MP Musket Era Modern Full Invasion: Zulu

Users who are viewing this thread

orangeknite1 said:
i would suggest getting rid of barricades in the mod though because if you watch the movie they never really changes the fortifications execpt pushing over some wagons and adding sandbags but that was before the fight not after. Also one thing is after the boss wave you should give people 30 seconds to kinda recoparate and refill ammo. But that my suggestion just remove barricades

Well the idea we had in mind was replacing them with small grain/sandbag walls or some downed wagons. Sandbags seem to be the best idea though.

King85 said:
that martini-henry could really use some work. the stock is really messed up and there seems to be a bayonet missing from the end of it.

http://www.clash-of-steel.org/gallery/pages/full/martini.jpg

Ironically, thats the same picture I sent my modeler as a reference for the new model we are making. As of right now the plan is to give the zulu rifleman the rifle we have now, and then give the high-res, high-poly model we have to the actual players. It will of course have a bayonet and a proper model and such.

I'd like to remind people:

The mod isnt out yet. I seem to notice people getting on us for "Inaccuracies" and the such. Im not saying this in a mean way, but in a matter of fact sense:

This is a game. And we dont have time right now to go over everything we have done and make sure it is at the same angle, texture, colour, and the same height and weight and damn everything that is inaccurate from history. This mod will be somewhat historical, but the goal right now is to pump it out. The models we have now are good. I will defend that statement. I also see a lot of people passing judgement on our models in the sense that they judge it waaaay to early. None of these models are permanent models, and I would leave the judging of them to us, the people who are going to actually PUT them ingame.

Not to offend anyone who has a liable opinion, but if you do believe our models, codes, or ideas are wrong, we invite you to make your own model, bit of code, or maybe even your own mod to show us how you believe it should be done. It is way to early to pass clear opinions of the models and weapons in this mod and as for now, we would just like positive, simple, and light-hearted comments.

Example:

King, your comment is a bit un-needed. I know you are right, but you don't know what our dev team is doing right now. If you were in it, then you would know for the past 4-5 days we have been getting some ref's and models together for making a new rifle, uniforms, blahblahblah.

Conclusion: The FI:Z dev team would like a little less opinions on our models. I can see some are a little awkward, but its only about... I don't know.. 6-7 days into development? Criticism is a tad early as of right now. Wait 3-4 months or till after release or the 2nd patch. Right now, just suggestions and some conversations are wanted.

With regards,

The FI:Z Dev Team.

i understand making the zulu rifleman texture low res but what if you pick it up wont it look ugly.

Also i would make the sandbags not stackable. Also make it so it doesnt stop them just slows them down.

Also i would add to this crouching because thats major

Sorry but one more suggestion and im done at some graphics and sound mods to this to make it sound better. Because unrealistic sounds would kinda ruin the environment of the game. But please also add sound and graphics mods.

P.S i know you get alot of suggestions but you must expect that when making a mod, alot of people want it how they picture it, not only how you picture it.

why would you give the zulus the worse looking model and let the players use the good one? if you already have a newer, better model, why not use it?
is it because they're black?

King85 said:
why would you give the zulus the worse looking model and let the players use the good one? if you already have a newer, better model, why not use it?
is it because they're black?

Its a lag saver. A ton of high res rifles running around would be kinda laggy :/ this way, the mass of zulu rifleman will get a diff model, and therefor will have a lower accuracy rate and it wont lag as much.  The brits will get the higher res and better accuracy. Its the way its going to go lol.

orangeknite1 said:
i understand making the zulu rifleman texture low res but what if you pick it up wont it look ugly.

Also i would make the sandbags not stackable. Also make it so it doesnt stop them just slows them down.

Also i would add to this crouching because thats major

Sorry but one more suggestion and im done at some graphics and sound mods to this to make it sound better. Because unrealistic sounds would kinda ruin the environment of the game. But please also add sound and graphics mods.

P.S i know you get alot of suggestions but you must expect that when making a mod, alot of people want it how they picture it, not only how you picture it.

Thanks for understanding :smile: And yeah I've been looking at some face packs and OSP environment packs. Why would you pick up a rifle with lower accuracy when you have a perfectly fine bayonetted version?

OH and here is some eye candy:

a1.jpg

Quick note:

Thanks to Azrooh and Shredz for donating a reloading animation for the H-M rifles (Azrooh) and a rifle melee script  (Shredz).

*Noted on the 2nd post*

LtSpearing said:
Quick note:

Thanks to Azrooh and Shredz for donating a reloading animation for the H-M rifles (Azrooh) and a rifle melee script  (Shredz).

*Noted on the 2nd post*

Good old Azrooh.

You could also pay the Secession mod a visit [wink wink, now what i mean, nutch nutch]. They are taking historical accuracy to a new level in Warband. (than again the mod is aimed at multiplay for regiments in line battles)

Maybe :3 Sadly im not one for the ACW :/ After having the history of it crammed down my throat for the past 6 years by my school system, I'm not really interested :sad: sowwwwwyyyyy. Best of luck though.

And yet another big hug/kiss to shredz for a crouching code. Cheers shredz!

Back
Top Bottom