From a Technical/Coding Standpoint, How Hard Is It To Give TDM Fixed Spawns?

Users who are viewing this thread

QPZ89uN.gif

I guess everyone has their preferences, but really bro?

I would rather before have a 100% combat system where the response is fast and there is no delay or randomness parameter than to designate a spawn point. Both should be up and running 100% by now? no one doubts that.

The combat system is the core of M&B's soul, and many seem to have forgotten about.
Yes. New spawns are something the devs might consider. They obviously will not consider making combat fun and enjoyable because this is a passion project and Armagon wants us to play it HIS way.

But don't worry, the modders will save us... eventually. Modders tend to make things that people actually like. Sad thing is that will take a year or so.

PS: I think you're a ****. And I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people you meet think you're a ****. I mean we all have opinions, but you seem like the kinda guy who just 'knows better'. So, yeah.

Yes. New spawns are something the devs might consider. They obviously will not consider making combat fun and enjoyable because this is a passion project and Armagon wants us to play it HIS way.

But don't worry, the modders will save us... eventually. Modders tend to make things that people actually like. Sad thing is that will take a year or so.

PS: I think you're a ****. And I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people you meet think you're a ****. I mean we all have opinions, but you seem like the kinda guy who just 'knows better'. So, yeah.
giphy.gif

What about this short circuit you just had? How should I interpret this, mate? What have I said to deserve such an answer?

You did put forward a bold claim that combat isn't the number one issue, while it is the number one issue.

Also no this isn't a passion project. They literally make a living out of this

All combat is is a representation of how players interact with each other in the game. If fixed spawns make those interactions more consistent and less unfair, fixed spawns are helping combat.

You did put forward a bold claim that combat isn't the number one issue, while it is the number one issue.

Also no this isn't a passion project. They literally make a living out of this
I agree combat is the number one issue, but I just think spawns have a better chance of being fixed.

And if Armagon really cared about money, don't you think he'd be trying to make the game enjoyable for players instead of pushing the hated stance/block delay thingy?

I agree combat is the number one issue, but I just think spawns have a better chance of being fixed.

And if Armagon really cared about money, don't you think he'd be trying to make the game enjoyable for players instead of pushing the hated stance/block delay thingy?
Yes

Streamlining the game, remember that?

TDM spawns are still randomized. What is so hard about making maps with fixed spawns. We know that it is possible because every other gamemode has fixed spawns built in.

I love the random spawns. I love the challenge of it. Please don't change it. (500 hours in Bannerlord, thousands more in Warband).

I think one issue of just adding in fixed spawns is that the currently existing TDM maps just aren't designed for it. Most spawn placements would either be very unbalanced, especially depending on faction match-up or would cut off and make large parts of the maps irrelevant. I think the map designers should go forward with the feedback that a lot of the community would rather fixed spawns in TDM, but it might not be realistic for them to go back and redesign the current maps, especially with MP already lacking in maps.

I think one issue of just adding in fixed spawns is that the currently existing TDM maps just aren't designed for it. Most spawn placements would either be very unbalanced, especially depending on faction match-up or would cut off and make large parts of the maps irrelevant. I think the map designers should go forward with the feedback that a lot of the community would rather fixed spawns in TDM, but it might not be realistic for them to go back and redesign the current maps, especially with MP already lacking in maps.
Considering that we only have 3 TDM maps at the moment, I think it would be much better for them to decide on fixed spawns now and make every future map with that decision having been made.

If warband is anything to go by, the final bannerlord product will have hundreds of TDM maps. 3 of them being slightly unbalanced really wont be that big a deal in 2024.

What will be a big deal in 2024 is if the spawns in TDM are still random with no way to set them per team. If thats the case TDM will become dead as dirt as soon as siege and other better gamemodes become stable.

I love the random spawns. I love the challenge of it. Please don't change it. (500 hours in Bannerlord, thousands more in Warband).

But you must consider the other players. In the context of TDM, you Swampy Merkin, you're a big fish -you can feed with ease on the less skilled/experienced players, even when you get an unfavorable spawn.

Place yourselves in their shoes however; when they're spawned in the vicinity of five enemies with no friendlies in sight, there's no way they'll ever be able to reach their allies, even though the mode is called Team Deathmatch. Not much opportunity for teamwork or collaboration there.

The current spawn system runs antipodal to the spirit of TDM. It's more in line with Deathmatch than anything team oriented.

Back
Top Bottom