FSE : Battle Cry of Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

With the deepest and sincerest respect to Vincenzo, please leave all discussion of his life-choices outside of this thread. We cannot possibly begin to understand the mighty man himself, unfathomable as he is. It is an undeniable shame that he does not grace this forum with his presence any more.

However, feel free to discuss Battle Cry of Freedom.
Developer Blog 22: looks pretty fancy OK! I must say that I am rather looking forward to the chance of bearing Confederate colours, if only for a muck around whilst awaiting friends in other games.

Cheers!

Willhelm said:
Seems like the Taleworlds community is the one being childish here.
I spend time on FSE and TaleWords and I have never seen anybody on FSE saying bad things about Bannerlord or the TaleWorlds community.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
With the deepest and sincerest respect to Vincenzo, please leave all discussion of his life-choices outside of this thread. We cannot possibly begin to understand the mighty man himself, unfathomable as he is. It is an undeniable shame that he does not grace this forum with his presence any more.

However, feel free to discuss Battle Cry of Freedom.
Developer Blog 22: looks pretty fancy OK! I must say that I am rather looking forward to the chance of bearing Confederate colours, if only for a muck around whilst awaiting friends in other games.

Cheers!

Yeah I think the game looks promising. I dont know how they will fill out those 500+ Player caps though.

The Nutty Pig said:
Yeah I think the game looks promising. I dont know how they will fill out those 500+ Player caps though.
There are enough NW events at the moment; should be a relatively simple task to merge the populations of two or three.

As for public play, I have no idea.  :???:

Der Einzige said:
Nothing about this game "boils my blood", I don't care enough.
86g97.jpg

You clearly care enough to have a queer little argument on the internet.

To be fair, I think a lot of the animosity stems from the fact that what the TW community and forums have to base our view of FSE and NW on are how Vincenzo acted and how generally the NW community functioned when they were still to be found on these forums. For ages the NW forums represented the worst forum perhaps second to only the Turkish forum ( :wink:) in regards to annoying behavior.

Bad history doesn't vanish overnight nor is it suddenly as if Vincenzo is a wonderful person.

Is that unfair? Perhaps, but that's the way life goes, if you act like a tool, don't expect people to embrace you later.

The game is very ambitious in what they've said it will be, Whether that will be the true outcome or not I don't know.
Even though it may seem that I dislike FSE I really don't as I hope this game delivers what has been promised as it sounds ****ing epic! despite the crappy time period I think the game will make up for itself as long as all the features are made possible.

All the best to Vince and the team I say!

Úlfheðinn said:
To be fair, I think a lot of the animosity stems from the fact that what the TW community and forums have to base our view of FSE and NW on are how Vincenzo acted and how generally the NW community functioned when they were still to be found on these forums. For ages the NW forums represented the worst forum perhaps second to only the Turkish forum ( :wink:) in regards to annoying behavior.

Bad history doesn't vanish overnight nor is it suddenly as if Vincenzo is a wonderful person.

Is that unfair? Perhaps, but that's the way life goes, if you act like a tool, don't expect people to embrace you later.
That and the fact that NW is seen by a lot of people as the Mos Eisley of Taleworlds.

I think the latest update looks promising. Considering that beforehand I was in doubt that the game would ever reach completion, it's helped alleviate those doubts. I'm actually a little bit interested now.

Big Mac said:
the Mos Eisley of Taleworlds.
Nice turn of phrase!

BigRedOne said:
Der Einzige said:
Goker said:
Strange for people to be arguing about someone's private life on a game thread, isn't it?
I find Vince strange from what's happened ingame to be fair, but I don't think anyone wants to go into that.

Either or, this game will come out alright but the community full of whiny children is going to ruin it. The same community that can't even have a line battle without making a rule that you can't shoot during a charge.

False, your argument is invalid. In fact you were talking about you when you say "community of children". Why do you guys comment only to complain about the man?

The community is full of whiny children. Seems like 90% does not know what the definition of "joke" means...besides when Bannelord comes out, a lot of user from FSE forums will leave.

Yeah that's true the NW communityhas quite a lot of bad potential, but a lot of that has been erased by simply banning them. However a lot of trolls and "whiny children" are still around which is annoying, but whenever I play native the trolls are not far either (RED_Siege or however that server is called is a feast for trolls lol).

Megaberna said:
The community is full of whiny children. Seems like 90% does not know what the definition of "joke" means...besides when Bannelord comes out, a lot of user from FSE forums will leave.

I don't really think so. Bannerlord and BCoF can simply coexist I don't see the problem in that. And people can have accounts on both TW and FSE forums. I am certainly looking forward to both games.

Yes they can coexist.

Although a lot of people just are on FSE forums because TW forums are just dead for NW. With Bannerlord out many regiments will disband and move to Bannerlord "Clan Section" i think.

Also think a lot will just leave NW when Bannerlord comes out and in the future, L'Aigle.

To be honest I imagine we'll probably get a similar situation on Bannerlord's release as we do when other major games come out, i.e. just see the existing NW clans adding it to the list of "games we play" but continuing to be an NW clan.

When L'aigle comes out I imagine it might overtake NW as the Napoleonic game-to-play in the community (at least for a time) provided it lives up to expectations (and I hope it does). When BCoF is released though I'm expecting a pretty big influx of american players and clans from outside the community. The NW community has got a bad reputation because it's grown a bit stagnant and therefore no-one has anything better to do than argue and harass each other. With a large enough influx of new players I think the community might freshen up a fair bit.

Blobmania said:
To be honest I imagine we'll probably get a similar situation on Bannerlord's release as we do when other major games come out, i.e. just see the existing NW clans adding it to the list of "games we play" but continuing to be an NW clan.

When L'aigle comes out I imagine it might overtake NW as the Napoleonic game-to-play in the community (at least for a time) provided it lives up to expectations (and I hope it does). When BCoF is released though I'm expecting a pretty big influx of american players and clans from outside the community. The NW community has got a bad reputation because it's grown a bit stagnant and therefore no-one has anything better to do than argue and harass each other. With a large enough influx of new players I think the community might freshen up a fair bit.

Spot on!

Blobmania said:
I was just typing something similiar as that, screw you Blobby. :sad: Ninja'd me.

Blobmania said:

Think so too, as long as there is no mod for Bannerlord set in that time setting or L'Aigle (when it finally is released) people will keep playing NW.

Big Mac said:
You clearly care enough to have a queer little argument on the internet.
Talking about something is different than my "blood boiling"
I have see no reason to ever get that angry about something like this.

Back
Top Bottom