Friendly reminder to people complaining about BL

Users who are viewing this thread

To all you warband purists and serial complainers: Um, sweatie, the game's recent reviews are "mostly positive" so... :rolleyes:.

Yeah :sneaky:, the game's doing FINE.

I think most of the unhappy players don't bother writing a review on steam and go directly to the forum to rant. I will wait with my review until the game is in a somewhat finished state. Its not fair to judge an unfinished game.

MP players clearly love this game, look at all those positive reviews. You warband boomers are so sad, and you should quit making excuses to justify this incorrect view that the game's widely disliked. It's popular!! The numbers show it!!

From 250k to like 17k in three months lol, Warband had 8k around the time of BL's release
*Shrug* the starting number of players was grossly out of proportion; a totally unrealistic amount and probably driven by the memes more then anything - that was never going to be maintained especially given how much work still needs to be done. It's currently sitting at a fairly reasonable number of players; in the same regions as total war warhammer 2 and civilisation 6 which have big crossover with this game and both recently got brand spanking new DLC.

I also wonder if there is not an insignificant number of players who play it SP in offline mode. These wouldn't necessarily factor into the steam ratings.

When there is a big new patch for bannerlord the numbers will spike again, when the game goes to full release the numbers will spike again. Yeah the chart is pretty daunting to look at but... whatever? It's not like no one is playing the game. Warband never peaked beyond 22k in its entire lifecycle and that's after 10 years of amazing mod support.

Last edited:
Warband has better review
so what's ur point ?
the complains in this forum are for MP and most of the complains are valid
Warband has better reviews as of now yes. This is 10 years after full release after hundreds of brilliant mods, competitions, events, community groups etc etc...

And the feedback on this forum is also largely valid yes.

My point is - these players numbers aren't really relative to anything. I wouldn't read into them too much; going from numbers alone should I deduce that bannerlord in its current state is twice as good as warband with all it's mods?

HfCFH2P.png

Of course not. This isn't a fair judgement. You can't say bannerlord is failing from these stats anymore then I can say Bannerlord is much better then Warband.

Axios this was a troll post...
Obviously... :wink:

I was more responding to the comments then the OP.

But people are concerned about the player count drops. Now there is some teeth to the arguement sure; but I think it should all be taken with a huge grain of salt. Lets see what it levels out as; and how much this stays consistent towards full release.

while you can have 20k players online at Bannerlord, perhaps 150 top are in multiplayer. Warband surely beats that every day, but you'd have to count the several mods in it however.

while you can have 20k players online at Bannerlord, perhaps 150 top are in multiplayer. Warband surely beats that every day, but you'd have to count the several mods in it however.
But that's the arguement though isn't it - mods. I don't think it's fair to judge bannerlord to warbands mods; only native warband. Bannerlord will get this same support given time but not until full release.

Yeah it's too early to compare, being in EA without a polished combat system plus lacking the planned features. To my eyes what's still alarming is the fact that from all the Bannerlord players at a time, only 0.75% or 1% is playing the current multiplayer.

Yeah it's too early to compare, being in EA without a polished combat system plus lacking the planned features. To my eyes what's still alarming is the fact that from all the Bannerlord players at a time, only 0.75% or 1% is playing the current multiplayer.
This was similar to Warband too though; and Bannerlord MP is very barebones at the moment. 4 game modes, no custom servers, lots of improvements to be made. I am sure we will get more into MP as it gets developed but right now SP is a much bigger game.

Also the BETA patches don't help this either. I do like the idea but it splits the playerbase further; I can't choose to have a fully updated SP experience and play MP at the same time.

This was similar to Warband too though; and Bannerlord MP is very barebones at the moment. 4 game modes, no custom servers, lots of improvements to be made. I am sure we will get more into MP as it gets developed but right now SP is a much bigger game.

Also the BETA patches don't help this either. I do like the idea but it splits the playerbase further; I can't choose to have a fully updated SP experience and play MP at the same time.

you cannot say it is similar numbers to Warband. that is untrue and I’ve made probably half a dozen posts at this point with the numbers and evidence. Warband sits at 10-15% in MP at any time (yesterday it was closer to 20% at prime time), while Bannerlord was managing 3-5% at release and is now <3%.

there are many reasons for this, and I’m not going to repeat them again and again, but it is disingenuous or ignorant to claim that the numbers and percentages Bannerlord is managing in its MP are in any way similar to what we saw in Warband.

you cannot say it is similar numbers to Warband. that is untrue and I’ve made probably half a dozen posts at this point with the numbers and evidence. Warband sits at 10-15% in MP at any time (yesterday it was closer to 20% at prime time), while Bannerlord was managing 3-5% at release and is now <3%.

there are many reasons for this, and I’m not going to repeat them again and again, but it is disingenuous or ignorant to claim that the numbers and percentages Bannerlord is managing in its MP are in any way similar to what we saw in Warband.

What were the percentages say 2 years ago though? For the last 3-4 years Warband has averaged around 10k players a day; you can't tell me there was over 1k players on multiplayer... I watched those servers a lot... you would have maybe 1-2 servers at 60+. More during events maybe... Persistent world & cRPG helped bump the numbers but I can't think of a single day ever I saw THAT many people on MP across all modules.

Back
Top Bottom