will try and test in a siege. I don't have this mod yet, so I am curious about this issue.

Wow, good job on the music, I really like what youve done with the Polishing. Just a light touch here-and-there but just the right amount!

Back
Top Bottom