MP Musket Era Modern Full Invasion: Zulu

Users who are viewing this thread

Phalanx300 said:
This mod should act as a patch to Full Invasion. Just the community continuing with new factions.

Zulu-British is classic situation perfectly fitted for Full Invasion. However now that the factions are actually real ones instead of fantasy it would be nice if its as accurate as possible. And it also leaves the way open for other obvious matchups from history. (Spartans-Persians comes to mind lol.)

Maybe we should also brainstorm about other nice matchups. Without taking copyrighted stuff.

read the intro post lul. Im not saying this is a mod but a patch for it. Im not taking any credit, credit will go to those who make something for it. Im going to attempt to direct it a little but im sure that it will come off the ground through donations.

ALSO;

Thanks for the rifle model!

wolfstar97 said:
I'll be done in about 30 mins to an hour, its very basic stuff and besides all we need after that is the models to implement :wink:.

Wolf.

I think that the most work we need to do that involves manhours is Modeling and Scene making

Rigadoon said:
Just in case you don't know, don't expect to lead this mod without helping on the mod. Too many people make that mistake thinking they can lead a mod while sitting back. I know you probably didn't intend to anyways but again, just in case  :wink:

Well this seems like an interesting idea. Should be a lot of fun if finished. To whoever is involved, good luck!

The intro is familiar...Toy Soldiers anyone?
"Today me and my group were playing MM and we did some public drilling (We had like 20 guys on).
In the one map there are a series of fences that we had to climb over to reach the enemy fort (It was literally a fort). While we were behind a fence, I ordered my men to hold fire and crouch. No shots were fired by either side, and it was eerily quiet for like 20 seconds before the dive into combat. I shouted into my mic "OVER THE TOP GENTS! CHAAARGE!" and the defending team shot at us just like a MG emplacement back in WW1. It was just like a charge over the top. Then me and a couple other guys got an idea for a mod about world war I.  And so our story begins."
-Spearing
Hahaha! xD I noticed it once I read the OP.

What i have done currently:

Changelog

+ = Added
- = Removed
/ = In process
* = Fixed

Code:
23 August 2011 - 23:12

+ Madmin
+ Very needed scripts(Drowning, Sound to server)
+ Invasion Gamemode
* Missed Try_end's in original MS
/ Reset Map
/ Enhanced Polls
/ New Map & Scene Props

Splintert said:
Fancy seeing you here, Spearington.

Perhaps this belongs in the Full Invasion board itself?

Ah mistah Splintert! Aye it does, but its under construction. Ill post in there then i suppose as well. luls.

L3git Squig Herder said:
Yes Mr. Spearing, time to fight off the Zulu barbarians! *sips tea* :mrgreen:

AH SAH SQUIGMAN. JOLLY GOOD SAH!

gaham1 said:
any way we can have both sides? like be a zulu fighting british?

Ehm... no offense but it will be really boring playing zulu.

I mean i know full invasion isnt the most historically accurate mod, but generally things die in one bullet/arrow to the face/body. (Unless zombie clowns had their own country during the Napoloenic wars then im totally wrong) so playing zulus with stick/spears for weapons isnt a good idea.

and to tell the truth what faction would you rather play:
Gentlemanly figures with great quick reloading weapons that are accurate and deadly with a single bullet and have smart red uniforms, epic victorian pith helmets and goggles and have awesome officers yelling stuff like "FORM SQUARE" and "2ND RANK, FIA!!!!!"

or

Zulus half naked with grass kilts and stick spears and shields made of cow hides who cant even get close because they keep getting shot :/

Trololol?

LtSpearing said:
gaham1 said:

Gentlemanly figures with great quick reloading weapons that are accurate and deadly with a single bullet and have smart red uniforms, epic victorian pith helmets and goggles and have awesome officers yelling stuff like "FORM SQUARE" and "2ND RANK, FIA!!!!!"

or

Zulus half naked with grass kilts and stick spears and shields made of cow hides who cant even get close because they keep getting shot :/

lol win.

Just a notice for Everyone

This does not belong in the 'Full Invasion' Board because the gamemode script is open-source and therefore can be used in a different mod like this one because we are not using any content from the 'Full Invasion' Mod (eg. Models, Sounds, Maps etc.), So Arch3r goes in the credits, Yes it seems like in the first release it will be just Full Invasion with Different Factions, However as time goes on and people contribute more models then we'll start to build on a bigger and more unique mod. Spearing originally named it that because thats how it looks at the moment, Anyway I'll write up a changelog again today so you can see my progress.

Wolf.

LtSpearing said:
gaham1 said:

Ehm... no offense but it will be really boring playing zulu.

I mean i know full invasion isnt the most historically accurate mod, but generally things die in one bullet/arrow to the face/body. (Unless zombie clowns had their own country during the Napoloenic wars then im totally wrong) so playing zulus with stick/spears for weapons isnt a good idea.

or

Trololol?

And the many Victoria Crosses ofcourse. The 100 vs 5000 battle really leaves only one faction playable.

To make a little nuance (trapped by the troll :smile: ) to the Zulu Barbarians. The Zulu state was one of the most advanced in the region.
The Zulu Army was far from being "stupid' barbarian. They had a standing army with a regimental structure. Elite units. Etc.
Their tactics were totally underestimated by the Brits in the beginning.
The Zulu's that attacked Rorke's Drift were actually only fraction of the main Zulu body that was fighting at Isandlwana. As a matter of fact they ignored orders and crossed the border. As this part of the zulu army had not seen fighting that day they were (too) eager to get a share in the massacre. That cost them dearly.

Would be a nice what if... if the main body had decided to move into Natal.

Unit wise there is more diversity in the Zulu army than one may think. So not every wave need to be the same.

Idea: have some of the personalities in the models like: Chard, Bromhead, Colour Sergeant Bourne, etc

:smile:

British Uniforms,

zulu_war_soldier_1879.jpg

ColourSgt%20copy.jpg

24th-regiment.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt38/freeforum1879/littlehand/standard.jpg

wolfstar97 said:

This does not belong in the 'Full Invasion' Board because the gamemode script is open-source and therefore can be used in a different mod like this one because we are not using any content from the 'Full Invasion' Mod (eg. Models, Sounds, Maps etc.), So Arch3r goes in the credits, Yes it seems like in the first release it will be just Full Invasion with Different Factions, However as time goes on and people contribute more models then we'll start to build on a bigger and more unique mod. Spearing originally named it that because thats how it looks at the moment, Anyway I'll write up a changelog again today so you can see my progress.

Wolf.

So why not have a general Full Invasion mod? Its annoying to have to switch between ones, its better to have a universal one. Haven't you guys discussed it with Archer?

Phalanx300 said:
wolfstar97 said:

Wolf.

So why not have a general Full Invasion mod? Its annoying to have to switch between ones, its better to have a universal one. Haven't you guys discussed it with Archer?
Nope, His mod is his mod, i'm not quite sure whether he'd want Zulu's and British Troops tbh. But i'm planning to add things to this mod that wouldn't be possible in the 'Full Invasion' Mod due to the amount of triggers and scripts. Its quite simple if you cant make the effort of switching between them then don't play, if i'm completely honest it isn't exactly hard to double click on the server list and let it switch modules for you. No doubt Arch3r has his mind set on other things for FI and i hope that it turns out greatly for him, but his mod is based on fantasy factions while ours will be historically correct.

Wolf.

Back
Top Bottom