[Full Suggestion] Eastern Religions Update

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn

Master Knight
I have posted a hint also on the Discord server for this update of the mod. Basically it implies replacing/remastering the current Ancient Greece theme with Hindu, Buddhist and Bon theme. This mainly because in these traditions "Fierce/Wrathful" Deities and Spirits can act as protectors of mankind against Demons, thus providing a much more adapt context for the Antihero Questline.

This suggestion has been inspired mainly by the books of Alexandra David-Néel on Tibet and some mythological Indian films, most of all Adharvam(1989).

I am also thinking about the fact that some things might remain from current game. I.e. Hades has Cerberus, a three headed dog, Yama has two Four-Eyed Dogs and so on. Some themes which are recurrent can remain.

DEITIES

Yama, the Vedic God of Death can be a "replacement" for Hades, invading from the underworld.
544-savitris-defeat-of-the-god-of-death-yama-PC86J8.jpg

Instead of Poseidon you have Kali, one of the most powerful Hindu Goddesses. You fight the Blood Fountain and demons in Her service, as she is the goddess who fights demons violently. Also, remaining on the context, instead of Manhunters you have Thuggees, the real followers of Kali.
b006a39526e6f2c8eb14e6ed06238c69.jpg

Finally, instead of Zeus you have Rudra, the original vedic Shiva, equivalent of Odin, Early Roman Quirinus and Mycenean Poseidon and supreme deity of Shaiva and Tantra traditions. In Hindu mythology, Shiva rewards all those who do penance and austerity by boons and Astras (divine weapons), same principle as Zeus in the mod. Being a supreme deity, different peoples will refer to him by different names. Swadians call him Quirinus, Rhodoks call him Phos Eidon, Nords call him Odr, Vaegirs call him Rod and Khergits Ülgen Bey. Rudra, his Sanskrit name is given as original name.

DIVINE ARTIFACTS
1. Divine Halo - Former Helm of Prometheus. Godlike helmet given by Shiva.
Gandhara_Buddha_%28tnm%29.jpeg

2. Shiva-Kavacha - Armor of Shiva that you are given instead of Skyclad.

3. Vajra - Thunderbolts, renamed "Fire of the Gods. Maybe also slightly remodeled with the handle to look like below:
91HVONxIrML._SX425_.jpg

4. Trishula - Renamed Poseidon's Trident.

5. Mace of Yama - Replaces Hematite, the Sword of Hades. (See Yama picture for the shape).

THUGGEES AND DACOITS
Thuggees are the new replacement for Manhunters. They are the followers of Kali who fight against demons. The Manhunters have their own troop tree and start from low tier, weak units armed with knives and throwing stones to powerful, high tier ones armed with lamellar armor and powerful weapons.
The Dacoits are a new type of bandits who serve (either Imhotep or Ishtar... you choose). They are mounted and use a lot of firearms

NAGAS
Stheno questline will lead you to the discovery of Patala/Naga loka. Nagas are an underworld civilization of snake people who stand neutral in the war between Demons and Deities. They take the side you take.
Bhuvanesvar.jpg

ISHTAR
You should expand her story line and maybe give her an unique look based on burney reliefs.

YAKSHIS
Yakshis are female spirits, attendants of Kubera, lord of Earth and Wealth and bestower of Siddhis(magical powers). Yakshinis are a frequent motif of indian art and sculptures. Galatea might be changed to a statue animated by an Yakshini spirit. I'd say she is inhabited by the spirit of Lakshmi (who is both Goddess and Yakshini) and her background story is like that of Dewi Sri (Javanese Lakshmi).
Bhutesvara_Yakshis_Mathura_reliefs_2nd_century_CE_front.jpg

VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES
Vampires and Werewolves start as aligned with the Blood Fountain and Rudra respectively but can change allegiance through quests. Turning the vampires into Rudra's side might include a questline of riddles, similar to the Baital Pachisi.

DEMON
Currently there are three demon troops in the mod, which I suggest changing to:
Pishacha - the new Demon. I would slight visual changes to make them look better, but the general outline would be something between the current Demon and the image below:
nikolay-moskvin-28-nikolay-moskvin.jpg

Maras - the replacement for Keres. Mara is a Hindu/Buddhist arch-demon but also a class of germanic female spirits. These would be violent, succubus-like demons, but not real Succubi (which would be Respite and Nepenthe). The current model is good but I'd say these models from the Might and Magic series might help you improve it:
1401032994_1275931_10151856493689588_1448124203_o.jpg

Rakshasa - These would replace the Destroyers. I'd suggest give an appearance more like the image below, though not blue of color but either black or red. Rakshasas would have 3 eyes, four arms and tusks and fangs. They would wear clothes ornated with human skulls and bones.
yulia-misyul-boss-concept-rakshasa.jpg

GHOSTS, SPIRITS AND SHADES
The terms "Homunculus", "Shadow Knight" and "Royal Guard" need to be changed. Names can be taken from any culture as long as they are more serious/scary. Persian Div/Daeva could be a good idea for Shadow Knight or Royal Guard.

Kilas would be a new type of unit you would be able to make after learning technique from Khergit Shamans. Several ritual weapons can be animated as Poltergeists (similar to the Sword of Dracula) using a Philosopher Stone. Phurbas would be the weakest ones (Small ritual daggers). Kris Swords would be the 2nd, stronger and Parashu Axes the 3rd and Strongest.
il_570xN.1756371888_187d.jpg

464816519f3d4e749b90dffd7cf1355c.jpg

image-asset.png

Back
Top Bottom