Full release

Users who are viewing this thread

Voxdalian

Recruit
Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the early access release. Patch 1.7.2 seems to have been a huge one and from my perspective the game looks nearly finished.
Would tomorrow be the right time for full release? Development, fixes and balancing, as well as adding or changing minor things, could simply continue afterwards, but I think full release could attract more attention and that now is the right time for it. Just my view.

I don't think it's ready for full release without private servers and you can bet your sweet bippy that ranked is going to be bugged, so it'll take some time to polish it as well.

from my perspective the game looks nearly finished.
This can only be the perspective of someone who's never actually played Bannerlord. For all the improvements since the start of Early Access, the game isn't anywhere near finished. That is if Taleworlds holds itself to *any* standard.

Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the early access release. Patch 1.7.2 seems to have been a huge one and from my perspective the game looks nearly finished.
Would tomorrow be the right time for full release? Development, fixes and balancing, as well as adding or changing minor things, could simply continue afterwards, but I think full release could attract more attention and that now is the right time for it. Just my view.

The fact you think this game is even close to being considered ready for a full release is actually scary....

why do you guys think that its going to be released on the 30th? Just like so many people thought that covid would end on 12/31/2021. There could be a riot if the game released on the 30th. One of which I am not a part of. The game should not even be close to finished. The latest playthough, I just got dragged around by Sturgia for in-game days on end. They finally siege a castle, build all the equipment, have a campaign map siege weapons fight. Leave to the nearest village and return. Rinse and repeat. The base game is very boring.

The base game is very boring.

The only real problem I have with the game is this. The map is so devoid of variety it actually makes Sid Meier's Pirates! (one of my favourite games and an inspiration for Mount and Blade) deep by comparison. I made a thread about it some time ago and it seems nothing has changed since then. A huge missed opportunity in my view.

Patch 1.7.2 seems to have been a huge one and from my perspective the game looks nearly finished.
giphy.gif

Check out this thread.

There are many many serious problems that need fixing before the game can be considered "finished", multiple features that need to be added in order for Bannerlord to be a good sequel to Warband, and a handful of features which Taleworlds said was going to be in Bannerlord and have not yet delivered.

That list is only ~40% of the way to being finished, and it's taken them a year to reach that 40% mark. So near completion would probably take around another year at least.

Sure minor bugs can be fixed after release, but it should not release in its current broken state.

Last edited:
Perhaps 2.0 will be thought for release? Momentary nearly all is still more designed for testing, and ok... i still like to test :smile:
But if the momentary version would be called nearly finished i would be more than only disappointed, that would be a surprise... a bad one.

But if the momentary version would be called nearly finished i would be more than only disappointed, that would be a surprise... a bad one.
But it´s really nearly finished, there isn´t much to come now. But TW will need at least 3 more months to add all "confirmed" features from their "roadmap".

If they decide to release it before they add banners then they should at least change the name of the game to "Mount and Blade 2: Lords" or as I would suggest "Mount and Blade 2: Wait for the good mods"

But it´s really nearly finished, there isn´t much to come now. But TW will need at least 3 more months to add all "confirmed" features from their "roadmap".

If they decide to release it before they add banners then they should at least change the name of the game to "Mount and Blade 2: Lords" or as I would suggest "Mount and Blade 2: Wait for the good mods"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes the 'bannerlord' title would be wrong also from my point of view . Ok in german (perhaps not only in german...) term the word 'banner' stands also for a small knights organisational unit.
No 'flags' needed :grin: (would be saaaaaad)
And par example sea warfare seems to be something for modders if i remember a mod-development.
Sure for some modders it would be perhaps better if now comes a called final version and they would 'finish' bannerlord like it should be.
But that has anyway more a bad aftertaste !?

I don't think it's ready for full release without private servers and you can bet your sweet bippy that ranked is going to be bugged, so it'll take some time to polish it as well.
Never played online, so I can't say anything about that. Good to know, I suppose.

This can only be the perspective of someone who's never actually played Bannerlord. For all the improvements since the start of Early Access, the game isn't anywhere near finished. That is if Taleworlds holds itself to *any* standard.
If you don't think the game is good, why do you play it, and if you don't play it, how do you know it's not good?
In my view it's very good, I don't know what your expectations were, but mine have been met.
Yeah, the campaign could use a lot more work, but does anyone even care about the story in a Mount and Blade game? The gameplay is there, the perks are there, it's been a long time since I encountered any bugs at all, the world is beautiful, the factions are balanced. That's all, isn't it?

why do you guys think that its going to be released on the 30th? Just like so many people thought that covid would end on 12/31/2021. There could be a riot if the game released on the 30th. One of which I am not a part of. The game should not even be close to finished. The latest playthough, I just got dragged around by Sturgia for in-game days on end. They finally siege a castle, build all the equipment, have a campaign map siege weapons fight. Leave to the nearest village and return. Rinse and repeat. The base game is very boring.
You say "you guys", but I seem to be the only one in favour.
Also, I'm not on your continent, but on my side of the Atlantic nobody thought corona was going to be over anytime soon, at least nobody I know.
The problem of AI acting silly is one that was in Warband as well, show me one game in general where AI behaves like humans would ...

Also, I'm not on your continent, but on my side of the Atlantic nobody thought corona was going to be over anytime soon
Does your side of the Atlantic happen to be straight down south, where there's only Antarctica and its many scientists? If not, there's no such continent.

Does your side of the Atlantic happen to be straight down south, where there's only Antarctica and its many scientists? If not, there's no such continent.
The person I was responding to was from the west side of the Atlantic, recognisable by his way of writing the date. I'm from the east side, and as I said "at least nobody I know" thought corona was going to end anytime soon. I've only seen people on the internet mention it, but internet people aren't real. Everyone I know, and even everyone I've heard through someone I know either said nothing or said "a few years", or "we'll just live with it", or "2024" (that's what many experts have said, so that's what I hear most people refer to).
Not that it's very important, and the topic doesn't even belong here.

If you don't think the game is good, why do you play it, and if you don't play it, how do you know it's not good?
In my view it's very good, I don't know what your expectations were, but mine have been met.
Yeah, the campaign could use a lot more work, but does anyone even care about the story in a Mount and Blade game? The gameplay is there, the perks are there, it's been a long time since I encountered any bugs at all, the world is beautiful, the factions are balanced. That's all, isn't it?
How about you actually read what I said? I never said that it's not good. I said that it's not finished. And if you're worried whether I played it enough, I think 300+ hours spent in bannerlord is enough to be able to judge whether it's finished or not. And it isn't.

How about you actually read what I said? I never said that it's not good. I said that it's not finished. And if you're worried whether I played it enough, I think 300+ hours spent in bannerlord is enough to be able to judge whether it's finished or not. And it isn't.
The amount of hours doesn't say much about having played it.
You could have just had it open. But more importantly, if you played 300 hours in the first month, your experience is vastly different from someone who played 300 hours in the last month, or someone who played 300 hours across the 2 years of development and also has 300 hours in Warband throughout its early access period. Though in the last case 300 hours would be rather little, considering what the game actually is, so I expect it's one of the first two options, or someone with a very casual experience throughout who doesn't really know what the game is and just isn't into the genre so much, but then you wouldn't be on the forum I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom