From a hero/companion to Vassal help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Orbit-

Knight at Arms
I've created a quest in which after the ending the player takes someone as a companion to his/her army. The thing is, this character is not created as a regular companion and is an unkillable hero of a quest. So he is only recruitable after the quest not from taverns. The problem starts when I make that hero a vassal. After the quest he joined my party and everything works normally but after I make him a vassal by granting him lands, I can see his banner on the castle but after a week ingame he didnt appear in the castle. The info page doesnt show his name under my vassals tab and I cant grant him lands via minister, yet I can accuse him of treachery.

Now the question is, how can I make him a hero yet not make him appear in taverns and act like a regular companion to make him a vassal after I recruit him from the quest?

Solution
I've created a quest in which after the ending the player takes someone as a companion to his/her army. The thing is, this character is not created as a regular companion and is an unkillable hero of a quest

did you add him inside the range for heroes (includes companions, kings, lords, pretenders, etc)? Remember the game checks just a few troops when doing stuff for vassals

you will then have to setup him with the proper slots for occupation and check if you need to put exceptions on any dialogs/menus/etc until that unit is a vassal.

here is a example. This trigger pays the heroes salary (like a lord from a kingdom) weekly

Code:
  #Adding net incomes to heroes (once a week)
  #Increasing debts to heroes by 1% (once a week)...
I've created a quest in which after the ending the player takes someone as a companion to his/her army. The thing is, this character is not created as a regular companion and is an unkillable hero of a quest

did you add him inside the range for heroes (includes companions, kings, lords, pretenders, etc)? Remember the game checks just a few troops when doing stuff for vassals

you will then have to setup him with the proper slots for occupation and check if you need to put exceptions on any dialogs/menus/etc until that unit is a vassal.

here is a example. This trigger pays the heroes salary (like a lord from a kingdom) weekly

Code:
  #Adding net incomes to heroes (once a week)
  #Increasing debts to heroes by 1% (once a week)
  #Adding net incomes to centers (once a week)
  (24*7,
   [
       (try_for_range, ":troop_no", active_npcs_begin, active_npcs_end),

note the limiters used above

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom