FSE : Battle Cry of Freedom

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I remember seeing a post about the FSE community is **** (and I know), it also regarded how online play is pretty sad and how people no longer have the fun we used to see, and then I went on the NA public server. I spent some time there and just about everything that guy said was true. People constantly rant about KD's, they stab people when we are just trying to have fist fights, and there was even a time where everyone on one team was trying to punch the last guy to death. It was all fun and games until this one guy came in and stabbed the last person and the fun was ruined. It really does shame me when I see that people are right about the game. I thought there was something more to the community I had.

BCoF will be hopefully revive the community, and hopefully **** like that wont happen when its released.

the alpha will definitely be out this year though. not sure about the final game.

Gah, I just want the FSE community to be somewhat civilized. I mean the **** that happens overthere makes me feel like I'm in some sort of adolecent Special Ed class. I mean Taleworlds never had to deal with assholes like the Bush Pirates.

Don't know about NW, but if you want linebattles you can all just go play the Battlegrounds. http://www.bgmod.com
I used to play it and nearly everyone was always following the rules on the servers, which also made the newbies adapt quickly and learn to fall in line.
Also there were skirmish maps for those who didn't like linebattles.

I used to play BG2 everyday. I even got to the point that I was ranked 3rd on the most popular server. So out of thousands of people, or something like that. I'm p proud of dat. Problem is, last time I played BG2 it was dead. The server I mentioned above was pretty much the last stable server, and it had the same problems as all Valve games have, e.g. people saying the word, "******," nonstop, people that had played it so much that they would just dominate anyone and everyone that was trying to get into the game, (like I did) etc.

Still, a very fun experience.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Gah, I just want the FSE community to be somewhat civilized. I mean the **** that happens overthere makes me feel like I'm in some sort of adolecent Special Ed class. I mean Taleworlds never had to deal with assholes like the Bush Pirates.
Just find the right company in the game. There are a lot of regiments who don't troll around and trolls are punished hard.

Except that that's also no fun. It's alright to have fun in the game. That's another major reason I don't like playing the game anymore; regiments take Line battles so seriously it's comical. I just wish that you could play with some organization, but without being super strict, like in the olden days. *rabble rabble*

The Nutty Pig said:
George385 said:
BCoF will be hopefully revive the community, and hopefully **** like that wont happen when its released.

the alpha will definitely be out this year though. not sure about the final game.
George you are Australian correct?

correct, im giving rejenorst the sounds he needs to make BCoF, the voices too.

which will be in March for the sounds and sometime this week for the voices.

just for the people who are interested.

I don't know which region you're in, but if you're looking for a fun, casual, but organized group to play with in NA, I cannot recommend the NA Public Regiment enough. They're a really cool bunch of guys (assuming the old guards are still around) so they're a lot of fun to hang out with. They're really well drilled (strong tradition of proper discipline) yet it's casual. There is no training, except about 15 minutes before an event. The regiment began as an outlet for new players and non-regimentals to get a taste of linebattles, without having to be a part of a regiment. You can find more information here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,237734.msg5684517.html#msg5684517

Their main event is: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285168.0.html

Kawee said:
I don't know which region you're in, but if you're looking for a fun, casual, but organized group to play with in NA, I cannot recommend the NA Public Regiment enough. They're a really cool bunch of guys (assuming the old guards are still around) so they're a lot of fun to hang out with. They're really well drilled (strong tradition of proper discipline) yet it's casual. There is no training, except about 15 minutes before an event. The regiment began as an outlet for new players and non-regimentals to get a taste of linebattles, without having to be a part of a regiment. You can find more information here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,237734.msg5684517.html#msg5684517

this isnt for NW dude, this is another game, and i stated i was in AUS, and i am already in a regiment.

George385 said:
The Nutty Pig said:
George385 said:

George you are Australian correct?

correct, im giving rejenorst the sounds he needs to make BCoF, the voices too.

which will be in March for the sounds and sometime this week for the voices.

just for the people who are interested.
I have always wondered how big the Australian community for the game is, and why they use a different forum
Hadhod said:
ClearlyInvisible said:
Just find the right company in the game. There are a lot of regiments who don't troll around and trolls are punished hard.
I dont think he is talking about regiments I think he is talking about trolls like Betty, GunZo and the bush pirates. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kawee said:

Dafaq is this ****... Exactly one of the things wrong with the community doesn't read the OP and post's crap like this all over the place.

How is that crap? He saw people complaining and offered a way for them to try and make the most out of the game. The main reason I continue on in my regiment is that I enjoy the people in it, (for the most part) not because I enjoy the duties and obligations that come with the regiment.

WTF, he complained that he wanted to play linebattles, but not be part of a regiment, so I offered him a way out. My bad I didn't check back to see he's Australian (although there is an Australian in the regiment.)

TheFlyingFishy said:
Except that that's also no fun. It's alright to have fun in the game. That's another major reason I don't like playing the game anymore; regiments take Line battles so seriously it's comical. I just wish that you could play with some organization, but without being super strict, like in the olden days. *rabble rabble*
Some regiments were always super strict. But this is what makes the game so good, everyone can play as he like to. Join a casual regiment or a stricter one. I hope this will be the same in BCoF when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom