MP Musket Era Modern Full Invasion: Zulu

Users who are viewing this thread

The Martini Henri rifle can actually not be compared with muskets and other rifles in the present Full Invasion mod.
This rifle is an easy breachloader so its fast in reloading. But the biggest difference is its caliber (.577!). It just makes a big hole in everything it hits.

I think you should make the Zulu good melee fighters, but without any protection they are easy to kill by bullits and bajonets. Brits should avoid going in rambo style. Fight from behind the grain bags they should be able to repel the attacks as long as their line is not broken. That is the challenge.

On the Zulu weapons.
There were quite a few different spears, but after the Shaka reforms they pretty much standardized the short spear and cow skin shield. They also kept the throwing spear (though they were not used that often, Zulu doctrine aimed at melee and close combat). They also had clubs or maces. (If you equip all Zulu's with throwing spears, the Warband game and th FI mod gives the AI so much accuracy it would be hard to dodge the spears and survive. So you can not follow historical accuracy here)

On the lethality of Zulu weapons:
I believe only 17 Brits got killed at Rorke's Drift, but most of the 140 men defending it were wounded in some way. It shows that it was very likely to survive the Zulu weapons (as long as it did not hit you deep enough to damage vital organs). The bajonet was in that way much more effective. It had a longer reach and could easily make the kill.

LtSpearing said:
Clearly read somewhere you guys wanted to do it accurate.

And your forgetting about the English having rifles. They would pierce shields. Basicly 1 shot kills. And now you want to make them super humans in melee as well? Im not saying they should always die in melee. Remember there are also barricades keeping them at bay. They player would be able to stab over them. Also in melee your not completely defenceless, you have a bayonet. A single stab should be able to kill them, just like how they could kill you.

Would add more suspense rather then having superhumans. 3-5 hits to kill you? :/

Its almost impossible to understand a tone someone typed something out in, but I have a suspicious feeling you typed that with a very skeptical, if not sarcastic tone. Somehow, this is getting me a tad annoyed. To avoid any harsh words being said in the future lets make it so you really do understand the mod your looking at....

I can believe we said that. I dont feel like digging through pages of posts to find it, but your taking it to the extreme. THIS HAS TO BE THIS AND SUCH AND IF NOT YOUR MOD IS HORRIBLE. Once more: Gameplay > Accuracy.

Let me ask you: If your playing this mod, do you want to be killed by a random zulu spear on the 2nd to last boss and not have a chance to respawn

OR:

get hit once with it and have half health left, get scared sh-tless and go heal like a maniac.

Gameplay > Accuracy. This mod will be accurate to a point. And to tell the truth, I dont think much of the small bumps in it will be looked at once your actually PLAYING the game. When fighting off 20 bots with no help, i dont think you'll care too much if they have a slightly different club or something silly. All you'll care about is "RELOAD FASTER ZOMFGGGG"

And your forgetting about the English having rifles. They would pierce shields. Basicly 1 shot kills.

.... I dont think this needs any comment other than:

Most guns are 1 HIT KILLS. Go to full invasion vanilla. Arquebuse: 1 SHOT KILL. RIFLE: 1 SHOT KILL.
And if I can forget, then you can to. Your also forgetting that THERE ARE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF ENEMIES RUNNING TOWARDS YOU GETTING CLOSER ANY SECOND. You think they will stand still saying "Hey, mates, listen up. That guy over there has a gun. Lets stand still, hold our shields up, and pray he misses us or hits the shield. MAYBE the shield will deflect it a little. Right, Zooboo, Shaka, you go test it out. on your way now!"

Yes they have shields. No they do not stand still and take it. Yes, those shields do block in melee. Yes, most rounds you WILL get into a melee. Thats why you have a bayonet. Yes, you will be able to kill the zulus. If you havent noticed, almost ALL enemies in the full invasion mod are killable with anywhere from 1-2 to 2-3 hits from most, if not all weapons.
And if you wanted this to be historically accurate too: A bayonet can also do 1 hit kill damage. Getting stabbed with that English Steel is going to hurt. A lot.

And now you want to make them super humans in melee as well?

