FSR support in bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Hate to assist with derailing :grin: But I gotta shamelessly brag about my rx 6800 (non-xt), its a great GPU, a real workhorse, the best Ive ever had :grin: Never regret boycut of team green and blue

6447182_sd.jpg

Rumor has it that the next generation of RDNA3 GPUs might be a bigger leap than expected. GPUs on chiplets and possibly with a better rasterization performance than Nvidia, although Nvidia wins on Ray tracing still. Take it with a big grain of salt like any rumour.

Rumor has it that the next generation of RDNA3 GPUs might be a bigger leap than expected. GPUs on chiplets and possibly with a better rasterization performance than Nvidia, although Nvidia wins on Ray tracing still. Take it with a big grain of salt like any rumour.
Im not interested, my GPU is less than 6 months old, try and ask me if I wanna throw half a months salery down for a new GPU every six months
No. I do not.
They are pulling an Nvidia (2000>3000 in less than 24 months) but its fine, Ive got what I need. I dont buy the newest hardware just because its the newest and I want 2 zillion FPS in 8k. 1440p 144hz is fine for me, I came from a GTX1060 and 1080p in 60fps :p

Yeah ray tracing is obviously not something Im hyped about, then I would have bought a Nvidia GPU. Ever since computers became a thing there has been various buzz words and acronyms like (Y)MULTIMEDIA(Y) or MMX *lazer-soundz*, stickers with fancy logos and holograms.

The only actual hype was 3DFX (Voodoo) and this tech was a much more bigger leap than RTX or DLSS

Last edited:
The resolution scale existed before, FSR upscaling came with 1.7.0. FSR 2.0 will be considered but no decision has been made.
So you have to set resolution scale to 77% to have that default "ultra quality" FSR preset?

L98aH0Z.png

Edit:
You should defenitly promote stuff like this alot more... none knows about this. Thats just sad.

Last edited:
Other percentages also have an effect, however, yes, the presets only work with the percentages shown in the chart.
I don't think FSR and Resolution scaling are the same thing.

To my understanding, this is already available to players as of 1.7.0. When your resolution scale is below 100, it is used to upscale the resulting image.
The resolution scale existed before, FSR upscaling came with 1.7.0. FSR 2.0 will be considered but no decision has been made.

This feels like calling DLSS the same as the resolution scale for me.

Since community managers don't do this kind of work but also I know you like to provide information on topics that are not relevant to you. Could you do some favor for the community ask some of the taleworlds engine developers about it?

I think the most correct response to the FSR thing should come from the engine developer.

I also asked @Bloc about it. He is also not sure if FSR is the same as Resolution scaling. In the end, we had only one question in our mind.
Why is Duh answering this question? Also, he send me this.

unknown.png

He is not saying that they are the same thing. He is saying that when you lower your resolution scale, the image gets upscaled to your selected screen resolution with FSR.
There are different FSR quality presets same as DLSS

L98aH0Z.png

image.png

We don't have the option to choose a FSR quality preset in the options, we only have a Resolution Scale and Dynamic Resolution Slider. When i choose Resolution scaling to let's say 55, 69, 90, 99 what FSR quality mode does it uses? I searched a bit and couldn't find custom FSR quality presets for this thing. I don't know if it supports that. Therebefore I don't think FSR is implemented yet.

Also, I didn't check if Dynamic Resolution Slider is fixed yet because it was broken long ago. But i think in 1.7.0 DRS bug is fixed.

From what I know from the past, @Duh_TaleWorlds is not an Engine Developer. And I am asking for more information from a relevant person if possible

Since community managers don't do this kind of work but also I know you like to provide information on topics that are not relevant to you. Could you do some favor for the community ask some of the taleworlds engine developers about it?

We don't have the option to choose a FSR quality preset in the options, we only have a Resolution Scale and Dynamic Resolution Slider. When i choose Resolution scaling to let's say 55, 69, 90, 99 what FSR quality mode does it uses? I searched a bit and couldn't find custom FSR quality presets for this thing. I don't know if it supports that. Therebefore I don't think FSR is implemented yet.

There would be options as you note in the drop down.

Personally I hope that we end up with similar choices - especially "Ultra Quality". I think that some of the models have low resolution, which can be an issue close up at 4k.

They are pulling an Nvidia (2000>3000 in less than 24 months) but its fine, Ive got what I need. I dont buy the newest hardware just because its the newest and I want 2 zillion FPS in 8k. 1440p 144hz is fine for me, I came from a GTX1060 and 1080p in 60fps :p

GPU release cycles if anything have increased. It will be about 24 months if they release in Q4 of 2022, considering the last one came out around Q4 of 2020.

GPUs used to be released closer to 12 months.

The AMD presets (Ultra quality, quality, balanced etc.) only define the source resolution - the resolution which will be upscaled to your target resolution.

Example:
Your resolution is WQHD (2560x1440)
You select the Ultra quality preset (which literally is 77% if you look at the AMD charts) 0.77*2560 = ~1970 | 0.77*1440 = ~1108 which means FSR upscales 1970x1108 to 2560x1440.

If you select 77% resolution scale it will be the same as ultra quality. Cause it also lowers your resolution scale by 23%. After that FSR will upscale it to 2560x1440 again.

So if I am not wrong (I might be) you simply have more customization options.
If you want..:
Ultra quality - set resolution scale to 77%
Quality - set resolution scale to 67%
Balanced - set resolution scale to 59%
Performance - set resolution scale to 50%

Last edited:
If it's implemented why TW didn't promote this? At least inform people... :roll:

I am really suprised the thread boomed after I asked randomly, didn't even think FSR is in the game already. There hasn't been anything in update notes and TW didn't announce it on their social media.
This is great news for AMD users, thank you for listening the community.

I am really suprised the thread boomed after I asked randomly, didn't even think FSR is in the game already. There hasn't been anything in update notes and TW didn't announce it on their social media.
This is great news for AMD users, thank you for listening the community.
FSR 1.0 works on both AMD and NVIDIA cards, even Intel.

FSR 2.0 released. Is there a spawn possibility for Bannerlord?
I think the sauce code ain't out yet, but from deathloop, which is at this time the only game that support it, looks promising almost as good as DLSS, miles ahead of FSR 1.0 but shame it only got marginal gains on low end GPUs, however gains are still gains, so hopefully daddy taleworlds heed the call and fulfill our need

Back
Top Bottom