SP - General Frustration of Recruiting a Lord to your Kingdom & Possible Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Hairy Yahoo

On probation
Hello,

In warband, we had lords who wish to join our kingdom waiting for us in capital of our kingdom.

In bannerlord we have no lords coming to our castles/tows to be able to join our side. You have to find and persuade every lord for that. Ok still seems not big of a problem right?

Now it is a problem because:
-The map is 4x size of the Warband
-These lords are always on the road since there's no gatherings like tournament banquets of warband.
-Most of the time these lords are travelling within an army and you can't speak to them unless they are leading the army.
-Considering you can only recruit clan leaders, I got to find the specific dude in middle of nowhere.

What I'd like instead: give RNG chance to have lords with negative relationship to their current leader apply for player created faction by simply waiting in the courtyard or by sending a message.
Let players also send message to clan leader through any clan member.

Currently I am a king of my own faction with one single clan. Holding 3 towns, 2 castles beheaded 12 lords of the northern empire and utterly destroyed that faction (their last fief was gone to another faction instead of mine when i killed the last lord btw... another disappointment) and the game is expecting me to run like a little dog in the huge map just to start save/load session for gimmicky persuasion mechanic.

I know it is EA, I don't expect stats/perks/skills and some mechanics to work but the way you propose players to recruit lords to their faction is a total design failure. No one in testing team really noticed how frustrating this method will be? Guys we've been waiting this for a really really long time but seeing these kind of fundemental errors in the game is really troubling.

Back
Top Bottom