Have you ever played a full invasion game?
Even the flippin archers in that game are super humans in melee. The zulus are too. infact, MOST things in the game are epic at melee, it just comes down to one factor in most Full Invasion matches:

HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING ALONG SIDE YOU/AGAINST YOU??

They player would be able to stab over them
You already can... Have you played full invasion o_O

Also in melee your not completely defenceless, you have a bayonet. A single stab should be able to kill them, just like how they could kill you.

Wait a minute....

I.... Ahm.... Alright then. Contradictory statement. Fair enough.

Would add more suspense rather then having superhumans. 3-5 hits to kill you?

If I were to add a poll with the choices being A: Do you want to die in one hit like real life or B: Take a couple hits, because dying sucks and waiting for 5 minutes while you watch all of your friends and teammates laughing while playing and joking around sucks too, I think the majority would say I WANT TO LIVE!!!!

Gameplay > Realism.

Then this is clearly not my mod, good luck with the fantasy mod.

Phalanx300 said:
LtSpearing said:

And your forgetting about the English having rifles. They would pierce shields. Basicly 1 shot kills. And now you want to make them super humans in melee as well? Im not saying they should always die in melee. Remember there are also barricades keeping them at bay. They player would be able to stab over them. Also in melee your not completely defenceless, you have a bayonet. A single stab should be able to kill them, just like how they could kill you.

Would add more suspense rather then having superhumans. 3-5 hits to kill you? :/

Its almost impossible to understand a tone someone typed something out in, but I have a suspicious feeling you typed that with a very skeptical, if not sarcastic tone. Somehow, this is getting me a tad annoyed. To avoid any harsh words being said in the future lets make it so you really do understand the mod your looking at....

I can believe we said that. I dont feel like digging through pages of posts to find it, but your taking it to the extreme. THIS HAS TO BE THIS AND SUCH AND IF NOT YOUR MOD IS HORRIBLE. Once more: Gameplay > Accuracy.

Let me ask you: If your playing this mod, do you want to be killed by a random zulu spear on the 2nd to last boss and not have a chance to respawn

OR:

get hit once with it and have half health left, get scared sh-tless and go heal like a maniac.

Gameplay > Accuracy. This mod will be accurate to a point. And to tell the truth, I dont think much of the small bumps in it will be looked at once your actually PLAYING the game. When fighting off 20 bots with no help, i dont think you'll care too much if they have a slightly different club or something silly. All you'll care about is "RELOAD FASTER ZOMFGGGG"

And your forgetting about the English having rifles. They would pierce shields. Basicly 1 shot kills.

Most guns are 1 HIT KILLS. Go to full invasion vanilla. Arquebuse: 1 SHOT KILL. RIFLE: 1 SHOT KILL.
And if I can forget, then you can to. Your also forgetting that THERE ARE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF ENEMIES RUNNING TOWARDS YOU GETTING CLOSER ANY SECOND. You think they will stand still saying "Hey, mates, listen up. That guy over there has a gun. Lets stand still, hold our shields up, and pray he misses us or hits the shield. MAYBE the shield will deflect it a little. Right, Zooboo, Shaka, you go test it out. on your way now!"

Yes they have shields. No they do not stand still and take it. Yes, those shields do block in melee. Yes, most rounds you WILL get into a melee. Thats why you have a bayonet. Yes, you will be able to kill the zulus. If you havent noticed, almost ALL enemies in the full invasion mod are killable with anywhere from 1-2 to 2-3 hits from most, if not all weapons.
And if you wanted this to be historically accurate too: A bayonet can also do 1 hit kill damage. Getting stabbed with that English Steel is going to hurt. A lot.

Even the flippin archers in that game are super humans in melee. The zulus are too. infact, MOST things in the game are epic at melee, it just comes down to one factor in most Full Invasion matches:

Also in melee your not completely defenceless, you have a bayonet. A single stab should be able to kill them, just like how they could kill you.

Wait a minute....

If I were to add a poll with the choices being A: Do you want to die in one hit like real life or B: Take a couple hits, because dying sucks and waiting for 5 minutes while you watch all of your friends and teammates laughing while playing and joking around sucks too, I think the majority would say I WANT TO LIVE!!!!

