Full release

Users who are viewing this thread

The amount of hours doesn't say much about having played it.
You could have just had it open. But more importantly, if you played 300 hours in the first month, your experience is vastly different from someone who played 300 hours in the last month, or someone who played 300 hours across the 2 years of development and also has 300 hours in Warband throughout its early access period. Though in the last case 300 hours would be rather little, considering what the game actually is, so I expect it's one of the first two options, or someone with a very casual experience throughout who doesn't really know what the game is and just isn't into the genre so much, but then you wouldn't be on the forum I suppose.
I actively played the game since day one, in fairly regular intervals, so the playtime is more or less evenly spread out.

But all of that is pretty much irrelevant. The game is not finished, and you could just as easily tell after 30, or even 3 hours of gameplay. So saying that TW could reasonably tweak a few things and call it a day is, to me, ludicrous.

I actively played the game since day one, in fairly regular intervals, so the playtime is more or less evenly spread out.

But all of that is pretty much irrelevant. The game is not finished, and you could just as easily tell after 30, or even 3 hours of gameplay. So saying that TW could reasonably tweak a few things and call it a day is, to me, ludicrous.
You're assuming that at full release, development stops. That's not true at all. Development of a game stops when support stops, that's when the game is declared dead.

You're assuming that at full release, development stops. That's not true at all. Development of a game stops when support stops, that's when the game is declared dead.
Games get feature locked at a certain point - so in that sense they really do stop development of anything of significance. My feelings are that this has already happened

Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the early access release. Patch 1.7.2 seems to have been a huge one and from my perspective the game looks nearly finished.

There's still a lot to do. Bugs are an issue.

There's missing features like cut scenes, and many people seem to want feasts.

Some issues like balancing armor, in my opinion should be addressed. I would like to see a better AI if possible.

Making the game coherent with itself and balanced in an interesting way would SEEM like a requirement for a proper full release.

But it seems TW will show us otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom