B Fantasy From the Ashes

Users who are viewing this thread

vuk

Sergeant at Arms
Hello everyone, I am happy to announce that after several months of work, I will soon (Hopefully in the next few days) be able to release a working version of my new mod: From the Ashes

banneriq.jpg

The first version will be singleplayer only, but I plan for multiplayer to follow near the end of the development cycle.
From the Ashes (FrAs) is the largest mod that I have made to date, and it will boast new graphics, sound, gameplay, factions, weapons, characters, etc.

FrAs is centered around the chaos on the continent of Dagria, as the three great empires: The Undrian Empire, the Drasian Empire, and the Dakhan Empire, which once struggled between themselves to control the continent begin their rapid decline. From the ashes of these great Empires, three strong contenders emerge: The Kingdom of Hrokar, the Kingdom of Frdia, and the Kaisau Empire. The decay of many centuries has not effected these new powers, and their progress leaves the old Empires behind.
You will choose to either restore one of these great empires to its former glory, or lead one of the new, struggling powers to victory!

As in my other mod, VFGR, I have strived to make the gameplay as exciting, new, and realistic as possible. Enemies now kill very effectively, and there are many of them. Your most important place on the battlefield is commanding your troops. The base troops that you recruit are your factions light/medium infantry/cavalry, and are capable troops that will make up most of the manpower of you and your allies' armies.

Every faction has a unique culture and history that will be represented in the game. I will be releasing miniature faction previews for each of the factions in the game over the next few weeks, but in the meanwhile I would like to show you a little of the concept art that went into designing the mod, as well as some in game screenshots of the strategy map.

Charles IV, King of the Hrokar:
charlesretouch.jpg

Emporer Apolliana Opianus Segestius XXVIII:
img1062nc.jpg

Emporer Jùrén:
blackandwhitedemo.jpg

Map:
mapteaser3.jpg

Map Again:
mapteaser2.jpg

Thank you very much to my two sisters,  Miloš_Obilić and Sir_Quack_A_Lot for helping me with the wonderful concept art!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Segestius looks like a jolly sort.

lol, as part of the faction previews I am going to release more artwork of the rulers and pretenders, and tell their stories. Segestius's is quite interesting.  :wink:

@shadowarcher: As far as new features, there will be new factions, troops, weapons, characters, etc (as stated above), the damage system and the way that the game factors damage will be changed to be more realistic. Combat balance will very different than in the game, and the role that the player has will change. I am also trying to make the culture and history of the land feel a lot more rich and authentic than in Native, as well as making the player feel more as if he is a part of the world. Tons and tons of changes have been made to gameplay, and I will talk about them more as I get closer to release.

vuk said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Segestius looks like a jolly sort.

@shadowarcher: As far as new features, there will be new factions, troops, weapons, characters, etc (as stated above), the damage system and the way that the game factors damage will be changed to be more realistic. Combat balance will very different than in the game, and the role that the player has will change. I am also trying to make the culture and history of the land feel a lot more rich and authentic than in Native, as well as making the player feel more as if he is a part of the world. Tons and tons of changes have been made to gameplay, and I will talk about them more as I get closer to release.

Cool, looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom