Friendly armies not joining battle within literal earshot

Users who are viewing this thread

Arkyll

Recruit
One of the things about this game that gets my blood boiling for sure is this kinda garbage.

I performed a perfect pincer on this Battanian army here, and this huge friendly army within spitting distance is no where to be found.

Why does this happen so often?
That army is even in ****ing pursuit of the same Battanian force!

Where is the error on my behalf?! There isnt any.
How would I know that this force within close proximity to me is going to not help when in every other circumstance the game has led me to believe that they are!

Why wouldnt they help me? The AI always attacks enemy forces if they have the advantage, and if a friendly party or army is nearby (very nearby in this instance) they will teleport to you to assist.

If I werent the player, and in control of time, I would not be condemned to defeat here, the AI army would have caught up in literally 3 seconds and won us the battle.

Well not sure about the exact radius to expect allies to jump in, but on your picture I gonna say that they were almost there :unsure:
The problem is that when you start the battle, map time will just stop and no hope to get any external help.
And I can see that the Battanian party was 2 times bigger than yours, so your only hope was to lure them closer to the incoming ally army.

It's a catch 22, time freezes saving you from enemy reinforcements out of range, but also stopping allies out of range from helping also.

Would be interesting to have it where the battle progressed and armies still moved on the campaign map and could help/ hinder you

There used to be a mod called "AI Reinforcements" that did just that and more. Great mod. It worked for like two main versions and then got broken and the author took it down.

There used to be a mod called "AI Reinforcements" that did just that and more. Great mod. It worked for like two main versions and then got broken and the author took it down.
Yup loved that mod. It even had a timer of when and what direction they would show up on the battle map. Just not fun playing without it as I love dynamic game worlds

Back
Top Bottom