Full Release - PC & Console

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord_release_website.png

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

We’re thrilled to announce that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will release on PC & Consoles on October 25th, 2022. It will be available on Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

We have developed Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord as a multi-platform game since day one. The console version will as such have the same gameplay features as the PC version. The currently available PC Early Access, will also move on to full release, along with the console launch on the same date. But do not fret - While this marks an important milestone for the game, it is not the end of the road for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, which will keep receiving updates in the months to come.

“These two years have been a long and challenging road. Developing a massive and complex game such as Bannerlord, for several platforms, and in the middle of a pandemic, is no easy task and I’m incredibly proud of our team for its relentless, brilliant work. Despite the challenges, it’s also been a rewarding path: we’ve found many synergies that we weren’t initially expecting between consoles and PC, synergies that have made the game grow and be better than it would have been in other circumstances. We’re looking forward to putting the game in the hands of our amazing community, which has been supporting us on consoles since Warband.”
~ Armagan Yavuz

We’ve also made our way to this year’s Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. The Covid-19 pandemic meant that the physical part of Gamescom had to be canceled during the last two years. This, in combination with the opportunity to showcase and let you experience Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on consoles, makes us all the more excited to be meeting you here again. You can join us at the Gamescom Public Area in Hall 9, Booth 22. We will also be present in the Business Area in Hall 4.

We will be sharing daily updates of what’s happening on-site through our social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook). We’ll have some rewards to give out so stay tuned!

The game is available for pre-order now via the Playstation and Xbox stores as well as major retailers.

In addition to the above, you may check this very thread daily for some Gamescom on-site photos. Here’s the first behind-the-scenes pack!

IMG_2240.jpg

Public Area Booth

IMG_2243.jpg

Business Area Booth

IMG_2246.jpg

Any idea what's missing from this photo???

Oh.

Oh you got me good, Taleworlds. I'll give you that!

All of these years making us all think you were actually trying to make a worthy successor to Warband, or a worthy game at all. The countless times we were told our opinions and our feedback mattered, and it didn't, but we were kept being asked for it to make it seem like you were doing that. The countless times we were told that this and that would happen, and it didn't, to shut us up long enough to pull this off. All of those times I gave praise or hope ultimately came to this incredibly disappointing decision. And all of this—the lied about features, incomplete features and dumbing down—was done for what? Console releases! I'd be ashamed of myself for buying this game if I wasn't more humored by the fact that I fell for it.

I would ask for my money back for the many lies I was told about at purchase, but we all know that's fruitless. Live and let learn, I suppose. And oh boy, did I learn a lesson about TW.
Calm down. It's more than a worthy successor of Warband, albeit over 10 years later. The game has throughout early access improved quite a bit based on community feedback, maybe they didn't add your dreams you posted somewhere but that doesn't mean anything except that they obviously can't add everything. Some features were scrapped, other still waiting to be added, that's not lying that's having a plan, prioritizing, and rethinking. Like any game devs, although maybe TW gave away a bit too much too early.
Wait, didn't they tell many times when asked in the last years that the priority was the PC version and that they would start working in the consoles version only after they finished the full game? Was that also a lie, then?
How is that changed? We knew console release was coming and in making, nowhere did that say they'd start working on consoles only after full release. In fact they've said the opposite, that it will most likely come at full release even if not before..

It is incredible to see that there are still people claiming "game is fine, your expectations were too much for it", just :lol:. You can be sure their "next" game will definitely be better since they learned a lot from these 2 years of EA and 10 years of development(!); just like Bannerlord being "worthy successor of Warband" ...

Calm down. It's more than a worthy successor of Warband, albeit over 10 years later. The game has throughout early access improved quite a bit based on community feedback, maybe they didn't add your dreams you posted somewhere but that doesn't mean anything except that they obviously can't add everything. Some features were scrapped, other still waiting to be added, that's not lying that's having a plan, prioritizing, and rethinking. Like any game devs, although maybe TW gave away a bit too much too early.

I'm perfectly calm, I'm just openly stating my disappointment, but if it should help you to believe otherwise, you go right ahead. And that's fine, you accept the quality we're being served. However, I don't accept half-assed quality as "worthy successor" quality. There's no excuse that a 10yr developed game is this poorly developed.

That's always the excuse I hear. "They can't add everything" or "Oh no no, they just changed their minds". They can't seem to add anything it seems, not even the criminal empires they still advertise as being in the game (it isn't, thus is a lie/false advertisement). Or add AI that's smart enough to go up and down a ladder. We're all just being really, really demanding expecting a product we paid for that works and ships with the features it promised or we overwhelmingly desired because they, you know, asked us. And they always seem to be hacking away more and more, never adding it or implementing it so poorly it barely functions or serves no entertaining function whatsoever (say, like smithing).

I should be so thankful for this mess I'm being given for the product I paid for. :roll:

Early access and Kickstarter are always like this, you buy in and invest in something that is meant to be developed a certain way, but have no guarantees and over time the dev's focus may change. I can understand how people who have been buying in, been dedicated and genuinely wanted to contribute and improve the game experience for years can feel unheard and ignored.
Like I said, some better communication with the community would do a lot of good for taleworlds. I don't see any addressing the community on YT or streams or even regular updates by the devs on what's going on. That's not compulsory, but if your products are popularized by immersed community members and modders and content creators, then keeping those people pleased and informed would be a good thing. Hype can grow that way. So this release date is probably not going to be as celebrated or promoted by users, because if you talk to your audience too rarely, there going to stop wanting to respond.