Gameplay > Realism.

Well, I would love to see a historical Zulu mod.
To get that historical feel it is the overwhelming numbers you are faced with as a Brit. In multiplay without AI  this simply can not be done. Simply because there is never enough people to get the overwhelming mass. If it is a 10 vs 10. The Zulus would never ever stand a chance. Adding some bots would make it less realistic in any case.

The Invasion Mod offers the feeling of wave after wave, hence overwheming numbers attacking you. This comes with some sacrifices to reality. As the waves are AI the bots tend to use laser guided long distance weapons. It is in the Warband programming.
By the way. The Invasion Mod is not all pure fantasy. The barbarians and farmers have actually very good pretty realistic models.

Anyway. I would love to see historical accuracy but I understand you can not go all the way to become a historical simulator. The game simply does not allow it.

IndiaQuinn said:
Phalanx300 said:
LtSpearing said:

OR:

Wait a minute....

Gameplay > Realism.

To get that historical feel it is the overwhelming numbers you are faced with as a Brit. In multiplay without AI  this simply can not be done. Simply because there is never enough people to get the overwhelming mass. If it is a 10 vs 10. The Zulus would never ever stand a chance. Adding some bots would make it less realistic in any case.

The Invasion Mod offers the feeling of wave after wave, hence overwheming numbers attacking you. This comes with some sacrifices to reality. As the waves are AI the bots tend to use laser guided long distance weapons. It is in the Warband programming.
By the way. The Invasion Mod is not all pure fantasy. The barbarians and farmers have actually very good pretty realistic models.

Anyway. I would love to see historical accuracy but I understand you can not go all the way to become a historical simulator. The game simply does not allow it.

THANK. YOU. You have some sense to realize that if it was fully realistic, then NO ONE would play it. everyone would die within the first or 2 round.

You sir, deserve a cookie.

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

LtSpearing said:
IndiaQuinn said:
Phalanx300 said:
LtSpearing said:

OR:

Wait a minute....

Gameplay > Realism.

THANK. YOU. You have some sense to realize that if it was fully realistic, then NO ONE would play it. everyone would die within the first or 2 round.

You sir, deserve a cookie.

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

I gues you never played Vikingr?  :lol: And I notice your sense of vision. But yeah good luck with it.  :roll:

I played Vikingr. The 1stEPI hosted some great shield wall battles.
Pretty realistic indeed and awesome. It also is playable cause the factions are somewhat balanced. 

But it can not be compared with hordes of Zulus that come in wave after wave. Having Zulu´s as a playable faction would only be fun fighting other African tribes or other Zulus. My 2 cents.

Phalanx you seriously dont understand the mod me and my team members are trying to develope and every time you post I have a sharp spike in blood pressure. Stop posting lulz.

Roveno said:
Please give us between items a pack of rocks with 40 rocks, is the only thing i ask you!!!!  :grin:

LOL maybe..... Hmmm....

IndiaQuinn said:
I played Vikingr. The 1stEPI hosted some great shield wall battles.
Pretty realistic indeed and awesome. It also is playable cause the factions are somewhat balanced. 

But it can not be compared with hordes of Zulus that come in wave after wave. Having Zulu´s as a playable faction would only be fun fighting other African tribes or other Zulus. My 2 cents.

That would be a seperate mod :/ maybe in the future. Lets get this done first though :smile:

LoL very well. Btw remember now it was that coder(?) who said it would be completely accurate.

Ment Vikingr as a mod which is succesfull, even though it has a realistic damage system.

that martini-henry could really use some work. the stock is really messed up and there seems to be a bayonet missing from the end of it.

http://www.clash-of-steel.org/gallery/pages/full/martini.jpg

i would suggest getting rid of barricades in the mod though because if you watch the movie they never really changes the fortifications execpt pushing over some wagons and adding sandbags but that was before the fight not after. Also one thing is after the boss wave you should give people 30 seconds to kinda recoparate and refill ammo. But that my suggestion just remove barricades

Back
Top Bottom