Full length storied video series

Would you watch a Napoleonic Wars script-based series? (With characters, custom music and scenes, a

• Yes!

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • hmm, nah

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other (specify in the thread)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bite Me

Knight at Arms
76010A5556C18D4F44D4D004F4247E72D7B98AF3

Actors needed, look down in the OP!

Hello, some of you may know me from ye olde mm mod, other games, and my My Youtube Channel, but for those of you do not, I'm Peter. I have been involved in the mod and dlc on and off  since its very creation, and have to say its a wonderful feeling seeing it come so far.

Recently, I have started seriously expanding my youtube channel, uploading videos, and teaching myself how to make it all more professional. I have uploaded a few Napoleonic war ones (full list of videos below), how ever it was not really fully satisfying my creative urge. So I started thinking, and have been considering for a very long while of having a shot at a fully scripted series, done in around 10 minute episodes, involving permanent characters, an on-going plot, with the backdrop of the napoleonic wars as a basis.

I make this thread to not only judge the popularity of a possible series, but also the willingness of people and/or regiments to take part in both regular character slots and large-scale battle scenes. (Please be aware these may have to use more than one take and will sometimes be laborious affairs). All main characters must have both good microphones and voices, due to the nature of the show.

If you are interested, please read on.

Thoughts so far:
A small British Garrison on a forgotten small Island just off the North coast of France, is the main setting. This garrison is small, with supply and manpower shortages, and to make things worse the French are positioned on a sister Island hardly a mile away. These Islands are vital to the French as they could be used as a naval base which could be used to Invade Great Britain, how ever the British always manage to overlook the Island, and its garrison are left to try and defend their base on their own, against terrible odds. The series follows the commander of the garrison, and some select individuals throughout the group. Whilst aiming to be a humorous enterprise, the show will feature permanent death, and may touch off on some darker topics along the way, and will feature brutal and hopefully epic battle-scenes as well.​

Characters needed (### indicate names have not been thought of):
Colonel ####
Leading the British force, he is older, intelligent, and a hero of the series. He realises the importance of the Island and manages to piece together the rag-tag British forces into a formidable force capable of holding their position. Soft voiced, he instantly commands respect from troops. Needs an older English/Irish/Scottish accent and be available for regular filming.

Lieutenant #### (42nd)
Scottish officer, completely bonkers, when off duty he marches around talking to himself, but leads men ferociously and does his job well. Needs a skilled Scottish mature accent.

Lieutenant #### (33rd)
Young British officer, keen to show his worth, though can be rash at times. Popular with his men. Needs an English accent and be available for fairly regular filming. (posh-ish)

Captain #### (33rd)
Older American/Scottish/Irish officer, veteran of many battles, 2nd in command. Very brave, big, loud, and funny, very popular with the men, would sacrifice his life for the Colonel, and ferociously leads defences and assaults. Combat hero. Needs American/Scottish/Irish accent.

Ensign (95th)
Very young, shy, scared, but a brilliant shot. He leads the force of 8 riflemen, though his corporal does most of the leading, the men are loyal to him due to their respect for his firearm skills and obvious affection for them.

Corporal (95th)
Irish, older, kind and respected, he helps his ensign lead the small rifle detachment, and is popular with the men for his antics and dry wit. Needs an Irish mature accent.

Private dual act (33rd/42nd)
A two-part humorous duo, limited intelligence and constant moans, these two will feature in most if not all episodes and conflicts, and need two Scottish, Irish or English accents who can be funny, and act stupid. They need to be available for regular screenings.

As well as these there will be more characters introduced, so keep your eye on this part of the thread.

So please post your thoughts, and ideas, and vote in the thread. Also please make it known in the comments if you or your regiment would be happy to take part, all actors will be credited.

Thanks you for reading, much love
Biteme xxx

My videos:
Assorted gameplay, featuring boats and sappers
WTF is new in Napoleonic wars part 1
WTF is new in Napoleonic Wars? PART 2
Beta Gameplay
Faction Showcase (Britain)

Artillery Tutorial
Melee Tutorial

Those interested in helping out: Please personal message me your steam name, I will be creating a steam group for the enterprise.

Also, I need elder voices, teen sounding guys will probably not get a part due to the characters general age.

27th Could take part, Possibly me being a Junior Officer (One of the main characters) commanding a section sized unit represented by the 27th within the larger garrision (Company sized)?
P.S used to take part in a drama thing every week so  I HAVE MASSIVE QUALIFICATIONS  :grin:!
Not realy but I used to do drama and liked it and (Apparently) was good at it.
(If you want me involved add "Colonel Williams" me On steam)

Londnred said:
27th Could take part, Possibly me being a Junior Officer (One of the main characters) commanding a section sized unit represented by the 27th within the larger garrision (Company sized)?
P.S used to take part in a drama thing every week so  I HAVE MASSIVE QUALIFICATIONS  :grin:!
Not realy but I used to do drama and liked it and (Apparently) was good at it.
(If you want me involved add "Colonel Williams" me On steam)

Sounds good, mind if I just note your name down for later use?

MaHuD said:
Anytime I can help out, I will be there mate!

<3

Put me down, got a nice mic, dont know about my voice, got some lancer's, or we can work as Polish Inf, or whatever you need, be happy to help :smile:

STEAM: Ringnar

Bite Me said:
I need some help as to:
>Size of the garrisons (platoon or company strength?)
>Main characters?
>Tweaking of storyline[/font]

so any ideas are welcome.
Main Characters: What about young innocent drummer boy and perverted old officer, storyline is than clear, isn't it? :twisted:

I'm quite interested in this, if you need any officer voice actors give me a call, i've got quite a nice British accent and i've got some knowledge on terms used back then like "By jove!" and "Absolute poppycock" etc.

If you're interested in having me pm me and i can provide you with my steam name.

You can count on me and my lads if you need any help, i have no problem with acting as a frenchie who is being mowed down  :lol:

You should also definitly include agiant invasion and the brits are completely out numbered and the main character is seriously injured, and then reinforcements arrive....preferably highlanders (allways good for a laugh  :mrgreen: )

The 32nd Regiment applies to assist !
We can bring you a cast of +30 if we can go as our regiment.
Also I would like to play the role a Colonel/Officer for other scenes if needed!

Colonel Lance of the 32nd Regiment

Great and creative idea!

Imma beg Jasper to let the FK participate in some way, perhaps as part of the Allied army that comes to finally relieve the fort in the later episodes, if that's how the series ends up going

Back
Top Bottom