The devs behind Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin are really good at this.
They make a lot of dev updates, videos and content showing their audience what's going on. Even people who aren't going to buy the game have seen that stuff and know about the game. It creates more hype and interest and makes people aware of what's going on, even if it's nothing.
Ninja Theory, the studio that made Hellblade, also did little update videos through their dev process showing people what's up.
Throughout all these vids for these companies there was no playable content released for players because they were made pre release, but to-be players would see things in development, unfinished stuff, plans, team members, the whole shabang.

Hell, make the vids in Turikish, that would be cool. Add some subtitles and just communicate with the audience.
If nothing else then that would make the western community less expectant to be treated in the way western studios do.

will keep receiving updates in the months to come
"Months". Strictly speaking, you could still say months even if the planned support period is to span multiple years but then, why not say years instead in that case? I give it 12 months at maximum unless mods revitalize the game and TW uses the opportunity to sell DLCs.

Yes, I think no more EA for me and no more following anything new from Taleworlds. I paid for this game two years ago and what I got in the end is a slow EA release with features like banners missing and then showing up at a game convention before I ever got to play it. What's the point?
Might as well just wait for reviews of the full version in the future.
This was a terrible EA experience all told.

is the release version different than 1.8.0?
pff... It's not like we played a different and older build of the game until 1.8.0 while they were keeping under wraps a more advanced version.
I think it's what you see it's what you get. An unfinished game regardless of it being called finished after some date two months later or whatever.
I mean the current Bannerlord doesn't even have the main story finished let alone stuff that should had been a given, like the stuff you get in Viking Conquest. That stuff is what i was expected it to be the starting baseline for the early access and not be something still missing even when launched.
To be clear now as for this announcement, this is not a game but a mod platform. And i can't ever recommend that to anyone to buy.

Unfortunately, that is a very accurate way to describe Bannerlord. It's like Arma's Reforger, but actually wasn't straight from the start that it was a means of testing and modding. Which makes it worse.

Will the release of the final game will continue to be suported by W7 Ultimate 64bit ?
Wiil an SSD be a must to play the game? If yes there is to high cost to buy the game.
Please give us an answer to avoid buying a game we will never be able to play.

Will the release of the final game will continue to be suported by W7 Ultimate 64bit ?
Wiil an SSD be a must to play the game? If yes there is to high cost to buy the game.
Please give us an answer to avoid buying a game we will never be able to play.
Whatever the minimum reqirements are now, thats probably what they'll remain. Probably check those and if you just reach them or don't reach them, probably avoid.

Whatever the minimum reqirements are now, thats probably what they'll remain. Probably check those and if you just reach them or don't reach them, probably avoid.
My PC has these :
  • W7 Ultimate 64 bit
  • Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Ge Force GTX 660 2GB
Can my PC run the game?

Can my PC run the game?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 (3.6 ghz) / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
    • Storage: 60 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
    • Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

So - You will probably run it but at the lowest possible settings and still have some issues because your processor is very old.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8100 (3.6 ghz) / AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
    • Additional Notes: Integrated GPUs require additional 2GB of system RAM. These estimates may change during final release.
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
    • Additional Notes: These estimates may change during final release.

So - You will probably run it but at the lowest possible settings and still have some issues because your processor is very old.
Thank you . I WILL give it a try. Even in the lowest settings. My PC runs Attila TW very well in max settings that is a very "heavy" game and i will take the chance to risk it because I want to transfare a mod to this game , a mod I worked for 15 years in M2TW/Kingdoms engine hiwth FHD graphics! The era is one of the most neglected (872-1071) with very unique factions like Lombards, East Frankia, Great Moravia, MAGYARS is their journey to what they call today Hungary , Bulgarians, Turcomanic Leaque, 6 Islamic Emirates , the apearence of Normans for the 1st time in central and eastern europe, the apearence of Pechengs and varius "rebel" Slavic settlements plus Croatia and Serbia and Rus in their early settlement in Kiev!

Thank you . I WILL give it a try. Even in the lowest settings. My PC runs Attila TW very well in max settings that is a very "heavy" game and i will take the chance to risk it because I want to transfare a mod to this game , a mod I worked for 15 years in M2TW/Kingdoms engine hiwth FHD graphics! The era is one of the most neglected (872-1071) with very unique factions like Lombards, East Frankia, Great Moravia, MAGYARS is their journey to what they call today Hungary , Bulgarians, Turcomanic Leaque, 6 Islamic Emirates , the apearence of Normans for the 1st time in central and eastern europe, the apearence of Pechengs and varius "rebel" Slavic settlements plus Croatia and Serbia and Rus in their early settlement in Kiev!
That sounds pretty cool, post a link man!

you will be able to start the game , but you wont really enjoy the game . It will stutter alot and lag in battles. Maybe your best solution is to buy new PC.
I wish ..This 14 years old PC was bought with an fundraiser among my TWC friends inorder not to spent my money in Internet Cafe and focus on the TGC mod that is still in development. Greece has a 20 years financial crisis and I am without a job for 54 months. But in Christmas Goverment will give us 250 euros as help. A game will help me distrct my mind from the depresion that crisis left to me.

Back
Top Bottom